Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Customer Service Policy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
New Customer Service Policy
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Moriander
11.09.2012 , 12:30 PM | #1
It appears that SWTOR has changed its' customer service policy. Not so long ago, they had a problem with groupfinder not awarding black hole commendations for missions. It happened to me but was promptly dealt with by customer service. Well done there. Recently, however, I completed the mission all characters get upon reaching level 50 which rewards the player with a full set of recruit armor. On the Imperial side this mission is called New Technology.
I reported the bug to customer support. Notice their reply:

10/29/2012 - I completed mission: New Technology but didn't receive the token for Recruit gear.

11/08/2012 - SWTOR CSR: Greetings,
I am Protocol Droid MO-TO, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue you encountered with your mission.

We are sorry that you have encountered an issue with your mission, however please be advised that we currently only offer support for class story missions.

We would kindly ask you to try the steps outlined below to resolve your issue, if the mission is still in your mission log. Unfortunately if you have abandoned the mission, we cannot provide assistance.
If your mission is located within a story area or flashpoint, please try leaving the phase by either:
Walking our of the Phased Zone via the Portal Entrance (Green Gate)
Reset the Phase by right clicking on your portrait and selecting reset phase /reset local phase.
Using your Quick Travel ability to a Bind Point
Using your Emergency Fleet Pass.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Galactic Support is our specialty...
Sincerely,
Protocol Droid MO-TO
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

So now, Swtor only offers support for [I]class missions[I]. Is this new or did it change previously and I just didn't notice? Has this happened to anyone else? Perhaps SWTOR is simply trying to 'cull the herd' as it were by alienating its' customer base which actually file Help Tickets.

Considering this on top of the Forced Name Change debacle (You've all got stories, I'm sure) I find it very difficult to justify paying a monthly subscription to a company whose business practice betrays such obvious disdain for the people that keep them in business.

Telanis
11.09.2012 , 12:43 PM | #2
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Call CS and talk to someone who knows what they're talking about.

Tirvaak
11.09.2012 , 01:25 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Moriander,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I have forwarded on your details to have this looked into further for you. Please be patient and a member of our in game team will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Moriander
11.09.2012 , 02:27 PM | #4
I was contacted in-game by a live agent about half an hour ago who sent the mission reward via in game mail and is currently helping with a guild rename issue i found after the transfers. I want to say how much I appreciate this prompt and personal attention from customer service when i had almost given up. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but you can color me a satisfied customer.

Tirvaak
11.09.2012 , 02:36 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Moriander,

I'm glad to hear we could get your problem resolved. I'll also be certain to pass on your feedback to the agent that helped with your issue.

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will do what we can to help out.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support