Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[VIDEO] Mercenary PvP : Death to the glowsticks!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[VIDEO] Mercenary PvP : Death to the glowsticks!

darthnish
11.08.2012 , 08:11 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
The reason they're squishy up close is because they do massive ranged damage. They don't need to be tanky. They're a ranged class.
no , no no no, no, all ranged classes have utility, sage/ sorcs have bubble, kb,stun, force speed, lift and a slow, damage comes from multiple skills, casted and instant , one interrupt will not shut it down.

gunslingers/snipers have: root, kb, stun, mez, 100%evasion , shield probe and immunity to interrupts and leaps and pulls.

We have: kb , stun, mez, 25% shield and ****** self heal, all our utility skills are on extremely long cds and we have no way to counter an interrupt as our trees are based of ONE casted ability, its poor design on biowares part.

Asukaa
11.08.2012 , 12:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dejavy View Post
I am the guy you were inspired by I'm Григорий Мирт. Nice to meet you.
What can i say..., NICE, VERY NICE back shooting CUTS again sorry

What i want to see is a match from the BEGINNING to the END where you are not under constant heal/bubble and without firing in your foes' back but dueling with them or so. In most situations where YOU were attacked, you did nothing impressive but crawl being slowed turning your back for hits under RS. And THAT'S what i usually see in real matches. Unfortunately you've been healed that episoded and your mates saved your as*, not your skill.

Also i wish i see a match with players of the same gear. Not the one where a guardian hits you 1k -1.5k and where you crit recruit crabs with 4.7k. It's simply impossible with AP against WH or full BM geared players.

However, thank you very much for your effort and the true faith in our class.
I have a few "duels" with Juggs and Mara's in my vid (in sig). Not sure exactly what you're looking for tho. Just straight up duels, no healing, no los, just see who can blow up the other first?
25 minute Assault Commando pvp video: http://youtu.be/7wM0QXWBwoE
Duck'bumps (Assault Commando) vs Silch (Focus Guardian) all 5 Rounds (Silch POV): http://youtu.be/R_S_DQKOvd8

Asukaa
11.08.2012 , 12:37 PM | #23
About the Vid. It's meh. You should throw in a lot of 1v1's. As people will just say that it was the other dps/heals that kept you from dying etc. You look like you know how to play the class so you can just make a vid dueling marauders all day and never lose. =P
25 minute Assault Commando pvp video: http://youtu.be/7wM0QXWBwoE
Duck'bumps (Assault Commando) vs Silch (Focus Guardian) all 5 Rounds (Silch POV): http://youtu.be/R_S_DQKOvd8

darthnish
11.08.2012 , 02:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Asukaa View Post
About the Vid. It's meh. You should throw in a lot of 1v1's. As people will just say that it was the other dps/heals that kept you from dying etc. You look like you know how to play the class so you can just make a vid dueling marauders all day and never lose. =P
cheers mate, i must admit your video was the inspiration that made me dust of my merc and pvp with her, /salute good sir

Thraloc
11.11.2012 , 04:48 PM | #25
Really nice vids, started making my own merc a few days before i saw your vids
just trying to lvl it, currently 14...sigh, but still trying to find some kind of spec for it... would you mind posting the spec you are playing here.

for the rest...awesome vids and keep it coming =D

darthnish
11.11.2012 , 06:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Thraloc View Post
Really nice vids, started making my own merc a few days before i saw your vids
just trying to lvl it, currently 14...sigh, but still trying to find some kind of spec for it... would you mind posting the spec you are playing here.

for the rest...awesome vids and keep it coming =D
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300ZMIkZfhMrzGhrs.2

thats the one with training wheels, when you get good at kiting and hiding and dpsing from spots where you draw less attention i recommend swapping stabilizers for hire muscle , as this will give you some breathing room for whe nyou start min maxing power

flemwod
11.11.2012 , 08:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Didy_Kush View Post
Not bad at all
Best dps merc/commando on Dalborra
Nice Vid Op.

Far from best on Dalborra for DPS im sorry, surely Kript holds that title.? he's a pain in the bum.

darthnish
11.11.2012 , 08:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by flemwod View Post
Nice Vid Op.

Far from best on Dalborra for DPS im sorry, surely Kript holds that title.? he's a pain in the bum.
i never proclaimed to be :O

flemwod
11.11.2012 , 08:36 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
i never proclaimed to be :O
haha i was quoting Carth. i know you didn't say it, just saying every time i see kript i put a target on his head just so i know where he is.

Didy_Kush
11.12.2012 , 07:41 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by flemwod View Post
Nice Vid Op.

If you think a Tracer merc is the best DPS on Dalborra then idk lol.