Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Heals In PvP Bioware Hates Us

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
No Heals In PvP Bioware Hates Us

Solarenergy
11.11.2012 , 10:43 AM | #11
I always get 2.5K heal and 75K healed. Starting to get the 5K heal now that I'm in full Battlemaster with one WH piece. Also get 10 kills, 2.5K hit, 300K and 25 kills on a regular basis. Even gotten the solo kill medal a few times, all times it has been against either a sniper/slinger or another sorc/sage. In Voidstar I do have a problem getting the defender medals though, because I usually stand in an inconspicuous area to make the enemy forget about me. With the other warzones you have a larger area where you can stand in though and still get defender points.

Aerilas
11.11.2012 , 10:47 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
Clearly, gear is op, and it's you who has missed the point. I mean, every on e in this game is stunned 4 liek half the game and every body is losing games because of it! Like, wth BW!
No, I did not miss the point. you didn't read what I said either.

I never had these problems, with ANY gear. Read better.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper) - Raelisa (Operative) - Micaiah (Sorcerer)
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Kunixp
11.11.2012 , 10:55 AM | #13
I play a dedicated healer and I get MINIMUM 5 medals a WZ. Yes, my healers name is in my sig.
Provix 50 PT, B'ful-oblivion up and coming Operative

Titanstroke
11.11.2012 , 02:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post

Then I applaud you but it has changed and I stand by my statement. When toons start up in Recruit gear now they are shunned by the players who are geared. I cannot count the number of times when on my Sith Healer I have been in a WZ waiting for it to pop and geared toons see three or four ungeared toons and leave fast before it starts it isnt worth their time. Especially since the number of premades have gone out the roof in the WZ, so do I blame the other players no, I am saying that Bioware is sowing the seeds of the destruction of PvP in this game by not looking at this.

There are several ways to address, the best would be to have various levels of WZ, which I wish they would do for under 50 based on level since a new level 10 is owned by anyone who is lvl 30 or above since they have the abilities which the lvl 10 hasnt unlocked yet. Again make it three tiered, first tier is mostly Recruit gear, second tier is mostly Battlemaster gear, third tier are the folks like me on my sage where I am rolling War Hero with the augment slots filled. Then you get competitive games and that is what I enjoy instead of steamrolling or being steamrolled.

The other issue is make the arenas for the pre-mades and make them worth it to them. I am hoping that it is a result of the Arena system being broken that is pushing the premades over to the pug WZ not just a wanting to face roll through. I know I could be wrong but if it is the latter then the game has already failed and we are all in trouble when it is only geared groups going at it in the WZs since they are going to cry a river when they cant faceroll.

I did read your post, I simply think if you havent run a Recruit geared new toon through lately, you probably are a little out of touch of how bad it is for new lvl 50s even for those of us with geared alts.
And From The Wreckage I Will Arise & Cast The Ashes Back In Their Eyes

AboB
11.11.2012 , 04:05 PM | #15
Clearly, gear is op, and it's you who has missed the point. I mean, every on e in this game is stunned 4 liek half the game and every body is losing games because of it! Like, wth BW!
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Titanstroke View Post
Then I applaud you but it has changed and I stand by my statement. When toons start up in Recruit gear now they are shunned by the players who are geared. I cannot count the number of times when on my Sith Healer I have been in a WZ waiting for it to pop and geared toons see three or four ungeared toons and leave fast before it starts it isnt worth their time. Especially since the number of premades have gone out the roof in the WZ, so do I blame the other players no, I am saying that Bioware is sowing the seeds of the destruction of PvP in this game by not looking at this.

There are several ways to address, the best would be to have various levels of WZ, which I wish they would do for under 50 based on level since a new level 10 is owned by anyone who is lvl 30 or above since they have the abilities which the lvl 10 hasnt unlocked yet. Again make it three tiered, first tier is mostly Recruit gear, second tier is mostly Battlemaster gear, third tier are the folks like me on my sage where I am rolling War Hero with the augment slots filled. Then you get competitive games and that is what I enjoy instead of steamrolling or being steamrolled.

The other issue is make the arenas for the pre-mades and make them worth it to them. I am hoping that it is a result of the Arena system being broken that is pushing the premades over to the pug WZ not just a wanting to face roll through. I know I could be wrong but if it is the latter then the game has already failed and we are all in trouble when it is only geared groups going at it in the WZs since they are going to cry a river when they cant faceroll.

