Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Axes? Really?

Setsugetsuka
11.09.2012 , 09:25 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
How does it look fine? Is everyone going to be permanently "using the force" to bend the laws of physics to accommodate wielding such axes? Or is there a section of jedi dedicated to nothing but wrist exercises in order to flail them around? (make of that what you will) Or are they made of some super light material that means they weigh hardly anything? In which case why would they be shaped like that and be used by gammoreans?

As I said, if these fugly axes are acceptable, why not go the whole hog and throw in buster swords?
You're looking into this way too much. Just see it for what it is, a jovial vanity item offered to those who want it.

With that said though, I'd love a Light-Buster Sword, would be sweet.

saremun
11.10.2012 , 05:22 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
How does it look fine? Is everyone going to be permanently "using the force" to bend the laws of physics to accommodate wielding such axes? Or is there a section of jedi dedicated to nothing but wrist exercises in order to flail them around? (make of that what you will) Or are they made of some super light material that means they weigh hardly anything? In which case why would they be shaped like that and be used by gammoreans?

As I said, if these fugly axes are acceptable, why not go the whole hog and throw in buster swords?
yeah gonna be fun watching a Jedi/Sith deflect the blaster shots with AXES!

Karkais
11.10.2012 , 06:19 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by kmontyw View Post
Axes are fine. Jedis trading lightsabres for metal axes is the issue. The fact that quite a few don't immediately understand that, and why, emphasizes the point. Rather painfully, btw.
The amount of jedis using axes will propably be no more than the amount of jedi wielding vibroswords.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

Hyde_v
11.10.2012 , 07:29 AM | #124
Gamorian guards in RotJ had axes. Big creatures using axes work for me. It also wouldn't shock me to see a Sith pick up an axe, turn his evil, yellow eyes to an enemy, and grins like a mad man at the thought of the barbaric slaughter about to happen.

And I'm quite certain there will be no throwing the axe down after the fight and calling the weapon "Uncivilized."
"And they probably redesigned the whole sickbay too. I know engineers. They love to change things." -Dr. McCoy, ST:TMP

SmugglersLuck
11.10.2012 , 07:38 AM | #125
Axe

Mandolore the Indomitable

Jedi Axe

It is lore friendly. Get over it.
Darth Zumiya
The Keeper of Light Walker of Dreams

Kendaric
11.10.2012 , 07:49 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
That's the only issue I see with the axes. Do the vibroblades deflect ranged attacks as well currently?
(█⌉▀|▀|▀|▀[o]█]|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Hyde_v
11.10.2012 , 07:58 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Kendaric View Post
That's the only issue I see with the axes. Do the vibroblades deflect ranged attacks as well currently?
Enemies shooting at my Jedi on Tython before they obtained their first real lightsaber were deflecting blaster bolts with their vibroblades.
"And they probably redesigned the whole sickbay too. I know engineers. They love to change things." -Dr. McCoy, ST:TMP

kmontyw
11.10.2012 , 08:02 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by SmugglersLuck View Post
It is lore friendly. Get over it.
There is lore, and there is lore. The universe established by the first three movies (and let's face it, they're the only ones that can be taken seriously) would not have Jedis with anything but lightsabres.

But meh, if you don't see it and it has to be reiterated, there's hardly any point being anything but whimsical.

So the only thing I'd really like to know is when we'll be getting a sparkling pony mount.
I am an international man of mystery... or am I

Wolfninjajedi
11.10.2012 , 08:34 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
Thats an actual force power, its called Force Deflection. Also for blocking lightsabers without a lightsaber, there is also Force Weapon.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Crawelc
11.10.2012 , 09:17 AM | #130
The thing is they look really stupid in your hand. I bought one on the pts, and my sent holds it about mid handle instead of at the bottom. It just looks really dumb.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.