Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninety Seven Percent

irishfino
11.06.2012 , 12:50 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Motherf********!!!!
*Runs back to reread!*
[grins] Sneaky sneaky.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Oh, damn... I definitely did not see that coming. Eagerly awaiting more!
I don't think many people saw this coming. Muahahahahaah!

Ok, so, reread the beginning...real stopped at post #55? Wow. That's a ton of dream. Like crazy amounts of dream. I'm having trouble recalibrating all these characters to what they were at that point - Jaesa, Syla, Barnabus, the lot. Quinn, I'm sure, has changed mentally during the dream, but the rest...having trouble rewinding.

Curious to see how this plays out.
There's going to be a bit of a rewind in play. You might recognize it as soon as I post it. [grinnity grin]

Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
Quinn wakes up, confused. He hears Quinn crying (in his fully adult voice) in the other room. Hearing the shower running, he walks to the bathroom and opens the curtain. "Oh, hello me."

We've been masterfully Dallas'd.
Ahahahahahaaah! That won't be exactly what happens (but now I want to do a shower scene... mmm Quinn [cough]).

Quote: Originally Posted by Reil View Post
By these reactions to your last installment I feel that this once I have entirely missed something. <confuzzled>
Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbarabba View Post
dang it Fino, didn't even notice the gloves not showing up. Your killing us here

Your attending classes now right? How are those going?
Heeheeeheeee. I shouldn't be so delighted that no one saw this coming, but it makes me happy.

As for classes, I'm rockin' them like a rock star rocking rock classes on rock.

As always, thank you for reading and thank you for your support!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
11.06.2012 , 01:03 PM | #272
Home

Captain Malavai stared at Quinn with a firm frown. The man was obviously surprised. Who wouldn’t be with a lightsaber lodged in their chest? The strike wasn’t immediately fatal, but it definitely wasn’t comfortable.

The Captain was kind enough to deactivate his saber before pulling the hilt away. Quinn, naturally, was not kind. He struck at the Captain, but the Captain was faster with a Force push. Quinn slammed into a wall and slid to the floor, pouting all the way.

“You shouldn’t be able to do that,” he groused from his new position. “Malavai is dead. You have no connection to the Force.”

“Malavai isn’t dead,” the Captain replied tonelessly.

“Impossible!”

“If this place is as real as you say, why would I allow a part of myself to die? You are the fool here, not I. You have no excuse for the things you have done. You can try to justify your cruelty by saying none of this is real, that none of this has any bearing on the real world, but it is hollow comfort. If this is truly what you say, if this is what I think it is, then the things you have done will always be there in the back of my mind. At least now I know what will happen if you are ever set loose and I will never allow you to be free. You will not control me. You are my fear. Malavai is my hope. Barnabus is my balance and I will be whole again!”

As he talked, he moved closer to the wounded Quinn on the floor. The man stared up at him with an identical face, but eyes as wild as a cornered beast and orange as a Sith just tip toeing into the Dark Side of the Force. In this moment, he pitied him. He was the part of himself that had been forced into seclusion when he became too dangerous to be dealt with. He was scorned and stabbed and cursed and poked and prodded until he became the bitter embodiment of his pain. He could never be free, but he could be helped.

“I offer you a deal,” the Captain said quietly. He squatted to bring them to the same station. “Come back home, where you belong. Come back with me and work with me and I promise you we will heal.”

“You’ll just put me back in that room!” Quinn spat angrily.

“No,” the Captain said gently, “never again. You never belonged in there. I will never put you back in such a place. I accept you, Malavai.”

Quinn’s eyes grew wide and his jaw slackened enough to part his lips. He had never been called that before. He was always something else. A detached Quinn, a sliver, a section, a piece, but never whole. Never part of the whole.

“Come home, Malavai,” the Captain said gently.

“You won’t put me in the room?” Quinn whispered hoarsely.

“I promise you, you will never have to face such an injustice again. Come home.”

“Home?” It was a sound idea, a place to live, a place he was finally welcome. He wanted so badly to be accepted, cared for, loved, not just the bastard child of a horrific experiment. “Yes,” he said quietly. “Take me home.”

The Captain smiled and leaned in to hug his counterpart. The man in his arms released a gut wrenching sob as he slowly faded away. He was finally going home. To a place he could be whole with heart and soul.

As the newly whole Captain stood and turned, the world around him began to vanish into the ether. Jaesa faded away with a confused look on her face, Pierce and Vette had already disappeared, and Barnabus, well, Barnabus was looking pretty satisfied with himself.

“You did well, my boy,” Barnabus’ voice echoed.

“You’ve atoned for your sins, grandfather,” the Captain replied. “Perhaps now you’ll let me treat your illness.”

“Perhaps now, I’ll ask you.”

