Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agents going Light Side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Imperial Agents going Light Side?

Yozbick
02.07.2012 , 02:10 PM | #71
Lightside here. I think I'm Light III at Level 46.

I was able to choose all the Light options. I kept Kaliya happy by talking smack all the time. Then, when push came to shove, I'd always choose the the Light options.

Me: "You all are a bunch of helpless losers who deserve an immediate and painful death!" (Kaliya +15)
NPC: "Please let us go!"
Me: "Oh... okay... since you asked nicely." (Light 50; Kaliya -1)

Doesn't matter any more. SCORPIO is my one true love.
"Only an irredeemable fanboi can fail to acknowledge irony in the fact that the two worst aspects of 'Star Wars: TOR' are the part with the 'stars' and the part with the 'war.""

JusticeArts
02.12.2012 , 02:24 AM | #72
Wow, I read all 8 pages of this post and it seems like most went Light. My first character was a Sith Warrior, pure Light all the way to end game. I have a smuggler thatís pure light too but I only play that character with my brother (which is rarely ever). Once I first seen the pets I was excited about the Interrogation Droid because it flies, but when I noticed that only Dark III can get it all the rest of my alts are now pure dark just because I want that pet, lol. My IA and SI were Dark III by level 25 and my BH at level 24 because of Diplomacy. I actually felt bad about several of the choices I made because a lot of innocent characters died, but if there were Dark points available I chose it.

Khem Val is pretty easy to be Dark with for the SI. Kaliyo loves my IA, lol. My IA is at level 34 and Kaliyoís affection is at 5806. Mako makes it a bit difficult to be Dark with the BH, so I usually have to dismiss her during some conversations. Iím glad that I finally got my BHís second companion because Mako was starting to make me mad, lol. My Sith Warrior being light got married to Vette and her affection is maxed out. In most cases I pick the options that benefit the companionís affection. I usually back out of the stories and re-click on the NPCs several times to see which dialog options reward affection points.

The only reason why I came across this post is because I just finished Chapter 1 for the IA and I passed up my first Dark Side option. ((SPOILER)) I didnít side with Darth Jadus because I didnít know if it would cause the death of Watcher 2. I was looking on the Internet to see if anyone did side with Darth Jadus and how it affects the story, but it looks like most go Light with IA. It must be frustrating going Light with Kaliyo.

MWidowmaker
02.12.2012 , 01:11 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by JusticeArts View Post
It must be frustrating going Light with Kaliyo.

it isnt actually, Kaliyo and my agent are like BFF, even though i do a lot of light side options (i am not totally light side btw, i do pick dark side if it seems right)

Mungadai
02.12.2012 , 01:36 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
Lightside as IA just means that you work for the good of the Empire and not for the Sith or yourself.

Going Darkside means u want self-gain and/or work for the Sith.
This is the same reasoning i had when i went lightside with my IA.
Crais
Operative Medic
<Ctrl-Alt-Elite>
Corellian Run Server

Mamae
02.12.2012 , 04:42 PM | #75
Going full lightside, at lvl 36 I have about 9500 lightside points.
A man said to the universe: "Sir I exist!"
"However" replied the universe, "The fact has not created in me a sense of obligation"
STEPHEN CRANE

powatwooopa
11.10.2012 , 10:34 AM | #76
sigh u idiots i swear light side is for the republic dark is for the imperials

chuixupu
11.10.2012 , 01:29 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by powatwooopa View Post
sigh u idiots i swear light side is for the republic dark is for the imperials
derpy post is derpy
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

CNS_Sarajevo
11.10.2012 , 10:21 PM | #78
My agent started out 50/50 light and dark, then veered to mostly light by the end of the game. If someone really p*sses him off or has it coming, he has no problem giving them what they deserve, but otherwise he isn't cruel. It's a really good way to play the agent. You get to be a basically good guy, but when the light side choices get sappy, you pick something else.

Kaliyo and I got along really well at the start, but by the end she didn't know what had gotten into me .

Grayseven
11.10.2012 , 11:54 PM | #79
All Light side responses except for one that would have killed affection points for SCORPIO. Keeping Kaliyo happy with the LS responses was impossible, so I simply bought her affection and lived with the negatives.

Being a good guy fighting an uphill battle in a world filled with DS Sith makes for an interesting story line but it was definitely easier to keep Kaliyo happy as a DS IA.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

chuixupu
11.11.2012 , 03:04 PM | #80
Honestly never had any issues keeping Kaliyo happy as LS. There are a surprising number of times when she likes a LS choice. It's more about the reason for your decision, who you're trying to please. Sometimes when you're given different LS options, there's one she'll like and one she won't like. She likes it when you think independently and don't lick the Empire's boots. She doesn't like it if you're nice for the sake of being nice, you have to spin it in a way that benefits you.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant