Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Origin digital rights key already used ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Origin digital rights key already used ?

OrphiusMorphius
12.13.2011 , 12:55 PM | #1
I saw a couple post which appear similar so I am just wondering if it is affecting everyone who ordered through origin.

I currently do not have early access so I was trying to go ahead and register my cd keys from origin so I would have it out of the way. (digital rights key code not to be confused with preorder code) When I try and register which product I have it says my code has already been used ? It did this for both of my accounts.

Is the digital rights key sent from origins just the early access key? and the cd key will follow later?

DualDeuce
12.13.2011 , 12:58 PM | #2
This happened to me when I pre-ordered through BestBuy. The only way I was able to fix it, was to return/exchange it for a "new" pre-order. It gave me a valid code, but made my code redemption date 1 month later than when it first should have been.

Flipnova
12.13.2011 , 01:00 PM | #3
Yeah i'm alrdy whining about that in another topic.. i Preordered through Origin and it says mine has been used alrdy aswell....

Phoenix_Down
12.13.2011 , 01:02 PM | #4
Yeah the key that shows when you click show game details is the just pre order code which will give you your early access I believe, then they will send the main game key starting on the 16th, from what I've read.

Flipnova
12.13.2011 , 01:04 PM | #5
That means, you'll have to wait 3 more days atleast?

DarthWhatever
12.13.2011 , 01:04 PM | #6
Guys -

I have the same problem...

Here's the answer...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=359
Pravus - Sith Warrior, Jem-Nor - Bounty Hunter, Ko-Ge - Jedi Knight, Mar - Sith Inquisitor
The Swiftsure

Neroi
12.13.2011 , 01:05 PM | #7
Yup, don't worry about the code you have. It's already used because you redeemed your pre-purchase code. I think the fact that Product Code prompt recognizes thie code is creating the confusion. I don't think anyone has their Product Code yet. Those with digital copies will receive the product code in their email before the 20th. Those with physical copies.... may the force be with you.

Phoenix_Down
12.13.2011 , 01:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Flipnova View Post
That means, you'll have to wait 3 more days atleast?
Well you dont need the main game key/code to play in the early access from what I have read, just gotta wait for your early access email.

Zilvereyes
12.13.2011 , 01:19 PM | #9
If you entered your Pre-Order Code, filled in all needed contact info and added the security questions you are good to go.

When I got off work today I came home and found that I was "missing" the product code to finish up my Account, so went through my mails that I got when pre-ordering through Origin and to my surprise I couldn't find that code, so I called EA (Origin) Customer Support and they informed me that it's SWTOR (BioWare) that will send me that code and that we won't get it before release day.

The product code we will get from SWTOR on the 20th (maybe 19th if they don't want a forum going crazy)

So if you like me have the below or similar when you click here, you have what you should have at the present time.
Code:
xx.xx.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
xx.xx.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ ???? Edition Pre-Order
xx.xx.2011 = date of code redemption
???? = version you Pre-Ordered

Hope you all are at this stage,
if not sorry to hear, hope you get it solved.

If anyone is 100% that the information given here is WRONG, do correct me and be nice and send me a PM telling me.

Yours truly
Zilvereyes
European PvP Player - The Sith Empire - Server: Basilisk Droid
Current Server List - SW:TOR for Noobs - Email invite waves for today