Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My first ever rage quit

NoFishing
11.09.2012 , 04:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
The worst DPS I ever came across in a PUG was a guardian. I inspected him and found out that he was wearing smuggler pants and boots, sage implants, shadow tank earpiece and so on. I think he just ran a bunch of FPs, needed on everything purple then put it on. lol I don't think it's possible to get any more noob than that.
Wow, that's uhm.....just....WOW!

Taleek
11.09.2012 , 05:03 PM | #22
Impressed you stuck it out as long as you did. Probably my most ridiculous experiences with a PuG was in one of the heroics on Hoth, the one where you have to kill a bunch of Mandalorians and Wampas in order to get a PoW for the Republic. Me and my friend were paired as heals and tank as usual, and this Guardian joined and he was using one of the DPS stances and was saying he was a tank. We tried to get him to switch to Soresu but he was like I KILL FAST I AM BEST TANK and so I had to compete with a DPS specced tank taunting off me all the time, I believe his gear was also subpar.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Kanjir
11.09.2012 , 07:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
I do not PUG ops often, but the biggest problems I've had with them are the extremely undergeared tanks who don't know how to tank. Second are subpar DPS'.

The worst DPS I ever came across in a PUG was a guardian. I inspected him and found out that he was wearing smuggler pants and boots, sage implants, shadow tank earpiece and so on. I think he just ran a bunch of FPs, needed on everything purple then put it on. lol I don't think it's possible to get any more noob than that.
Wow, that's incredible. I don't think I can top that one, lol.

@OP: I don't use GF for ops and rarely for FP's now. I don't need to suffer the stupidity for 5 BH comms. I've had a similar experience with a HM KP, though. I was trying to tell the tank how to tank Bonethrasher since he had no clue and then preceded to ignore me and wipe the group, repeatedly. I left, saying I was going to go do something else when he had the attitude to whisper me blaming me for being a "bad dps and wiping us then leaving". I guess it was my fault for joining their group, though. I soon learnt the whole server knew he was a noob.

Ms_Sunlight
11.10.2012 , 05:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanjir View Post
Wow, that's incredible. I don't think I can top that one, lol.

@OP: I don't use GF for ops and rarely for FP's now. I don't need to suffer the stupidity for 5 BH comms. I've had a similar experience with a HM KP, though. I was trying to tell the tank how to tank Bonethrasher since he had no clue and then preceded to ignore me and wipe the group, repeatedly. I left, saying I was going to go do something else when he had the attitude to whisper me blaming me for being a "bad dps and wiping us then leaving". I guess it was my fault for joining their group, though. I soon learnt the whole server knew he was a noob.
Am I missing something? You don't tank Bonethrasher. He's untankable.

The only time I rage-quit a flashpoint was Collicoid War Games story mode. I was on my operative healing. There was also a sniper in the group. Some agent gloves dropped, which I needed on, as did the sniper. The guy then proceeded to harangue me in chat telling me I shouldn't have needed because they had accuracy on them and I was a healer. (Never mind that it's levelling gear so I might have wanted them for solo levelling, and both of us would have outgrown them in 2 levels anyway.)

After that he just wouldn't shut up in group chat, insulting me, calling me a ninja. I told him to shut up. The tank said, let's just get on with the flashpoint. This went on all the way to just before the final boss fight. I had enough so I instigated a vote to kick. The tank said he was taking a break and the rest of us should sort it between ourselves. I'd had enough; before the vote even finished I just left.

Want to know the funny part? He actually won the bloody roll!

I'm normally pretty mature and sensible and polite, but we all have our breaking point. 15 minutes solid of being insulted in chat was mine
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

theUndead
11.10.2012 , 09:29 AM | #25
This story made me laugh I to have been there.

But in my case I qued for a random HM and got False Emperor naturally I thought it would be quick to my dismay it was not. See our "tank" did not believe in cc's so he just aoe taunted almost all the mobs. Thank goodness our healer was over geared to keep him alive. When we got to the first boss I asked him for guard because I was the most geared DPS yet he said no apparently he can't generate enough threat with it on. Needless to say I stole threat off him multiple times and he died so I had to basically kite the boss and attack at the same time. Then after several minutes the healer picks up threat and dies and I had to pop every defensive cooldowns I had and just as I was about to die downed the boss. After this the tank yells at me for hitting too hard at the healer for not keeping him alive. So I actually blasted this guy and we kicked him after some rather nasty messages in chat. So yeah I sympathize with the OP completely.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

FlyinSpaghetti
11.10.2012 , 11:03 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanjir View Post
I was trying to tell the tank how to tank Bonethrasher
You sir are the example of why people tend to rage quit halfway through an op...

Seriously why are you participating a hard mode operation when you haven't even done the story mode to figure out the basic mechanics?? As someone said above bonethrasher is untauntable and that mechanic is in any mode, also he is by far the easiest boss encounter in the op and the HM fight isn't much different to the SM mode.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

NoFishing
11.10.2012 , 12:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ms_Sunlight View Post
Am I missing something? You don't tank Bonethrasher. He's untankable.
I'm guessing he might have meant Foreman Crusher...at least I frequently get their names mixed up, which is why I just refer to Bonethrasher as the first boss.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ms_Sunlight View Post
I'm normally pretty mature and sensible and polite, but we all have our breaking point. 15 minutes solid of being insulted in chat was mine
Hard to believe someone could be that upset over /winning/ a piece of gear!

Beltane
11.10.2012 , 01:46 PM | #28
I had to rage quit a storymode Foundry last night...

Conversation went like this:

tank: hi never been put as a tank before might need extra heals
me: do you have tank gear?
tank: i don't know
me: do you have taunts?
tank: no im not tank spec
me: you can uncheck yourself as a tank before queueing if you aren't a tank. i don't think we can do this without a tank
tank: i'm the tank
me: but you said you're not a tank
tank: let's go

*tank proceeds to not hold agro on the first trash fight and I immediately die*

tank: NEED HEALS

After I was rezzed I stuck with it all the way up til HK. On the way there the tank was lecturing me about the foundry's mechanics and telling me "not to draw agro" and "don't get one shot by HK or we're all screwed." I told him healers draw agro by default so he needs to get them off of me, which was met by "I'm not tank spec." I also told him the only way I could get oneshot on HK is if he bugs, so to make sure to kill all the adds when they spawn and stop attacking HK, since lots of people seem to agree that not killing the adds tends to sometimes cause HK to bug outside of the core (not to mention having 4 adds to deal with when he's released instead of 2).

I'm sure everyone can guess what happened. DPS and tank are all on HK all the time. They would kill one DPS while still hitting HK and ignore the other one completely. I stunned it, and it was still up when the next one spawned. I stunned it too, and the first one came off stun. So, I was being shot nonstop and having to repeatedly chainheal myself while repeatedly going "adds?? Kill the adds???" in group.

Even so, I was keeping the group up despite being DPSed the whole way through... and then, guess what! They suddenly get 4 adds spawned and HK gets stuck outside the core and oneshots a DPS. I die shortly after from the FOUR ADDS shooting me. Tank proceeds to freak out in group about how he told me not to draw agro and die since I'm the healer. Oh, and he's one of those people that repeatedly begs for heals during a fight. "HEAL ME" "DYING HELP" "HEAL PLEASE"

I just left... I was too tired and didn't want a ban over what I was thinking at the time.
--=[ The Ebon Wraiths
Ebon Hawk | Dark Side Criminal RP
IG: Olyvia

chuixupu
11.10.2012 , 02:17 PM | #29
I've been mostly lucky so far with pugs. I haven't had a really bad group yet in this game. Though now that I say that I probably will soon. Also, since we can't see other people's damage, I'm less inclined to inspect people to see if they're properly geared. So I may have had people like that but not realized it.

The thing that I found funny about the original post is that out of all the bosses, they got the Fabricator on the first try. That's *usually* the part where people get stuck.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

RikuvonDrake
11.10.2012 , 02:19 PM | #30
I did a Story Mode via Group Finder once and quit after the sevenths wipe on towers before first boss in EV, from that moment on I never do any SM OPS without at least 5-6 players that I know from guild or other places. As everyone in guild needs to run it we normally do it twice every week so everyone can get the coms on mains and main alts. Pugging Operations can work sometimes, but it normally costs more then it pays off.
Deposer of The Dread Masters - Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd