Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should the Sith return in the sequel trilogy?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Should the Sith return in the sequel trilogy?

Aitix
11.11.2012 , 10:28 AM | #1
Or should there be another faction that's a threat to the galaxy? Perhaps a faction that wants to get rid of all Force-users, including the Jedi? Would involving the Sith in the storyline and having them as a threat be redundant? I'd say so. We already have too much Jedi vs. Sith ******** as it is. Frankly, I'd like to see something more creative. If you look at the Thrawn trilogy, it didn't need the Sith in it. Thrawn proved a much more interesting villain and he didn't have any Force powers.

I hope the writers consider coming up with a new threat to the galaxy rather than rehashing the Jedi vs. Sith storyline.

Rayla_Felana
11.11.2012 , 10:36 AM | #2
If the current Post-RotJ is any indication, any and all reincarnations of the Sith will only be broken fragmented shadows of the real Sith line that ended with Reborn Palpatine, not for a very long time will we see Sith even a percentage the strength of the Banite line.

Oh and for anyone who says 'Caedus' he was the last hope for the Order of the Sith Lords as a proper force, unfortunately for the Sith, Lumiya and Vergere didn't remove his love for his family, much the same failure as suffered by Sidious, as Sidious was 'killed' by a redeemed Anakin, Caedus was figuratively killed by Jacen's love for his own family.

The Sith are basically finished, a few organizations will pop up here and there, but nothing of true significance and sustainability.

Will this change for the Sequels? I am going to guess not, especially if Lucas has anything to say about it.

Wolfninjajedi
11.11.2012 , 10:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
If the current Post-RotJ is any indication, any and all reincarnations of the Sith will only be broken fragmented shadows of the real Sith line that ended with Reborn Palpatine, not for a very long time will we see Sith even a percentage the strength of the Banite line.

Oh and for anyone who says 'Caedus' he was the last hope for the Order of the Sith Lords as a proper force, unfortunately for the Sith, Lumiya and Vergere didn't remove his love for his family, much the same failure as suffered by Sidious, as Sidious was 'killed' by a redeemed Anakin, Caedus was figuratively killed by Jacen's love for his own family.

The Sith are basically finished, a few organizations will pop up here and there, but nothing of true significance and sustainability.

Will this change for the Sequels? I am going to guess not, especially if Lucas has anything to say about it.
Probably, especially since he stated thats when the Sith line ended at the death of Palps. I could however see a sort of fake "sith" cult or something of the sort.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kaisernick
11.11.2012 , 10:50 AM | #4

has someone not seen the legacy comics?

Rayla_Felana
11.11.2012 , 10:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
has someone not seen the legacy comics?
(Spoilers)Krayt and his lackeys are pretty pathetic excuses for Sith IMO, they couldn't figure out they killed a double of the Emperor, then couldn't find him properly, then they couldn't properly secure Cade Skywalker to save Krayt himself, then Wyyrlok killed Krayt and when he came back he'd basically lost all sanity, then he died AGAIN and now they have hid themselves in the shadows waiting for Nihl who is a sad excuse for a Dark Lord of the Sith.

It was just another empire that crumbled because of incompetency and power plays, sorry but they are one of the least successful Sith organizations ever IMO.

Wolfninjajedi
11.11.2012 , 11:11 AM | #6
(Spoilers)Krayt and his lackeys are pretty pathetic excuses for Sith IMO, they couldn't figure out they killed a double of the Emperor, then couldn't find him properly, then they couldn't properly secure Cade Skywalker to save Krayt himself, then Wyyrlok killed Krayt and when he came back he'd basically lost all sanity, then he died AGAIN and now they have hid themselves in the shadows waiting for Nihl who is a sad excuse for a Dark Lord of the Sith.

It was just another empire that crumbled because of incompetency and power plays, sorry but they are one of the least successful Sith organizations ever IMO.
Don't forget that Krayt wasn't even acknowledged as a sith lord, by the other sith lords.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rayla_Felana
11.11.2012 , 11:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Don't forget that Krayt wasn't even acknowledged as a sith lord, by the other sith lords.
Precisely, Krayt and his 'One Sith' were nothing more than pretenders, all the 'Sith' after Sidious but Caedus were.

Aitix
11.11.2012 , 11:42 AM | #8
Precisely, Krayt and his 'One Sith' were nothing more than pretenders, all the 'Sith' after Sidious but Caedus were.
Well, let's not forget that even Caedus could be retconned into oblivion by the upcoming trilogy and for that matter, Darth Krayt and his 'One Sith.'

SNCommand
11.11.2012 , 11:57 AM | #9
I'm guessing I'm not the only one who found Krayt's one SIth absolutely pants on head retarded, I mean seriously, they all looked stupid as hell, one guy with tattoos can look cool, but having a few dozen of them with the same bullcrap was just stupid, Darth Krayt as as well looked like a figure from some lame rock cover instead of a menacing sith lord

In fact the whole legacy series suffered from that kind of stupid aesthetics, everything was trying so hard to be edgy and dark, but ended up as Star Wars reimagined by a uncreative teenager
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

lokdron
11.11.2012 , 02:35 PM | #10
I have a feeling the sith will be in the new trilogy or some form of dark force. I am more leaning on the sith the reason why because there will be a lot of new people watching the new trilogy and I guarantee you if there are no dark side force users or sith in some from people will be upset. If the story is good without them I would not really care but I personally would want them in the new movies. I am a sith fanboy after all eh this is just my opinion.

On the one sith yeah if you have old sith lords telling you that your sith order sucks you have some problems. I personally don't like them but if one of the original dark jedi acknowledges (Xoxann) you and trains you in the ways of the sith I would call them a sith personally even if their order sucks.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!