Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

Asunasan's Avatar


Asunasan
11.10.2012 , 03:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleCharged View Post
Their DPS is more than sufficient to fight with any class I have played in PVP. Assassins now can take me out in 3 hits, and operatives DPS has always been high enough to kill me faster than I can kill them.
Stealth dps is actually supposed to be the hard counter to snipers so that's often going to be a losing fight. As a sorc always have your bubble up even if no one is around. Stealthies could debateably be put in the soft counter category for dps sorcs, though if you have the stun bubble you can **** sealthers. As a PT Tank, your job is really to hold the off node long enough to get help more than it is to win the 1v1. You have the tools to stall for plenty long enough for your team to help if they are going to. As a side note Tank PTs are probably the least useful of the tank ACs at a competative level, you might want to respec pyro before gearing too far.

HoboWithAStick's Avatar


HoboWithAStick
11.10.2012 , 03:32 PM | #12
Stealth classes are fine, hell ops could even use a buff (god knows that last time one killed me 1v1)

Chances if you are getting destroyed by them you are not using all your tools correctly.
I'd say the best way to counter one is to go play one, before you make claims they are over powered and could even stand to do the same damage without the stealth you go play one and do same or more damage then a smash jug or powertech. They aren't even in the same boat for dps and mind you they may do very well 1v1 they cannot stand their own in a crowd.

Jenzali's Avatar


Jenzali
11.10.2012 , 03:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleCharged View Post
I hate when people point that skill out, it has its uses, but it does not seem to work. If I see someone stealth, I put the scan were they should be, and they are not there. And the cooldown on it is 20 seconds while it only lasts for 10 seconds, making an easy window for any intelligent stealther to come in and slaughter me.
This is how most of my stealth kills go(assuming i am defending a point)
Stealth Stun, boom 15% health gone, boom 15% health gone, add a stun, (CC break this one)boom 15% of health,now I can move, I am probably slowed, gone, boom 15% of health gone, I stun them, they break it, I dont have any more stuns, they hit me again and I am dead.
OR
Stealth stun, break that, stun again, boom 15% health gone, boom 15% health gone, i can move, i stun them, the break it, out of stuns, start attacking them, get them down like 10% then I am dead.

And for my Sage/Gunslinger. It just happens faster, even If i can stun them or slow them, they get out of it soon enough to prevent me from moving, and kill me from there.
A textbook example of a PvPer with a defeatist attitude who will never improve. Receives valid advice, discards it without reason. Writes up angry forum post - but nowhere in this post are any questions on how to deal with their problem in question or how to play better. Everything is out of their control - they are the victim. Clearly they are playing their class to its fullest extent, because they have no need to ask questions. If they lose a battle, it's a fault of the game, not themselves.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

TripleCharged's Avatar


TripleCharged
11.10.2012 , 03:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
A textbook example of a PvPer with a defeatist attitude who will never improve. Receives valid advice, discards it without reason. Writes up angry forum post - but nowhere in this post are any questions on how to deal with their problem in question or how to play better. Everything is out of their control - they are the victim. Clearly they are playing their class to its fullest extent, because they have no need to ask questions. If they lose a battle, it's a fault of the game, not themselves.
Thank you for agreeing with me.
(Sacrasm^)
I Do use stealth scan whenever possible but it does not help, you can find that in the post I had. And I do not have any questions on how to deal with them because I do know how to play my class, I Can get away, but operatives have more tools to defeat me then I have tools to defend against them. You are making assumptions that I am just a poor player but you have never watched me play, If you would like I can record some of my matches and show you how Operatives and Assassins are broken.