I did read your post, I simply think if you havent run a Recruit geared new toon through lately, you probably are a little out of touch of how bad it is for new lvl 50s even for those of us with geared alts.
lol forgot to add
/sarcasm.
critical point I missed. My bad!

FourTwent
11.11.2012 , 04:10 PM | #16
Then I applaud you but it has changed
you're right, it has changed. you get free MK2 recruit gear.

and i was going against champion/centurion 50s as a level 10-49

Doomsdaycomes
11.11.2012 , 04:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
you're right, it has changed. you get free recruit gear.

and i was going against champion/centurion 50s as a level 10-49
^

What this guy said, except add in:

Now you get a free MK2 recruit with 2 BM relics for 50, WH weapons and Offhands are 2k ranked comms only -and- You can start saving up comms for end game gear as early as 40.

-.- buy ya, we better make it even easier for newbs

Smashbrother
11.11.2012 , 04:23 PM | #18
Aren't you just the most cute little thing, roll up a new lvl 50 sometime and put them in recruit gear and see how much fun it is. Or to put it in simple terms when the game is dying due to loss of customers how much fun are you going to have on your geared toon? We need to encourage people to play, or it goes away and we all lose because it will be start over time in another game. That is why I offered ideas of how to seperate the folks out due to gear in an earlier post, and by the way little guy, we all start out in Recruit gear so dont act so superior just because you and I did the grind on our other toons. I want new players to play and the grind now is worse than it was at the start or even a few months back due to the premades and issues with stun lock still not being fixed.

The larger the population, the more we can push for better and additional content from Bioware and EA.
Dude my sniper literally just hit 50 yesterday, and I've been doing a bit of pvp and I'm doing just fine. I always get like 5 medals at least, and almost always get 8+ unless it's a super blow out in huttball.

tbowen
11.11.2012 , 04:25 PM | #19
Uhhhh...if everyone is stunned for (not 4, learn to type like a big boy) half the game...and everyone is losing because of it...shouldn't your enemies be losing because of it too? Hmm strange how you can't both lose...which means one of you has to win...which means one team had to of gotten the advantage be it through gear, tactics, luck, skill, or a combination thereof. Gear is gear, you are rewarded for your time and effort playing as it should be. If you fight another noob in recruit then there is where you can prove your skill...better yet try proving your skill by owning WHs while youre in recruit/BM like I used to, it is doable even though its difficult and most likely beyond your abilities. Yes a gear advantage makes a big difference, solution: GRIND THROUGH IT WITHOUT ************ OUT LIKE ALL THOSE WAR HEROS THAT MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU DID. I did it, my friends did it, even my girlfriend did it and she didnt whine nearly as much as you.

And as for the OP...L2P a healer, yes it is more difficult to get 16+ medals like the taunter/dpsers do, and yes you will get focused fired more. But learn to play around it, learn to be less noticeable, learn to get away, and lastly realize that if you have 3 dps chasing you around for 45 seconds thats 45 seconds your team has 3 less dpsers beating on them so you are still helping. Again, my girlfriend plays better than you guys, she has a scoundrel heals, consistently outheals WH healers, gets tons of medals, and she's only in BM. L2P then complain.

AboB
11.11.2012 , 04:47 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by tbowen View Post
Uhhhh...if everyone is stunned for (not 4, learn to type like a big boy) half the game...and everyone is losing because of it...shouldn't your enemies be losing because of it too? Hmm strange how you can't both lose...which means one of you has to win...which means one team had to of gotten the advantage be it through gear, tactics, luck, skill, or a combination thereof. Gear is gear, you are rewarded for your time and effort playing as it should be. If you fight another noob in recruit then there is where you can prove your skill...better yet try proving your skill by owning WHs while youre in recruit/BM like I used to, it is doable even though its difficult and most likely beyond your abilities. Yes a gear advantage makes a big difference, solution: GRIND THROUGH IT WITHOUT ************ OUT LIKE ALL THOSE WAR HEROS THAT MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU DID. I did it, my friends did it, even my girlfriend did it and she didnt whine nearly as much as you.
uuuuhhhhnnnhhh.... but it's so HARRDD. Y can't I jus buy EWH gear and have it at that?
*Also, I want my sniper to be a REAL sniper, able to shoot at 200M, not this 36M crap.

/sarcasm
(just in case you missed it)