Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

Crawelc
11.10.2012 , 04:17 PM | #21
the have what 4? 2 of which can only be used from steath and one of those is out of combat only. I really dont see the problem unless you waste your cc break on the first cc.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

tacito
11.10.2012 , 04:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleCharged View Post
I have more issues with op/scoudrels, their burst DPS might not be as fast as assassins, but the number of stuns/crowd control skills they have is just insane. They have enough stuns to prevent me from gettting away pretty much every time.
Okay, this insane number of stuns that stops you from getting away is... two. One of which lasts 1.5 seconds, the other one a whole 4 seconds. also, you're at full resolve after this and immune to CC. Just saying.

Now, concealment ops are just annihilating snipers, I'll give you that. But if you get killed by operatives while on your powertech, you are probably seriously outgeared.

Asunasan
11.10.2012 , 04:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
the have what 4? 2 of which can only be used from steath and one of those is out of combat only. I really dont see the problem unless you waste your cc break on the first cc.
Sleep Dart (OOF 8 second mez)
Flash Bang (8 second AOE mez 1min cd)
Dirty Kick (4 second stun 30 sec cd speced)
Shoot first (1.5 second stun talented tied to stealth opener)

CC is all an op/scoundrel has after their initial burst since once again their sustained damage is so bad. If anything they still need a buff. It sounds like you're trying to run away after they half kill you in stunlock. Don't. You're giving them time to get the sort of bursty part of their rotation of cd. Just get up from the stun and hit them back, the fight really is balanced around you haveing 50% life while they have 100%, you'll still win as often as not unless they outplay you.

TipsyDrow
11.10.2012 , 04:30 PM | #24
Their DPS is more than sufficient to fight with any class I have played in PVP. Assassins now can take me out in 3 hits, and operatives DPS has always been high enough to kill me faster than I can kill them.
Are you serious? Concealment ops do nothing but tickle me on my vanguard tank. What lvl is our tank? How is your tank geared? What build is your tank? Same questions apply to your sage. Mine is a hybrid seer/tele. I pop the self heal immediatly after they KD me, which btw they way they are blinded at that point. I reapply bubble, slow the op, KB the op,mind crush the op. proceed to toss rocks at it untill it vanishes again. if it hits me again it's just blinded again, rinse and repeat. Sounds like you just need to adjust your tactics, do not run away from them. Running is death for certain. Both an assassin and an OP can and will catch you.
Brin'shšk-Shadow BrŽanne-Guardian
Liellanna-CommandoSynafaee-Sage

Aeringunnr-PowertechIxzaluah-Sorceress

Crawelc
11.10.2012 , 04:33 PM | #25
We have some really good and geared op/smug dps on POT5. I really find the fights with them some of the most enjoyable 1v1s I ever get in wzs. Starting off with 1/2 to 3/4 health is part of the package if you are going to try to 1v1 them. Fortunately I get to play with one of the better ones on a regular basis and have picked up the strengths/weaknesses of the class as a result.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

chimex
11.10.2012 , 04:45 PM | #26
I hate when people point that skill out, it has its uses, but it does not seem to work. If I see someone stealth, I put the scan were they should be, and they are not there. And the cooldown on it is 20 seconds while it only lasts for 10 seconds, making an easy window for any intelligent stealther to come in and slaughter me.
When you're waiting for a cooldown on any kind of scanning mechanism your class may have, use an AOE (damage brings them out of stealth). If you're still not picking something up, you're simply checking the wrong spot.

As others have said, stealth is pretty much all these classes have. If you catch them out of stealth, theyre pretty much screwed.

ps: I'm a DPS sorc and DPS merc (not rolled into one...however.......lol)
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Technohic
11.10.2012 , 04:48 PM | #27
Push em off you.
Stun
Root
Cure
Pop defensive CDs
Heal
Any combination of the above1

Oh.. and back into a wall. Some of them are so frantically running around, it is like you stun them in real life when you do that.

mandoforlife
11.10.2012 , 05:02 PM | #28
Alright, I'm going to start off by saying that the stealth ac's in this game are not overpowered. I'm sure you won't take me seriously as you can see in my signature I have both of those classes, but you will also notice that I have a mercenary. He is my main, and I've had him since early access. At the start of the game, stealth classes absolutely destroyed me in pvp, but one of the problems was that I was clicking. I've since moved on from that, and I now have everything keybound. And if you don't have your moves keybound, that's your first disadvantage.
You had mentioned that you didn't want to play a stealth class because you hate them. Well I can tell you now, at least leveling one is going to help you tremendously. If you can learn their play style, identify their abilities and their spec, you WILL do better against them.
The last recommendation I can give you is stealth scan. At first, I hardly used this ability, I never even bothered to bind it. But after watching some youtube videos of mercs/pt using it effectively, I've learned that it is absolutely deadly against stealth classes when used effectively. The best way to get good with it is to keybind it to a key you can hit very quickly, and then abuse your power. I have it bound to one of the extra buttons I'm fortunate to have on my mouse, and as soon as the stealther pops his vanish or walks to close that I can see him, I throw it down immediately. And I can tell you from experience of playing my sin and op, you have a bug advantage if you can get them out of stealth before they open on you or try to get away. Also, dot 'em up.
Anyways, I feel like I've been going on and on, and I'm on my phone so typing this is a pain, but I hope I've been able to help.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

FourTwent
11.10.2012 , 06:19 PM | #29
I am look at this from a standpoint of balance, and they are simply not balanced. Also, bring valid arguments to the discussion.
but you're not. you're crying because you can't 1v1 a stealther because your nerves get wrecked and you can't react quick enough

guess what, this game is not balanced around 1v1s

Pyrinoos
11.10.2012 , 06:39 PM | #30
Their DPS is more than sufficient to fight with any class I have played in PVP. Assassins now can take me out in 3 hits, and operatives DPS has always been high enough to kill me faster than I can kill them.
Umm, with all the qqing almost missed this. You are not getting killed in 3 globals while wearing pvp gear. I know I have done it to pve heros, nearly two shotted a dude a couple weeks ago, but never, never to people with appropriate gear. Absolute best case with all cooldowns ready to go and the luck of two crits, is 5 globals on a toon with 1000exp and around 20k HP. And that's assuming no healing, external or internal, and no medpacs or adrenals or defensive cooldowns are used. ( this is for a dps specced Assasin btw, tanksins despite the nerf crowds qq take far longer)
<Silent Council> Lamech - Assassin | A'chan - Mercenary
<Berserk> Zillah - PT | KorŠh - Sniper
<Project Mayhem> LamÍch - Mara | Sethur - Op | Amalek - Jugg
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk