Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10k heal ( trying to get one)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
10k heal ( trying to get one)

haksilence
11.04.2012 , 05:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
are you absolutely positive? i've tested this (although not extensively), and determined that they don't.
update: i was wrong. this used to be the case, but is not true anymore. must have changed somewhere along the line. was positive about this earlier in the game.

KeyboardNinja
11.07.2012 , 12:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
update: i was wrong. this used to be the case, but is not true anymore. must have changed somewhere along the line. was positive about this earlier in the game.
Same-type buffs used to stack. This was changed in 1.3 for a variety of reasons, but mostly because it trivialized 16 man content. A raid group stacking just 4 mercenaries/commandos could guarantee the boss had 0% armor at all times. A raid group stacking 5 snipers/gunslingers could negate 100% of incoming damage over the entire group for a moderate duration. A group stacking 4 marauders/sentinels (which everyone seems to be doing anyway) could have an on-demand 60% damage buff for the entire raid on a 5 minute cooldown. Need I go on?

Honestly, I'm very glad bioware fixed this. I'm sure it makes balancing content a lot easier, now that certain mechanics cannot be trivialized via composition. The new rule of thumb is that the higher of a same-type buff is going to trump the lower. For example, juggernauts/guardians can (and often do) stack armor debuffs on the boss up to 20%. However, a single mercenary/commando in arsenal/gunnery spec will stack a 25% armor debuff on that same boss. The 25% debuff wins. Similarly, an assassin/shadow tank will apply a 5% accuracy debuff to the boss with essentially 100% uptime. A powertech/vanguard tank can apply a 20% accuracy debuff to the boss with only 30% uptime. This effectively means that the boss will have a (time adjusted) accuracy debuff of 9.5%, since 18 out of every 60 seconds will be spent with a 20% debuff, while the remainder is at 5%. The same rule applies to Kolto Residue. Only one of the stacks on the target will be counted toward healing received.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Streaming Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

OMGitsCHARLIE
11.07.2012 , 06:28 PM | #23
Yay! Had to use a triage adrenal and Inspiration but I did it!

Gear is full 61. No 63's yet as this is an alt/
yummies - cleavette - moo'shu - i'm'faddycakes

Gyronamics
11.11.2012 , 08:50 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
For example, juggernauts/guardians can (and often do) stack armor debuffs on the boss up to 20%. However, a single mercenary/commando in arsenal/gunnery spec will stack a 25% armor debuff on that same boss.
No it doesn't.

All the armour debuffs are 20% max

Merc = 20%
Jugg = 20%
Sniper = 20%

Merc is 4% per stack and can be stacked 5 times which takes 3 tracers (2 stacks each) to apply.