Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar as a Playable Species

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cathar as a Playable Species

Aries_cz
10.25.2012 , 02:35 AM | #221
In my opinion, the reason why there are no playable rodians, selkath etc, is simple, no one has ever heard them speak Basic (as far as I know), just in their version of "alien-speak", which is just ranomd string of text mixed together.
Making them speak with class voice overs would be perhaps more jarring to players than their absence as playable species.
And making them speak with their own "alien-speak" would be enormous waste of the voice-overs, not to mention that one could hardly get "in character" with that, because SW universe does not have properly constructed alien languages, like Klingons in Star Trek (Mando'a does not have full grammar, as far as I know).

LuggerTheHyena
11.08.2012 , 04:27 AM | #222
I think I get why the hatred for cathars. A lot of people are too scared of being accused of playing cartoon characters. Well, if I'm wrong, why people always name cathars thundercats and claim they "don't belong"?

Forgon
11.08.2012 , 05:14 AM | #223
Rodians spoke basic, I believe, twice in the EU (although they had an impediment) and now with TCW, we have Rodians that speak basic perfectly except for a slight hiss in their voice.

We even had an episode with Greedo kissing a Twi'lek.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Djamilo
11.08.2012 , 03:11 PM | #224
i would like to see the reptilian race of ssi-ruu with complete new model for them and not the human model

obi_bendyouova
11.08.2012 , 06:11 PM | #225
i want a wookie sith lord!!!!! Darth Furry!!
I wonder if the Indiana Jones movies were Han Solos dreams while he was frozen in carbonite?

KimbriOnasi
11.09.2012 , 02:36 PM | #226
Personally I can't wait for the Cathar to be playable. I have two slots waiting for them--one as a Jedi and one as a Sith Sorc.

happysister
11.10.2012 , 12:41 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by KimbriOnasi View Post
Personally I can't wait for the Cathar to be playable. I have two slots waiting for them--one as a Jedi and one as a Sith Sorc.
i have 2 slots waiting for them too. one's gonna be a marauder (the one class i don't have yet), the other will be a fat, cuddly scoundrel.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

Shukan
11.11.2012 , 12:43 PM | #228
I just wish they would roll out the Cathar as they promised this past Summer. What gets me that they promise this for this year and it still has NOT happened. No wonder BW is losing subscribers hand over foot.

LostInReverie
11.11.2012 , 01:44 PM | #229
I hope Cathar come soon. I really want to play a female Cathar, not sure what class though. I think Jedi Knight would be interesting.
THE CALLISTO LEGACY (JC)
THE SOLARIS LEGACY (EH)
55s - Melusine
55s- Ilaria / Drusīlla

omega-alpha
11.12.2012 , 11:20 AM | #230
What if the Cathar are going to be a buyable playable race class. That you can only get through the Cartel Store with cartel coins.

Also what if that could be a trend. For those who have the coins to spear. But don't what to spend 1.5 mil in game credit to unlock future playable races or who have yet to create a LVL 50 Legacy character yet.

Could this be a good idea or a very bad idea for Bioware to try with a few popular playable character races ???