Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints with companions

Slurmez
11.08.2012 , 07:39 PM | #91
The right class geared can solo most of the flashpoints anyway with just one companion out...

Lostpenguins
11.08.2012 , 08:09 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
The right class geared can solo most of the flashpoints anyway with just one companion out...
You're right. My Marauder with my healing comp can solo most, but I'm decked out in Dreadguard gear and my comp is full 61, but that's not what the people in favor of this style are really arguing. If you're decked out in gear like me, you're probably not complaining about group content.

AshlaBoga
11.08.2012 , 10:23 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
You're right. My Marauder with my healing comp can solo most, but I'm decked out in Dreadguard gear and my comp is full 61, but that's not what the people in favor of this style are really arguing. If you're decked out in gear like me, you're probably not complaining about group content.
If they're truly that adverse to group content but want to do endgame flashpoints then they can just buy the 61/63 grade gear off the GTN and then solo pretty much every Tier 1 HM FP.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

thatPERSON
11.09.2012 , 12:20 AM | #94
reminds me of this one time i did the black hole heroic on imp side with a group. hit some sort of bug that lets us all bring our healing comps. never dipped below 90% health lol

Lostpenguins
11.09.2012 , 09:41 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
If they're truly that adverse to group content but want to do endgame flashpoints then they can just buy the 61/63 grade gear off the GTN and then solo pretty much every Tier 1 HM FP.
Right again, but most solo players probably don't have the credits to do this either. From what I'm gathering from most solo players they hate grinding so I doubt they've earned the credits from doing dailies enough. Just my guess. There could be some that have the credz, but I'm guessing most don't.

FINNT
11.09.2012 , 09:53 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Right again, but most solo players probably don't have the credits to do this either. From what I'm gathering from most solo players they hate grinding so I doubt they've earned the credits from doing dailies enough. Just my guess. There could be some that have the credz, but I'm guessing most don't.
If player likes story aspects -> do most of the quests (doesn't include money maked from crafting) they make quite the load of credits before story "end".

Can't myself estimate how much because I have mailed every surplus 50k to alts. A lot.
:laser:

Monoth
11.09.2012 , 10:22 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Drackkor View Post
I hope the game designers consider using all companions in flashpoints normal and hm for 1.6 would really make this game more appealing to solo players. Once you get to lvl 50 all you can do is daily's if your a solo player they need to expanded the companion role to flashpoints. More folks would keep playing the game. Instead of getting bored after a few weeks at 50 the giving it up..
Wouldn't work for some flashpoints, companions just stand in one spot so that pretty much eliminates them from any fight where they need to move to avoid damage.... I have no issues finding people to do FP's, sometimes I have to wait 30-60 mins before one pops but i Just continue to level by doing quests until it does...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Drackkor
11.11.2012 , 05:29 PM | #98
Time will tell if this becomes a reality but with my Trooper who is dps I will wait over a half hour to find a group in q. I just feel this would stop the bleeding of people leaving this game so fast once they hit lvl 50. Once your lvl 50 the game ends as far as story. This would be a great bridge for a lot of people where companions would interact during flashpoints. This game though has become like every MMO the end game is all about loot. I expected more stories and more story involvement. If this is a story driven MMO they should keep the stories coming every update. Why get HK 51 if you can only run dailys with him?

GrandMike
11.12.2012 , 02:48 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Drackkor View Post
Time will tell if this becomes a reality but with my Trooper who is dps I will wait over a half hour to find a group in q. I just feel this would stop the bleeding of people leaving this game so fast once they hit lvl 50. Once your lvl 50 the game ends as far as story. This would be a great bridge for a lot of people where companions would interact during flashpoints. This game though has become like every MMO the end game is all about loot. I expected more stories and more story involvement. If this is a story driven MMO they should keep the stories coming every update. Why get HK 51 if you can only run dailys with him?
Bingo, game cant hold people becuase:

Replayability is awful (less that 5% content different for each class on same side, group content is mostly the same)
As soon as you hit 50, unless you raid and are gear nut youll quit very soon (more like immediately)

And they wonder why 2+m people said no to SWTOR. What they offer IS NOT worth of subscription, free trial to lvl50 will change nothing.

Ephesia
11.12.2012 , 02:49 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Bingo, game cant hold people becuase:

Replayability is awful (less that 5% content different for each class on same side, group content is mostly the same)
As soon as you hit 50, unless you raid and are gear nut youll quit very soon (more like immediately)

And they wonder why 2+m people said no to SWTOR. What they offer IS NOT worth of subscription, free trial to lvl50 will change nothing.
So, why are you still here?
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst