Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy
11.11.2012 , 08:08 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
So I finally joined a good pvp guild and one of the first things they told me is that they're not going to get me for ranked when the season comes, not because of my skills as a gamer but because the class sucks.

Yo, moderator boy, when you ask pvp senior dev whateverisname (since they're too busy partying instead of reading their own game forums), tell him that, and also tell him 1.4 merc/commando changes sucked donkey balls.
yep, im in the same situation.

when f2p hits i will be spending all my cartel coins on XP boosts, and will be trying to power level a powertech through warzones. at least i wont have to really grind all the gear again, as i can transfer it through legacy gear

flemwod
11.11.2012 , 08:54 PM | #272
Still nothing on this? im BM/WH and i get smashed by everyone! commando's really need help.

cashogy
11.11.2012 , 09:00 PM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by flemwod View Post
Still nothing on this? im BM/WH and i get smashed by everyone! commando's really need help.
at the earliest, we wont hear anything from the devs until after 1.5 launches

flemwod
11.11.2012 , 09:02 PM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
at the earliest, we wont hear anything from the devs until after 1.5 launches
Yet we have been asking for months now...

Smashbrother
11.11.2012 , 09:14 PM | #275

when f2p hits i will be spending all my cartel coins on XP boosts, and will be trying to power level a powertech through warzones. at least i wont have to really grind all the gear again, as i can transfer it through legacy gear
I would totally do this too, but my WH gear is the healing set. /wrist lol

cashogy
11.11.2012 , 10:11 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I would totally do this too, but my WH gear is the healing set. /wrist lol
bummer lol

ive actually been trying out the heal spec, using my Eliminator set. once i get my powertech to 50, i will probably get a BM combat medic set for my merc so that it is still semi useful

Quote: Originally Posted by flemwod View Post
Yet we have been asking for months now...
trust me, we all know how you feel. with the upcoming release of the new warzones, i feel like there is a greater chance for some PvP changes to make it into the game. hopefully Merc/Mando gets some much needed love

Asukaa
11.12.2012 , 10:55 AM | #277

I have my VG with 8 piece WH now. Tactics spec. I like it, but honestly, I still perform better on my Commando than the VG. I think it's the whole melee aspect that I'm not really digging. My VG does take quite a beating before he dies tho. The survivability of Tactics is amazing. I rolled a sniper recently because, even with the extra survivability, I still dislike melee. Sniper is a pretty hard class to learn tho. Gotta find this one Imp on my server who is King of Snipers so I can ask for help.

Hopefully this will all be short lived and in 1.6 they will fix most of the issues with Commandos. I just have this feeling that it will become a bit OP.
25 minute Assault Commando pvp video: http://youtu.be/7wM0QXWBwoE
Duck'bumps (Assault Commando) vs Silch (Focus Guardian) all 5 Rounds (Silch POV): http://youtu.be/R_S_DQKOvd8

Dovahbrah
11.12.2012 , 11:03 AM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by Asukaa View Post
I just have this feeling that it will become a bit OP.
Then it will finally be up to par with half of the other classes in this game.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Phasersablaze
11.12.2012 , 11:10 AM | #279
From the sounds of it it doesn't look like we are going to get anything OP...just an escape mechanism. BS imo.

RealLyrix
11.12.2012 , 01:46 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
From the sounds of it it doesn't look like we are going to get anything OP...just an escape mechanism. BS imo.

They should get us back to when it was at first.. People complain about tracer/grav spam ZOMIGAWD!!! Look now ffs. smash crits you for 7k in your face..