Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kltpxyzm
11.09.2012 , 01:23 PM | #91
Good to know. I wasn't expecting anything to get deleted, but always pays to make sure before rather than find out after.

Thanks for the quick answers.

chuixupu
11.09.2012 , 01:25 PM | #92
Also they said the ability to purchase character slots is coming, probably at the same time that they'll "freeze" those other slots, so you can buy the slots back with CC's.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Urael
11.09.2012 , 01:27 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Kltpxyzm View Post
Not sure where to ask this, so might as well ask it here.

I remember reading a while back that in the Free to Play model the players will initially only have a limited number of character slots. I apologize for not having a link to this, but it was a long while ago.

I currently have 8 characters, 2 at 50 and the other 6 I've been leveling slowly. When TOR goes free to play, am I going to lose my characters? Are my characters going to be frozen pending I purchase more slots and I'll have to choose who I want and who I don't want?

I know that 20 or so levels isn't too hard to make up, but I've actually put some decent time and personal interest into these characters and would hate to lose any one of them.
There are 3 levels of access to the SWTOR service in the Freemium model.

F2P
Preferred Status
Subscription

Each has different levels of privilages.

Under the F2P level you will have access to any 2 of your characters with the rest being in "Stasus".

However, in your case since you were a subscriber you will be automatically be given the Preferred Status:

Quote:
Preferred StatusAnd we have not forgotten about those of you who once had accounts, but cancelled. We are hoping to get you to come back and play! Any player who has ever paid a monthly subscription fee will be given Preferred Status automatically when Free-to-Play option is launched. Players with Preferred Status do not face the same limitations as a Free-to-Play player and will find that some restrictions are either removed or greatly reduced.

In addition, Preferred Status can be earned by any Free-to-Play player who spends a minimum of $4.99 at our web store.

Preffered Status will have access to more character slots.

You won't "loose" any of the characters you have been working on.

United_Strafes
11.09.2012 , 01:42 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by sithgreyguard View Post
Good luck with f2p launch. also thanks for HK-51 and new content for us paying subs.
Ya so nice of them to give us some content after 5 months huh, thanks sooooooo much.

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.09.2012 , 01:45 PM | #95
You have time to decide. The devs had said character slot restrictions won't be applied at F2P launch but applied in a later patch.

Lankybrit
11.09.2012 , 02:13 PM | #96
Well, I'm back. Just re-subbed for a month to take advantage of the extra Cartel Coins and to actually experience the full game for a month before I go Preferred F2P. I don't know if I'll stick with it though. 3 Space Battles per week LOL. I used to do 3 Space Battles per DAY

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Cheers.

monkgryphon
11.09.2012 , 02:16 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Daeada View Post
You still get a free month with it. Effectively, you purchase a 1month sub, but get an install disk free with it.
Effectively they can purchase their first month for less than the normal monthly price?

Andryah
11.09.2012 , 02:20 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by tands View Post
Will the Refer a Freind Mount be adaaptive like the rest of the incomming speeder changes or will it stay the same?

I have seen a lot of questions asked in regards to this subject and was wondering if there is any insight about it as I have seen a lot of them go unanswered.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Why would you want it to be adaptive when it comes as 110% at level 1 speeder skill? It's the fastest speeder in the game for a level 10 character (legacy level unlock + 110% speed).
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

monkgryphon
11.09.2012 , 02:21 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Why would you want it to be adaptive when it comes as 110% at level 1 speeder skill? It's the fastest speeder in the game for a level 10 character (legacy level unlock + 110% speed).
I don't think he expressed what he wanted. He seems to just want an answer to his question.

Andryah
11.09.2012 , 02:22 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Except that it has to, in some capacity.
No... it does not. The recruit a friend feature requires that the friend actually subscribe to the game for at least one month in order to get the reward. That would still be a valid requirement under the new business model... though they might change it to requiring 2 months or 3 months subscription or something like that.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.