Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a Star Wars Macgyver?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is there a Star Wars Macgyver?

Wolfninjajedi
11.11.2012 , 10:47 PM | #1
Hmm...an interesting question, popped in my head. Wondering if theres a character, that is kinda like Macgyver in some way? Taking ordinary things, and turning them into weapons or gadgets or something?

I know, I know, rather silly but...I mean with all the tech in the Star Wars universe...it would be pretty interesting to have a character like that.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

JekRendar
11.11.2012 , 11:01 PM | #2
Almost any Underworld/criminal type; Han Solo and Noa Briqualon are the first two who come to mind.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Wolfninjajedi
11.11.2012 , 11:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
Almost any Underworld/criminal type; Han Solo and Noa Briqualon are the first two who come to mind.
Have they taken ordinary pieces of things though, and turned them into something lethal or useful? Am talking about a character who just does that, who doesn't rely on a blaster or anything of that sort.

JekRendar
11.11.2012 , 11:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Have they taken ordinary pieces of things though, and turned them into something lethal or useful? Am talking about a character who just does that, who doesn't rely on a blaster or anything of that sort.
Han Solo took a broken down old freighter and made her into the fastest ship in the galaxy. Noa Briqualon fought the sword-wielding King Terak with a walking stick...and then went to sell Quaker Oats.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Wolfninjajedi
11.11.2012 , 11:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
Han Solo took a broken down old freighter and made her into the fastest ship in the galaxy. Noa Briqualon fought the sword-wielding King Terak with a walking stick...and then went to sell Quaker Oats.
Not entirely sure your getting what I am saying here. You know who Macgyver is right? Am talking about using things like, a paperclip to diffuse a bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09UlB17cgKw

Or making a trap out of plywood, rope, water jugs, and a smoke detector

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9L0gVzOLds

Things of that nature.

Tomb-Stone
11.11.2012 , 11:34 PM | #6
I seriously hope not.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

Wolfninjajedi
11.11.2012 , 11:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomb-Stone View Post
I seriously hope not.
Why not? With so many different items in the SWU, pretty sure a character could make a lot of interesting things.

Tomb-Stone
11.11.2012 , 11:52 PM | #8
Why not? With so many different items in the SWU, pretty sure a character could make a lot of interesting things.
MacGuyver is incredibly cheesy on so many levels I just don't even know what to say.

I think it's cool when a character is resourceful with the elements that are around them. However, when they are doing something that is completely ridiculous like defusing a nuclear warhead with a stick of chewing gum and a paper clip it pushes the BS envelope a bit too far for me to stay captivated. Plus mullets are not cool ever.
Tomb-Stone

Kellan
11.11.2012 , 11:59 PM | #9
R2-D2 is Batman.

Tomb-Stone
11.12.2012 , 12:09 AM | #10
When I re-read your post I gave it a second thought perhaps a character that was very resourceful would be cool in the SWU. I could see something like that working.

It's just that when things get to the "McGuyver" level of impossible resourcefulness that things get cheesy.
Tomb-Stone