Omble's Avatar


Omble
11.10.2012 , 03:51 PM | #15
Here's the thing about stealthies and melee in general, the best ones aren't using keyboard turning at all and have all their moves or at least their best moves keybound. They're very good at getting behind you and running through you and basically never stop running.
If a stealthy is doing this and running circles aren't you and you aren't able to do the exact same thing, they're going to be a very difficult opponent. Keyboard movement is slow, super slow, and they are fast. really fast.
It pains me to say it, since they are incredibly difficult to beat on my sorc dps because I'm not that great with keybinds and I use the mouse to click most of my moves.
Another reason they can be so difficult is the fact that they can wait out til their cooldowns are done before engaging, all the while being right beside you

All in all, I think their burst is a bit too high and I don't think any class should be able to drop combat into stealth indefinitely. Drop their burst a bit, raise their sustained dps and get rid of their combat drop. Sneaking is cool and it's their thing but no more dropping combat to heal when someone is out playing you when you probably already got the drop on them.

TripleCharged's Avatar


TripleCharged
11.10.2012 , 03:57 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Omble View Post
Here's the thing about stealthies and melee in general, the best ones aren't using keyboard turning at all and have all their moves or at least their best moves keybound. They're very good at getting behind you and running through you and basically never stop running.
If a stealthy is doing this and running circles aren't you and you aren't able to do the exact same thing, they're going to be a very difficult opponent. Keyboard movement is slow, super slow, and they are fast. really fast.
It pains me to say it, since they are incredibly difficult to beat on my sorc dps because I'm not that great with keybinds and I use the mouse to click most of my moves.
Another reason they can be so difficult is the fact that they can wait out til their cooldowns are done before engaging, all the while being right beside you

All in all, I think their burst is a bit too high and I don't think any class should be able to drop combat into stealth indefinitely. Drop their burst a bit, raise their sustained dps and get rid of their combat drop. Sneaking is cool and it's their thing but no more dropping combat to heal when someone is out playing you when you probably already got the drop on them.
Exactly, I have a razer Naga Epic and have pretty much every one of the abilities I use keybound, I can react fast and move around them fast but I can still usually not get away. And I agree where you say their burst should be dropped. I have had assassins knock me down, use 3 hits to kill me before I stand up. There is literally NO Defense against that.

Crawelc's Avatar


Crawelc
11.10.2012 , 04:03 PM | #17
Obviously no one here is talking about op/scoundrels. However I saw a SS the other day of a Sin doing 700k damage and 500k protection in a full VS, those two numbers SHOULD be mutually exclusive of eachother period. That my friends is the only truely unbalanced class in pvp right now.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

TripleCharged's Avatar


TripleCharged
11.10.2012 , 04:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Obviously no one here is talking about op/scoundrels. However I saw a SS the other day of a Sin doing 700k damage and 500k protection in a full VS, those two numbers SHOULD be mutually exclusive of eachother period. That my friends is the only truely unbalanced class in pvp right now.
I have more issues with op/scoudrels, their burst DPS might not be as fast as assassins, but the number of stuns/crowd control skills they have is just insane. They have enough stuns to prevent me from gettting away pretty much every time.

Asunasan's Avatar


Asunasan
11.10.2012 , 04:11 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleCharged View Post
I have more issues with op/scoudrels, their burst DPS might not be as fast as assassins, but the number of stuns/crowd control skills they have is just insane. They have enough stuns to prevent me from gettting away pretty much every time.
Ah, so there is a good operative on your server. If it makes you feel better if he/she played any class besides op dps sorc dps or merc dps he/she would be an unstopable wreckingball in every WZ. As an op though he or she just force your team to double guard the off-node and then do meh dmg at mid.

TripleCharged's Avatar


TripleCharged
11.10.2012 , 04:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
Ah, so there is a good operative on your server. If it makes you feel better if he/she played any class besides op dps sorc dps or merc dps he/she would be an unstopable wreckingball in every WZ. As an op though he or she just force your team to double guard the off-node and then do meh dmg at mid.
It is not one operative, it is many of them. Obviously there are the bad players who do not know when to use what CC's but even some of the relatively bad ones can keep me pinned because of how many different controls they have.