Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

TripleCharged
11.10.2012 , 02:53 PM | #1
Am I the only one that feels this way? Every time I pvp, whether it be on my Gunslinger(50/50 WH/BM), or my SageDPS(not yet level 50). Stealth classes slaughter me and many other people I see. The is no good, reliable way to counter a stealth class. They can run away from a losing fight with a single button click. They can pop out of stealth and take your health down(or kill you) before their stuns are finished to the point where you are unable to combat them anymore. Even if these classes did not have stealth they would be able to stand their own in a PVP match cause they are strong enough without it, but when you add stealth to the equation they become nearly unstoppable in 1v1 fights. Many of my deaths come from some stealther sitting around waiting for me to walk by them, or singling me out as I am on my way to battle, or as I am defending a turret they come up and stealth kill me, giving me the choice of calling out to my teammates and dieing, or trying to fight them and usually lose.
I removed my vanguard because I was a bad player in poor gear when I played on him in PVP, I no longer gear him for pvp.

TyrellJonez
11.10.2012 , 02:57 PM | #2
Ok first off, i'm not insulting you, but asking u questions.

Did you ever bother to consider your an easier kill? I play on my assassin alot, and i see some of the same regular names. I know who to go for first because they don't react to what i'm doing and i can just mop the floor with them. You may just be a easy target.

Do you do a ton of damage/healing when your left alone? If you are the pillar of a team, you will me focused more. It comes with the job.

Stealth classes are fine IMO. Maybe you should roll and operative and assassin to understand what they are doing to you so you can counter it accordingly. To understand ones enemy and ones self will win you many more battles than just understanding youself. (para-phrased from sun-tzu)
If they don't wanna see the hood in me, be satisfied when you see the good in me

TripleCharged
11.10.2012 , 03:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrellJonez View Post
Ok first off, i'm not insulting you, but asking u questions.

Did you ever bother to consider your an easier kill? I play on my assassin alot, and i see some of the same regular names. I know who to go for first because they don't react to what i'm doing and i can just mop the floor with them. You may just be a easy target.

Do you do a ton of damage/healing when your left alone? If you are the pillar of a team, you will me focused more. It comes with the job.

Stealth classes are fine IMO. Maybe you should roll and operative and assassin to understand what they are doing to you so you can counter it accordingly. To understand ones enemy and ones self will win you many more battles than just understanding youself. (para-phrased from sun-tzu)
I am not an easy kill, i dont just simply stand there and attempt to DPS the target I was on before, I switch into, GET THE **** AWAY FROM THE *********** STEALTH CLASS mode. I usually have most of my cooldowns up to get away, and I can sometimes. But usually my health is below 50% while they are still at 100 by the time I am able to respond after the stuns break. Like I said, there is no good reliable counter to any stealth class that stuns you while they are stealthed. Even on my tank, by the time I stand up my health is too low to respond properly to the threat. And I am not going to create a stealth class because it is something I despise in every game I play. Whether it be Halo, TF2, SWTOR or any other game with a stealther in it, I hate them. I can only think of one reliable way to nerf stealth classes, Make it so while they are stealthed, their cooldowns to not come back, because all they have to do is stealth and sit in a corner, then pick out a single target, kill them and repeat. It does nothing to help the objective.

Jenzali
11.10.2012 , 03:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleCharged View Post
Am I the only one that feels this way? Every time I pvp, whether it be on my VanguardTank
http://www.torhead.com/ability/h52Vq...nsive-measures

Stealth scan. Use and abuse it. It's one of the most powerful abilities in the game once you practice using it. The fact that you are a Vanguard Tank makes it so much more powerful since yours roots the targets it reveals.

In your case, I'd recommend rolling a stealth class to see how they work. Take note of common hiding places you use, common routes you use to flank people, and common turret-guarding spots. Understand your enemy first before you complain You'll see that (most) stealth classes, hybrid tankassins excluded of course, are much weaker in a straight up fight and rely on their sneakiness and burst damage to kill anyone.

