Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kanjir
11.09.2012 , 07:14 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yes but it's still a lot harder than other FP's bosses and its drop is the same with HM Revan, who is 10 times easier.

As a player I have a better choice, don't do it since I can get better gear through other FP/OPS.
Well, don't do it then. Some people who do find it difficult like the challenge. It's like a harcore mode in other games. You may or may not be able to play the game in that mode but it doesn't mean it should be made easier if you can't.

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 07:34 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanjir View Post
Well, don't do it then. Some people who do find it difficult like the challenge. It's like a harcore mode in other games. You may or may not be able to play the game in that mode but it doesn't mean it should be made easier if you can't.
Well I also try it because I want challenge but 70k+ repair bill and many groups' disband is not interesting at all. Also most of the players just want to get gear. That's why ops like TFB got the highest tier gear drop to match its difficulty rather than Rakata gears, same with most of the MMO.

AshlaBoga
11.09.2012 , 10:01 PM | #93
Well I also try it because I want challenge but 70k+ repair bill and many groups' disband is not interesting at all. Also most of the players just want to get gear. That's why ops like TFB got the highest tier gear drop to match its difficulty rather than Rakata gears, same with most of the MMO.
Well this thread really should be CLOSED. They listened to what you all had to say and nerfed LI so now you can't complain that the rewards don't match the difficulty. I hope you're all happy with yourselves
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 10:10 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Well this thread really should be CLOSED. They listened to what you all had to say and nerfed LI so now you can't complain that the rewards don't match the difficulty. I hope you're all happy with yourselves
Its first 2 bosses are still too hard base on their drop.

AshlaBoga
11.09.2012 , 10:33 PM | #95
Its first 2 bosses are still too hard base on their drop.
No, not really. They just don't cater to ultra-casuals. Post-nerf your argument doesn't hold much water.
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 10:44 PM | #96
No, not really. They just don't cater to ultra-casuals. Post-nerf your argument doesn't hold much water.
I did very well on other HM FP, and Revan drop the same stuff as the droid boss in LI.

Knightsire
11.09.2012 , 11:12 PM | #97
I tried hard mode post nerf (if it has been nerfed recently I don't know). I was in full columni (except main hand and belt - rakata ear piece - war hero implants and relics), but my PUG group still had problems. I spent over 200K. Very soon I will have a full BH set including off-hand weapon. Hopefully, this will be enough to finally run this often enough to eventually get my Columi Main Hand Weapon.

I wish there was another way to get columi main hand weapon at least.

Got to the last boss, but could not move fast enough out of stuff on the floor despite avoid satchel charges. Healer could not spare heals either since she was focused on tank. As DPS, you're on your own to break kolto tanks sometimes...my rotation is decent and my dps is about 1300-1400 using MOX parser...I've heard this is an okay range?

AshlaBoga
11.09.2012 , 11:41 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Knightsire View Post
I tried hard mode post nerf (if it has been nerfed recently I don't know). I was in full columni (except main hand and belt - rakata ear piece - war hero implants and relics), but my PUG group still had problems. I spent over 200K. Very soon I will have a full BH set including off-hand weapon. Hopefully, this will be enough to finally run this often enough to eventually get my Columi Main Hand Weapon.

Got to the last boss, but could not move fast enough out of stuff on the floor despite avoid satchel charges. Healer could not spare heals either since she was focused on tank. As DPS, you're on your own to break kolto tanks sometimes...my rotation is decent and my dps is about 1300-1400 using MOX parser...I've heard this is an okay range?
Your dps doesn't seem to be the issue from what you've said, frequently I've found that some healers neglect to cleanse/purge dps who get hit by satchel charges in lieu of focusing on healing the tank. But there should be a couple of instances in phase 1 where the healer has more than enough time to drop the debuff stacks off you. So while I hesitate to criticize based on what you've posted, it would seem to be more of a tank or healer issue than a dps issue.

P.S: Try Story Mode KP - Karagga drops that, only issue is that it has a lockout.
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Slowpokeking
11.10.2012 , 12:59 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Knightsire View Post

I was almost full columni and got BH ear piece but still wiped so much.

AshlaBoga
11.10.2012 , 04:07 AM | #100
I was almost full columni and got BH ear piece but still wiped so much.
That's a skill/coordination issue, not a gear issue. Try running it with people you work well with, it's not pug friendly.
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption