Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
11.09.2012 , 02:24 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
I don't think he expressed what he wanted. He seems to just want an answer to his question.
Speeder is 110% speeder at speeder skill 1. That is currently unique in the game I believe.

So it would be pointless to want it to be adaptive.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

SamuraBob_Fl
11.09.2012 , 02:59 PM | #102
Quote:
Preffered Status will have access to more character slots.
Do you have a citation for that? Because I'm pretty sure that is not the case.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

tands
11.09.2012 , 03:01 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Speeder is 110% speeder at speeder skill 1. That is currently unique in the game I believe.

So it would be pointless to want it to be adaptive.
I was wanting to make sure that the speeder was going to remain the same, I was wanting to know to avoid suprises come patch day. I think the speeder is just fine as it is (saves money training higher piloting skills while leveling and it's pretty awesome looking)

sandyrocks
11.09.2012 , 03:02 PM | #104
Just curious what you think. Seems to me stuff like that would make them a lot of $$.

shunthunder
11.09.2012 , 03:04 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
Good to hear. Just a question, are cartel coin values displayed currently final? Seem to be a few errors floating around.

Thanks
Edited - I actually have my collectors cartel coins listed. Please disregard below.

I agree with him, I have collectors edition, and I noticed that I am not getting the bonus for it listed in my cartel coins. Why is that
Shun, a huge D. Vader Fan.

Lankybrit
11.09.2012 , 03:54 PM | #106
Hi,

I know that a F2P player can buy Cartel Coins with real cash. I would like to know if there's any other way to get them (subscribers get 250 per month I think), even if it's just a small amount? Or, if I am F2P, I can only get Cartel Coins (other than those I started with) by using real cash?

Cheers.

TheRedNalroni
11.09.2012 , 03:57 PM | #107
Currently My old Guild bank was transferred to a friend during the first wave of transfers.
At the time we were told to Disband the guilds move to the new server then restablish the guild and Contact Customer Service for it to be reinstated.

The Guild was never disbanded on the origin server.

When the Second Wave came for transfers transferring all remaining characters to the server the account holding the guild bank was inactive.
I have asked my friend for the Guild bank and said he would transfer it when free to play comes.

However my concern is will the guild bank still be intact on a free to play account with all bought tabs and content?
There does not seem to be any information on Guild bank restrictions ona free to play account, only their own cargo hold.

Does anyone know?

DarthOvertone
11.09.2012 , 04:16 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Lankybrit View Post
Well, I'm back. Just re-subbed for a month to take advantage of the extra Cartel Coins and to actually experience the full game for a month before I go Preferred F2P.
Welcome back mate.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lankybrit View Post
I would like to know if there's any other way to get them (subscribers get 250 per month I think), even if it's just a small amount? Or, if I am F2P, I can only get Cartel Coins (other than those I started with) by using real cash?
Right now, the only two ways I know to get CCs is to purchase a sub and get a grant of 500/month or purchase them with real $$$. I remember reading an article where BW stated they are working on ways to integrate CC acquisition into normal gameplay. Not sure how they plan on doing it.

Other games do it with grinding activities like X/Monster Kills and Deed completions. If you think about it, they could integrate some CCs in with finding Datacrons or easter egg stuff like that.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphawood - Guardian | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

sippelmc
11.09.2012 , 05:45 PM | #109
How much do CC's cost? Is that set yet?

RikHar
11.09.2012 , 06:59 PM | #110
BioWares new gimmick.

Instead of concentrating and putting effort and time in much needed things they come up with a lame "Cartel Coins" option. Both Free Play and this Cartel Coins smells of desperation on BioWares part.

Shame on them. They used to be better then this.