Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
11.09.2012 , 07:10 AM | #3031
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
It seems much more likely to me that NONE of the work required to implement SGRs has even been scoped at this point.

Driz
You are right that we are labouring under the assumption that previous statements are not invalidated by time or the persons who issued them having left. This is why we ask for further information from Bioware, from Ms. Berryman, from Mr. Gonzalez and from Mr. Hood.

Since there is no disclaimer that statements become invalid after a certain period of time or become invalid after the person who issued them has left, I personally believe that trusting Bioware's intention to introduce this content is valid. I also believe that Mr. Amatengelo was speaking sincerely when he said that he believes that SGRA's would be introduced with Makeb and that it is merely a matter of putting SGRA's on the release schedule. However, because that was not transcribed to the website or made official by others in Bioware (i.e. the Community Team, whose job it is to convey information to the community), I still feel it is necessary to ask Bioware, Ms. Berryman, Mr. Gonzalez and/or Mr. Hood about the status of this content, particularly if we still hold (as I do) Mr. Erickson's statement that story content would be released this year and that SGRA's would be bundled with story content (as it is story content) - but do so with regards to the changes that have occurred at Bioware; that is, asking whether Mr. Erickson's statement is still valid now that Free2Play is being released and that there has been a greater emphasis put on traditional MMO properties and the new emphasis will be put on Cash Shop content.

And yes, we have not exactly been paragons of virtue when discussing the content, but it does become grating when we ask for reasonable arguments against the introduction of the content and all we get in return is homophobic vitriol.

In the previous thread you quoted me as saying the implementation of the content is not a question of "if but when", and then asked how I could believe that when I know that the statements we have been given are old. I believe that because I still believe that old statements are valid, largely because no one at Bioware has specifically refuted them and (as above) there is no time limit on validity of statements. I assume that Bioware intends to continue its practices of having same-sex romances options and that that includes this game.

I realise that you hold me in the greatest contempt, but I do enjoy talking with you.

wainot-keel
11.09.2012 , 08:15 AM | #3032
Also, I don't see why things that were said/promised by people who left the company are no longer valid. They weren't speaking for themselves, nor it was about a personal project they do on their free time. They were speaking on BWs behalf

I've been working in system developement for over 15 years. I've had left jobs and got new ones. Sometimes I leave a project that is continued by others, and sometimes it means I get to continue someone else's work.

stuffystuffs
11.09.2012 , 09:41 AM | #3033
At this point, I just want them to confirm SGRA's so the "LOLZ, they haven't said anything in a long time so that means they scrapped SGRA's! Neener neener!!!" posts will end.

Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Also, I don't see why things that were said/promised by people who left the company are no longer valid. They weren't speaking for themselves, nor it was about a personal project they do on their free time. They were speaking on BWs behalf
Indeed.
Node guarder

chuixupu
11.09.2012 , 04:00 PM | #3034
No answers about SGRs in Hall Hood's followup, guess I'm not surprised.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tatile
11.09.2012 , 04:01 PM | #3035
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
No answers about SGRs in Hall Hood's followup, guess I'm not surprised.
I noticed and I have sent Ms. Berryman a message thanking her and Mr. Hood for their continued blank-walling of this content.

Druidsfire
11.09.2012 , 04:08 PM | #3036
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
At this point, I just want them to confirm SGRA's so the "LOLZ, they haven't said anything in a long time so that means they scrapped SGRA's! Neener neener!!!" posts will end.
As I theorized in my big long blogpost linked a few pages back, Bioware would have told us years ago if they weren't doing SGR content at all. The theory still holds, in my mind at least, that given we know they're aware of this thread and how frustrated folks are, that if they'd changed their minds and decided not to include it, they wouldn't string everyone along for months (approaching a year now) after saying 'sure, we're gonna do this!' They would have made an announcement shortly after such a decision was made, take the heat from the subsequent explosion, and then move on.

