Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nemmar
11.11.2012 , 06:24 PM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by Rydlin View Post
Didn't mean to come off hostile. We used to hear back from the devs and now they stay pretty quiet. Everyone has questions but no answers makes it hard. Really feels like any other MMO where the PVP aspect of the game gets ignored thinking its not a big part and the game falls apart. I know not everyone is into PVP. But the majority of players quit cuz of pvp and its broken system and we hear nothing back on fixing or looking into. The majority of info put out is for the PVE and RP side of the game. Warzones are slow coming and still no word of world pvp. But they don't mean didly with a broken system. We get no feedback on their end like they could care less. I understand they can't talk about everything in the works but we can't get a "were looking into it" or "something is in the works" type answer. No answer in fact.

Hard to believe we had over 20 servers at launch with sometimes an hr wait to get in game cuz servers were full. They are in total deniel thinking people quit cuz of subscriptions. 1.2 brought change, took away world pvp and broke it further. Then the pvp comunity got fed up and packed its bags. I know their are other aspects why people left but I lost an entire guild of PVP players that were big on the server. How much further can u get with a game without comunication with its players about the good and the bad of the game? Or letting them know you here their concerns.

The state of the game is that the Dev's are in deniel and don't listen. I hate trolling, cuz I enjoy star wars and parts of this game, but your going to continue to see a downward spiral of this game. people will come for f2p but you will soon loose more subscriptions do to ignoring and lying to urself about the true state of the game and what drove everyone away. A good chunk would come back if aspects were broght back and fixed.
Not to say i dont agree with you, but the devs that listened got fired. I'm pretty sure the ones still there really need their jobs so they keep quiet. Redirect your anger at the ones that pressed their weight on, because they want quick and alot of money and not a sucessful product: EA. I am definitly not gonna buy EA products easily after this. To do so, is to incentivate the current behaviour of running down studios and franchises. Look at C&C, look at Kingdoms of amalur reckoning. If you dont make millions and millions EA is gonna run you down. Its happening to Bioware now.

Rydlin
11.11.2012 , 07:40 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Not to say i dont agree with you, but the devs that listened got fired. I'm pretty sure the ones still there really need their jobs so they keep quiet. Redirect your anger at the ones that pressed their weight on, because they want quick and alot of money and not a sucessful product: EA. I am definitly not gonna buy EA product easily after this. To do so, is to incentivate the current behavious of running down studios and franchises. Look at C&C, look at Kingdoms of amalur reckoning. If you dont make millions and millions EA is gonna run you down. Its happening to Bioware now.
I agree. In the begining we would hear back. And I will never buy an EA game again as well. They got greedy and forgot about those who want to play.
___[==THE==]____
/DEATHSTALKER/-----[======] >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
'''''/LEGACY/'''''////'''''''''''''''''''
_ /////_

danpen
11.11.2012 , 09:44 PM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by Rydlin View Post
I agree. In the begining we would hear back. And I will never buy an EA game again as well. They got greedy and forgot about those who want to play.
Why did they forget about the people who play?
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

RamasSoKehur
11.12.2012 , 09:08 AM | #314
It's a joke

The game lost like 60-70% of subs (at least) since launch because ur DEV team just abandoned the game at it's own luck.

There are bugs around since LAUNCH i just went back to play and there are the SAME bugs.

Just tell that the game is broken and it's going free.

If you feedback and mentality won't change, nothing will save this game.

Look at the real bugs, look at the class balance and stuff, be real with the game.

simplius
11.13.2012 , 09:42 PM | #315
yup a bad joke,,some fanbois even believe, that theres still 700k subs

when they finally close this down, please do us all a favor,,dont play the new star wars mmo

some of you have helped killng TWO star wars mmos, that should show, that you dont really

BELONG in a successful mmo..just as little , as i belong in a battlefield game

you didnt want to share the game with casual, paying customers,,so now you have to share with F2Pers

im sure you guys will make a nice team,,enjoy your game , while it lasts

GW2 is actually running now,,its playable and, ive already met more nice people there,,no insults, within

the first hour,,thats a HUGE improvement from this game

AiienTeer
11.14.2012 , 03:51 AM | #316
Two cents from newb who started TOR month ago.