Barnabus’ voice distorted for a brief moment before the elderly man disappeared entirely. All of Tatooine turned to black and the Captain could not have felt more at home. With steps swift and sure, he made his way through the darkness and to the door he knew was there. It opened on his approach and he smiled at the familiar hallways of his mind. Little Malavai and Quinn, as the Captain would call him before giving him an official nickname, were waiting on the other side. The Captain strode forward with purpose toward the command center.

“Come along, gentlemen, we have work to do,” the Captain said stiffly.

Malavai and Quinn looked at one another and grinned. Work was always better when they worked together.

Notes:
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
11.06.2012 , 01:24 PM | #273
Aaah, the awesomeness... it is blinding... Now I'll just have to go reread the whole thing, now won't I?
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
11.06.2012 , 03:11 PM | #274
That was very very good. This especially:
Spoiler

gives a good deal of context to Quinn's actions. Looking forward to the next part!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

irishfino
11.06.2012 , 05:16 PM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Aaah, the awesomeness... it is blinding... Now I'll just have to go reread the whole thing, now won't I?
Re-reading is goooooood. Now you'll know what to look out for, lol.

That was very very good. This especially:
Spoiler

gives a good deal of context to Quinn's actions. Looking forward to the next part!
Thank you, thank you. Sith!Quinn was a bit of a challenge for me to write. I wanted him to be slightly sympathetic while, at the same time, be completely insane about how he went about getting the attention he craved. I think I got the insane part down, lol.

Thanks for reading everyone!

irishfino
11.06.2012 , 05:23 PM | #276
Round and Round We Go

GASP.

Quinn’s still form violently came to life as he coughed and gasped for breath. Jaesa jumped back, nearly tripping over her own feet. Poor Barnabus jumped so high he nearly fell from the bed. Quinn hunched in his chair and coughed into his hands. Then, slowly, he turned his head toward Jaesa.

“Jaesa?” Quinn asked throatily as he regained his bearings.

“Yes,” she sobbed pitifully. “Yes.” She dove at him then, embedding herself in his side. He grunted from the force of her attack.

“What did you see? Where did you go? Are you alright?” Barnabus asked in a rush. His bouncy childishness returned as quickly as breath had into Quinn’s lungs.

Quinn coughed roughly. “I saw them, grandfather.”

“Saw who?” Barnabus asked quietly.

“Them,” he enunciated.

“You spoke with them? Did they say anything? Where were they? Where did you go?” Barnabus asked quickly.

Quinn brought the back of his hand to his nose and wiped off a bit of blood. “I'm tired, grandfather,” he said quietly.

“Fair enough! Can the two of you make it to the couch okay?”

“I’m stronger than I look,” Jaesa said lightly as she peeled herself reluctantly from Quinn’s side and stood. “Let’s get you cleaned up.”

“Mm, I don’t want to stand yet,” Quinn said quietly.

“I’ll get a bowl and cloth.”

Jaesa quickly left the room for the refresher. Quinn and Barnabus sat in silence for a few long moments.

“I've been on a most interesting journey,” Quinn said quietly.

“He was there to guide you?” Barnabus asked quietly.

“Yes. He was very strange.”

Barnabus chuckled. “He was a failsafe in case you were… broken in some manner. Now seemed as good a time as any to let him loose.”

“Mm,” Quinn muttered absently. “I can give you a full report after I rest a bit. I am… incredibly tired.”

“But you are otherwise… alright?”

“I am whole, grandfather. I am whole.”

“Good,” Barnabus said quietly. “That’s so good to hear after so long. Malavai, I am sorry. For everything.”

“I know,” Quinn said gently. “We’ll talk more when I awaken.”

Quinn turned his head toward the nightstand and grabbed his gloves. He traced and traced and traced until the thread left an imprint in his finger. He would have kept going until the skin was raw and bloody if not for the return of Jaesa. He nodded at her then gestured toward the couch. He was tired. He wasn’t sure how long he had actually been gone, but he was tired. He flopped onto the couch without his usual grace. As soon as his head found a comfortable position he was away and asleep. It felt good to be home.

Rabbarabba
11.06.2012 , 06:47 PM | #277
Now all that needs done is to blow jaesa up... again.

Milchmaus
11.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #278
Wow....

Just reread everything... You did such a great job, really. I love this thread

SITH HAPPENS

Reil
11.08.2012 , 08:46 PM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post

Spoiler
Spoiler

Now the icky part I've been dreading is about to start LOL. I agree with the above. Can we explode her for real this time? Now, since a certain Captain in the shower (sans Jaesa) never materialized, I have to go off and do a sketch...

Earthmama
11.09.2012 , 03:21 PM | #280
Can a post be only an online kiss? because if so *MUAH* love your work my dear!