Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Random Game Client Crashes to Desktop since 1.2, and now 1.3 and 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Random Game Client Crashes to Desktop since 1.2, and now 1.3 and 1.4

Ghyren
10.22.2012 , 10:26 PM | #1
Ok, so I have been trying to solve this since 1.2 came out, but the randomness is just frustrating. I have been on fleet, in ops, in fps, world questing and space missions and I experience random crashes to my desktop. Sometimes windows error message pops up but then goes away, I click look for solutions online, then nothing happens. I do not get an error code from SWTOR. When 1.2 first came out and the crashes would happen, usually a reboot and a repair on the client would fix it for the night so I could get through ops, now i am just not dependable enough to take into an ops group at all. I have tried updating EVERYTHING on my comp, didn't work. Read to roolback GPU drivers to a certain version and that did not do anything.

I ran a memory test this evening and nothing showed up, which is why I am posting here before going postal, looking at quitting the game until I can maybe get a new pc... idk - please help lol. Below is my diaxdg log and the crash logs.

Spoiler

and the file that would open with notepad in the crash folder that was readable is below
Spoiler

Ghyren
11.09.2012 , 01:19 PM | #2
bump - are there any technical ppl online?

FINNT
11.09.2012 , 01:25 PM | #3
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=550315

"Information Request: Crashing to Desktop"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=541996

"crashing to desktop since 1.4 "
:laser:

Ghyren
11.09.2012 , 03:58 PM | #4
Just some of the reliability reports - too much text to post everything
Spoiler

Ghyren
05.08.2013 , 05:13 PM | #5
turns out my CPU was overheating, did everything they told me - at the end of the week, it came to monitoring my hardware :-p