Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If we don't have CC, what DO we have?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
If we don't have CC, what DO we have?

UltimateKrucible
11.08.2012 , 05:06 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by TheAlopex View Post
..... Possibly even pheasants.
Them's good eatin!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheAlopex View Post
Maybe the problem is TOO MANY OTHER CLASSES CAN CC TOO MUCH. Maybe instead we should nerf everyone else's CC and make Sage/Sorc possibly a dedicated CC AC. If you want to lock someone down, you'll need a Sage/Sorc. I think that would be better balance.
This is actually a very good idea - I used to play CoH and there was a dedicated CC class there, and it all worked out fine. Having one in SWTOR PvP could just be the thing to end 'stun wars' - and would add a new level of tactical complexity as - gasp - DPS actually concentrate on protecting their CC'ers and healers instead of rushing into the meatgrinder.

That said - what about us Shadows? CC is pretty imortant when you only have light armour between you and a lightsaber.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

TheAlopex
11.08.2012 , 08:51 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
Them's good eatin!

This is actually a very good idea - I used to play CoH and there was a dedicated CC class there, and it all worked out fine. Having one in SWTOR PvP could just be the thing to end 'stun wars' - and would add a new level of tactical complexity as - gasp - DPS actually concentrate on protecting their CC'ers and healers instead of rushing into the meatgrinder.

That said - what about us Shadows? CC is pretty imortant when you only have light armour between you and a lightsaber.
I miss my Ice/Ice Controller...

Indeed, I am also a graduate of the CoH School of More than Just Three Roles in an MMO. CC'ing, imo, is a role all on its own, and a class should exist to specialize in it. You can tell BW doesn't get it by looking at their "Roles" forum.

And it's not like Shadows would LOSE their CC's, or that they'd become totally useless, they'd just be far less effective than a Sorc/Sage, and probably less effective than they currently are. Think Ice/Ice Blaster vs Ice/Ice Controller. The Blaster still had plenty of CC available to it, but damage was its main thing and it never matched a Troller in the CC department. But it could use some of it to support others or increase it's survivability.

I pondered that if all other CCs in the game gave much more resolve than they currently do, maybe what could happen is that the Sage/Sorc CC tree would have a 31 point talent allowing their CC's to trigger no resolve (key word: trigger. If they are already at full resolve, then they will be immune to even a Sage/Sorc CC, encouraging CCs to be used more often by the Sage/Sorc than by the other classes, and encouraging the team to protect their CC'er, because they'll otherwise have very gimped CC and lots of people with full resolve) and work through bosses with immunity in PvE. That would effectively leave everyone's playstyles intact, nerf their CC, and make the Sorc/Sage the dedicated CC'er all at once.

I can dream...

Gomla
11.09.2012 , 05:45 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
But hey, I'm willing to hear about the things you think sorc is better than other classes at.
Wearing a skirt....

Nobody does it better. I salute them for that.

Zeaza
11.10.2012 , 05:40 AM | #44
The problem is the stun bubble can be cast on the whole team constantly and the increase of sorcs with this spec atm is similar to the increased amount of focus specced juggernauts/guardians

you could make the self cast and the team cast 2 different abilties, with abit longer CD on the team cast one
( and team cast abiltiy does not work on yourself)