For starters, the easiest way to start your Stealth Scanning adventures is to simply drop it on your stealth-capable enemy once their health becomes low and you think they are about to vanish. Once you've practiced sufficiently with this and understand the stealth classes better, you can have the hotkey at your fingertips and wait until they actually do vanish, and then stealth scan immediately thus rooting them in place.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Belly
11.10.2012 , 03:09 PM | #5
Like was said before, stealth scan is really a pain to deal with on my shadow, and even worse on my operative, as they have to be cloaked to use hidden strike.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

TripleCharged
11.10.2012 , 03:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
http://www.torhead.com/ability/h52Vq...nsive-measures

Stealth scan. Use and abuse it. It's one of the most powerful abilities in the game once you practice using it. The fact that you are a Vanguard Tank makes it so much more powerful since yours roots the targets it reveals.

In your case, I'd recommend rolling a stealth class to see how they work. Take note of common hiding places you use, common routes you use to flank people, and common turret-guarding spots. Understand your enemy first before you complain You'll see that (most) stealth classes, hybrid tankassins excluded of course, are much weaker in a straight up fight and rely on their sneakiness and burst damage to kill anyone.

For starters, the easiest way to start your Stealth Scanning adventures is to simply drop it on your stealth-capable enemy once their health becomes low and you think they are about to vanish. Once you've practiced sufficiently with this and understand the stealth classes better, you can have the hotkey at your fingertips and wait until they actually do vanish, and then stealth scan immediately thus rooting them in place.
I hate when people point that skill out, it has its uses, but it does not seem to work. If I see someone stealth, I put the scan were they should be, and they are not there. And the cooldown on it is 20 seconds while it only lasts for 10 seconds, making an easy window for any intelligent stealther to come in and slaughter me.
This is how most of my stealth kills go(assuming i am defending a point)
Stealth Stun, boom 15% health gone, boom 15% health gone, add a stun, (CC break this one)boom 15% of health,now I can move, I am probably slowed, gone, boom 15% of health gone, I stun them, they break it, I dont have any more stuns, they hit me again and I am dead.
OR
Stealth stun, break that, stun again, boom 15% health gone, boom 15% health gone, i can move, i stun them, the break it, out of stuns, start attacking them, get them down like 10% then I am dead.

And for my Sage/Gunslinger. It just happens faster, even If i can stun them or slow them, they get out of it soon enough to prevent me from moving, and kill me from there.

Meepbot
11.10.2012 , 03:20 PM | #7
well i dont play my VG much in PvP, and my sage is a healer, but my sniper is fine against stealth classes. If someone jumps me from stealth, I break the stealth stun, get into cover, and pop entrench (hunker down), then I use my kb, start DPSing, leg shot, continue DPSing, and theyre usually dead by the time they reach me both the stealth AC's are pretty squishy, so its easy to burn them down
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

Asunasan
11.10.2012 , 03:22 PM | #8
The 1v1 is balanced around the stealthy starting with 100% health and you having 60%-40% of your health when you get freedom of your character back. Their sustained dps is pitiful, just don't panic and you will beat them often as not in a strait dps fight from 50%.

You should really be worried about them when they DON'T hit you with the 4 second stun after the 1.5 one and start matching their cds to yours. Then yes, you will spend most of the fight not able to do much to them. It won't be over fast though and you'll have plenty of time to get a friend to the off node with you.

TripleCharged
11.10.2012 , 03:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Meepbot View Post
well i dont play my VG much in PvP, and my sage is a healer, but my sniper is fine against stealth classes. If someone jumps me from stealth, I break the stealth stun, get into cover, and pop entrench (hunker down), then I use my kb, start DPSing, leg shot, continue DPSing, and theyre usually dead by the time they reach me both the stealth AC's are pretty squishy, so its easy to burn them down
Ya hunker down is a pretty good defense against the stuns, and I have started using it more recently. But their dps is high enough that If I hunker down too close they will just DPS me faster than I can DPS them.

TripleCharged
11.10.2012 , 03:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
The 1v1 is balanced around the stealthy starting with 100% health and you having 60%-40% of your health when you get freedom of your character back. Their sustained dps is pitiful, just don't panic and you will beat them often as not in a strait dps fight from 50%.

You should really be worried about them when they DON'T hit you with the 4 second stun after the 1.5 one and start matching their cds to yours. Then yes, you will spend most of the fight not able to do much to them. It won't be over fast though and you'll have plenty of time to get a friend to the off node with you.
Their DPS is more than sufficient to fight with any class I have played in PVP. Assassins now can take me out in 3 hits, and operatives DPS has always been high enough to kill me faster than I can kill them.