Quote:
1. Our game is awesome. People love it and want to play it.
No. And no. SW:TOR is good with the storyline, sucks with everything else. And poeple don't want to play TOR. They want to play Star Wars. Thats not the same. It's just that there is not much choice when it comes to SW.

Quote:
2. The subscription requirement was driving away huge numbers of people who do not want to commit to paying monthly.
No. It was not subscription. It is never subscription, just look at WoW (sorry, had to say it). It's always the game. TOR evidently lacks when it comes to anything that is not tied to storyline. And that hurts your playerbase. Fix it, and people will sub.

Not to mention that the F2P model you want to implement is really bad, and is more like extended demo, then anything else. AND - because storyline is the only good part of TOR, and storyline is for free, you will not see lot of incom from cartel coins. You may get more short term subs from people who try the game, sub for storyline and unsub after they complete it (I am such player - I sub for storyline).

Quote:
3. The frequency of our Game Updates was way too slow. People were leaving because we were not releasing new content fast enough to keep up with the pace at which it was being consumed.
True. But you created this problem yourself with extensive voice overs rising the costs and times of updates. F2P won't fix it. AND you will never be able to create new content at pace at which it is consumed. Even such monster as WoW is not able. What you could do is to create interesting repetitive endgame content and good, balanced PvP - both low level (better queues, not mix of 1-49 levels) and high level for endgame. But, if those forums are right - you will never do this. You have not in past months and it won't change, I fear.

Bobinoo
11.14.2012 , 04:58 AM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Ah the meme continues. No Mr. Hickman, it wasn't "the price" of the subscription, it was "the quality of the service" for the price of the subscription that drove people away. In fact, your patch 1.4 "quality of life fixes" forced me back to World of Warcraft. Fix your game and tell us the truth.

EDIT: You know keeping legitimate complaints from your management only keeps them in the dark. SWTOR is not in the state they think it is. If you continue to delete posts that describe problems (like the graphics issues which make it near impossible for me to play your game since patch 1.4) they will continue to write fluff and spin pieces. You are fooling no one.
You don't seem to understand how EA functions. They, the corporation, manipulate and evade, pursuing only the quickest and most short-sighted path to extracting money from you. Community, accountability, communication and creativity isn't in it's DNA. Maintaining the illusion of them caring about you as a gamer, as opposed to a dollar sign, is what they are trained to do. This is a major American corporation, and an aggressively hungry one at that. Be real, and quit wasting your time. Stop buying EA, as I'm doing. They've destroyed enough series for my taste.

Nagasurayami
11.14.2012 , 06:41 AM | #318
I like how this News Announcement was removed from the front page of the website and from the news section due to all the negative comments added.

well
11.14.2012 , 06:57 AM | #319
You know if you really want some good input.Go to the fleets and planets.Sit back with a cup of coffee and listen to what folks say.There is too many people that think they speak for everyone.Wrong frelling answer.That is your best bet.Take a break..smoke if you got them and I think you will get a good idea what folks feel needs done or fixed.

Senden
11.15.2012 , 05:14 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by well View Post
You know if you really want some good input.Go to the fleets and planets.Sit back with a cup of coffee and listen to what folks say.There is too many people that think they speak for everyone.Wrong frelling answer.That is your best bet.Take a break..smoke if you got them and I think you will get a good idea what folks feel needs done or fixed.
That's funny, republic fleet is filled with former subscribers hating what f2p has become, the skill bars costing money being a noteworthy mention. The fact is, the majority of responses here is the sad truth and EA are playing dumb to these problems and once again it's going to cost them when they are further forced to downsize the dev team when f2p fails.

The sad thing is, the idea of the state of game is to help communication between developers and players and not only to keep us informed but for us to feel like they care. Sadly, it has the exact opposite effect and there is so many things wrong with what is said that it's blatantly obvious that bEAware (sorry but it best describes the developers) are completely out of touch with the loyal fans of this game or they simply just don't care. I could argue with every single of those three points mentioned however it would read almost identical to what the guy some posts above mine who has been playing for a few months has said.

I'll finish off by saying that I won't be reading state of the game anymore. It saddens me with what is put and further reminds me of what this game could have been if the decision makers weren't incompetent half whits and it wasn't so painfully obvious that the same incompetent people are still there while the talented ones have moved on. Keep trying though bEAware, hopefully when f2p fails, some higher ups heads deservedly roll.