Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

MOPSFounder
11.10.2012 , 01:01 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
That's really immature. Attitudes like yours are more cancerous than the spacebar folk.

BradTheImpaler
11.10.2012 , 01:58 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I know right, who the hell wants to enjoy the story content that this game is marketed for? right guys?

Yeah! Who plays RPGs for story? It's all about the animated gore and the trinkets!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Eshmael
11.10.2012 , 03:07 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
If someone starts TELLING the group to spacebar, I'm going to suddenly confuse that with the esc key until they stop telling the group to skip story. Of course, if they ask, I got no issue with remembering where I left my spacebar.

What takes longer, watching dialogue or starting it over and over?

x
Kicking the player who wants to annoy me and clear the FP with my companion is the fastest

Ster-Ling
11.10.2012 , 04:07 AM | #244
These threads always make me sad.

Prior to launch, BoWare really thought that as the first story-driven, fully-voiced MMO, SWTOR would do to other MMOs what "talkies" did to silent film.

Boy were they ever mistaken.

As it turns out, all that time and money spent on voice acting just created another point of contention to bifurcate the community. Like hardcore vs. casual, pvp vs. carebear, now we have story vs. spacebar. How outstanding is that.

Not that I'm surprised--BW was pretty naive. I've seen it a hundred times before: potentially great ideas go horribly wrong when exposed to the toxic environment of an internet gaming community.

ladyalchemist
11.10.2012 , 04:23 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavar View Post
When I meet people who demand spacebar and cry about it, I purposely go out of my way to not spacebar.
You know this is funny. I go out of my way not to PUG, but once the person who demanded that we spacebar was our GM... I graciously gave him the opportunity to sit back and relax and enjoy the story of the flashpoint. It was the least I could do for him since he seemed so uptight that day.

Styxx
11.10.2012 , 05:10 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Ster-Ling View Post
Not that I'm surprised--BW was pretty naive. I've seen it a hundred times before: potentially great ideas go horribly wrong when exposed to the toxic environment of an internet gaming community.
I know, right?

How about, if Bioware put PvP into the game, you are under obligation to play it 24/7? They also have PvE and, so, you are obliged to play that 24/7 too. Btw, they also got holocrons... MUST get them ALL! Don`t forget to have 12 chars on ALL types of servers... all this because Bioware created the content...

Funny how many things you MUST do, isn`t it?
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

evilknick
11.10.2012 , 05:49 AM | #247
For years before this game was released I feared this would happen. I'm now finally starting to play this game and I'm expecting to hear this a lot.

I go out of my way to help other people in MMOs, but I'm not going to skip the stories in this game. It's the reason I'm playing.

chimex
11.10.2012 , 07:12 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshmael View Post
Kicking the player who wants to annoy me and clear the FP with my companion is the fastest
So instead of using manners you were taught (I hope) you would rather demand what you wanted, kicking anyone who disagrees. You know, I think a kick from you would be a badge of honour!
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Ooloi
11.10.2012 , 07:24 AM | #249
If it's a social points run, you space-bar. It's what you signed up for.

If it's a story run, or for gear, do what-cha like, but it's probably best to come to an agreement in any PuG *BEFORE* you enter the zone.

vdeity
11.10.2012 , 09:31 AM | #250
When I have people in the group telling us to spacebar, I deliberately watch the whole scene, even if it was my intention to skip.

If I am the tank, I also wait until the last second to make my dialogue choices.
What's that impatient Marauder @#$% going to do? Kick me?
Have fun going back into queue for a few hours.

I'm the tank.
I decide the pace.