One thing I think is important to remember is that Bioware isn't out to piss us all off. Sure, they're a company, and I personally have less trust in the EA situation than I trust Bioware directly. But in general, the people who work there aren't out to make us all upset. I don't personally believe that they're out to shun or ignore or shut out folks who are in favor of SGRAs. I actually feel really bad for them when they can't tell us about all the cool stuff coming down the pike at some point. However, I tend to agree that the gag orders seem very strict and the paucity of information doesn't help them. I'm hopeful that recent statements from Joveth that they're going to try and be more communicative will pan out. Of course, they could tell us everything and there'd still be some people grousing about it.

I have a suspicion that if F2P launching now wasn't part of their original gameplan, the SGR situation would have stayed on the original 'by the time the year is up' hints. But crap happened, and thus the gameplan had to change.

However, I do not believe they have forgotten us or changed their minds. I have faith they would have (regretfully) told us so if they had decided to scrap it.

Patience.
-= Writer, TORWars.com =-
-= Kyr'iana ~ Kyrion @ The Shadowlands =-
-= Kyriana ~ Tirion ~ Jerilyn @ Begeren Colony =-

Palar
11.09.2012 , 05:32 PM | #3037
Quote: Originally Posted by Druidsfire View Post
I have a suspicion that if F2P launching now wasn't part of their original gameplan, the SGR situation would have stayed on the original 'by the time the year is up' hints. But crap happened, and thus the gameplan had to change.

However, I do not believe they have forgotten us or changed their minds. I have faith they would have (regretfully) told us so if they had decided to scrap it.

Patience.
My patience withered and died from malnutrition - they clearly don't have the stones to just admit it's been delayed beyond 'this year, definitely'... hell, answering anything from over a quarter of their MtD follow-up was too hard for them.

Tatile
11.09.2012 , 05:39 PM | #3038
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
My patience withered and died from malnutrition - they clearly don't have the stones to just admit it's been delayed beyond 'this year, definitely'... hell, answering anything from over a quarter of their MtD follow-up was too hard for them.
To be honest, I don't know if I can be bothered anymore. I don't why I should be the one caring about the content and chasing the Community Team for information, when Bioware should be the ones giving a toss about us and giving us information.

Ugh, not even the energy to do a verbal table flip.

Druidsfire
11.09.2012 , 05:49 PM | #3039
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
It's not as clear as you might think. We, on the outside, don't know all the whyfors of the situation. We don't know the reasons why they haven't said diddly squat (and I agree, it /is/ diddly squat). I also firmly, politely, and unequivocally disagree with anyone who believes that Bioware doesn't care. I've had the good fortune to meet some of the folks on the team at the last two PAX Easts, and I cannot honestly believe that they don't care. They're good people, and they don't deserve to obliquely be called cowards. Just because you're not getting what you want right this second doesn't mean you won't get it at some point. Again, they haven't said 'sorry, we changed our mind'. Hold onto that VERY firmly.

However, I also know there's a time and a place for such frustration, and the eve of the biggest change to the game since launch is not it. The delays have not been awesome on Bioware's part, the info isn't there that you want now now now, and it sucks knowing that SGRAs aren't the company's #1 priority with this game. Buuuuuuut, I'd rather there be a game left for there to be SGR content added to than selfishly fuss over the one section of content one is myopically fixated on. Is it important content? Sure, of course it is. But there's a bigger picture that we should also keep in mind.

I'm personally going to wait until after F2P settles down, give it a couple of weeks, see what breaks, see if the Makeb theory is honored... and then start asking more questions.

Maybe I'm just too old and mellow, I dunno.
-= Writer, TORWars.com =-
-= Kyr'iana ~ Kyrion @ The Shadowlands =-
-= Kyriana ~ Tirion ~ Jerilyn @ Begeren Colony =-

Tatile
11.09.2012 , 05:53 PM | #3040
Quote: Originally Posted by Druidsfire View Post
Maybe I'm just too old and mellow, I dunno.
You look pretty fresh to me.

My problem is I burnt myself up on talking about this content, it's good to see someone with optimism.