Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All Hail the New Era: Goodbye NJO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
All Hail the New Era: Goodbye NJO

BradTheImpaler
11.09.2012 , 10:01 PM | #11
No more Kyle Katarn!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

steaktrooper
11.09.2012 , 10:26 PM | #12
If they kept Kyle, I would be just fine with it. Personally I don't like the NJO, there are some good ones but it was dominated by the Yuuzhan Vong trilogy, and those were just complete crap (most of them anyways)
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

Scathe
11.09.2012 , 11:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
If they kept Kyle, I would be just fine with it. Personally I don't like the NJO, there are some good ones but it was dominated by the Yuuzhan Vong trilogy, and those were just complete crap (most of them anyways)
I hate to even admit it, but the Yuuzhan Vong was more than just a trilogy, it was the whole NJO. Though I agree with someone's statement about Ben Skywalker, I don't want him retconned out of existance.
I am at Peace; for I know Emotion. I have Power; for I also have Knowledge. I have Passion; for I am Serene. I can embrace Mortality; for I know Death, I am balanced through the Force.

Lord_Karsk
11.10.2012 , 05:28 AM | #14
NJO is awesome and i can tell you all they will not change it or remove it.The story in the movies will be after
the fate of the jedi, trust me.As they have said when Luke pass on the torch to the new jedi he have trained.

evilknick
11.10.2012 , 06:07 AM | #15
I hope everything after ROTJ is disregarded.

The movies were mythical fantasy and mythology with science fiction veneer. The EU is mostly just science fiction that makes me feel like I'm watching Star Gate with Star Wars characters and outfits.

I hope the new movies are mythological sagas, with the focus on destiny and archetypal good vs evil and the exploration of the grey between those two.

I hope there are echos of the Ghosts of Mortis Clone Wars story arc as well.

Beniboybling
11.10.2012 , 07:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I don't like the possibility that they are making Ben Skywalker noncanon potentially... He was born in the NJO era.
Mmmmm... this is one good aspect of NJO. But then again, they wouldn't get rid of it completely, but maybe rework some of the good bits into the film. So Ben Skywalker could be the focus, but with a new story.

JSwanee
11.10.2012 , 07:11 AM | #17
Having read every Star Wars book I admit there were stories in the EU that were kinda weak. The problem of making the NJO non-canon is it not only affects that series but also all the books/comics that follow. Writing in the Star Wars universe is a thankless job. You can never satisfy everyone. People need to just accept it the way it is and stop trying to mold it to their own ideas. Were the Vong a bit of a stretch? Yea, but that doesnt mean the whole series (not trilogy) was garbage. As with most of the EU there are highs and lows. That Black Fleet Crisis had some strange things too. Nobody ever complained. How about Truce at Bakura? Entechment, really? Still it was a good book. Instead of complaining about what should be canon and what shouldn't just be thankfull we have a star wars universe, AND now Lucas can't go around changing the movies every other week.

Lord_Karsk
11.10.2012 , 07:18 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JSwanee View Post
Having read every Star Wars book I admit there were stories in the EU that were kinda weak. The problem of making the NJO non-canon is it not only affects that series but also all the books/comics that follow. Writing in the Star Wars universe is a thankless job. You can never satisfy everyone. People need to just accept it the way it is and stop trying to mold it to their own ideas. Were the Vong a bit of a stretch? Yea, but that doesnt mean the whole series (not trilogy) was garbage. As with most of the EU there are highs and lows. That Black Fleet Crisis had some strange things too. Nobody ever complained. How about Truce at Bakura? Entechment, really? Still it was a good book. Instead of complaining about what should be canon and what shouldn't just be thankfull we have a star wars universe, AND now Lucas can't go around changing the movies every other week.
You know that George Lucas told the writers of NJO about how the Vong was gonna be ? so canon they are indeed.

johnxtreeme
12.06.2012 , 12:30 PM | #19
Necro, but I wanted to say I cannot wait until they retcon the Yuuzhan Vong out of existence. It will be a glorious day.

Beniboybling
12.06.2012 , 12:45 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by johnxtreeme View Post
Necro, but I wanted to say I cannot wait until they retcon the Yuuzhan Vong out of existence. It will be a glorious day.
It will be a day long remembered, it has seen the end of the Yuuzhan Vong and it will soon see the end of the NJO