Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BadOrb
11.09.2012 , 11:42 AM | #61
Nice video and I agree that he looks tired give him a brief holiday when you launch F2P. Now as for the flying throne , I only noticed about 3 people liking it in this thread. So to the complainers , are you fairly new to sci-fi mmo's ? I had to ask because obviously you never played Phantasy Star Online ( any episode ) , the chair races where epic ! So THE THRONE'S CAN STAY THANK YOU! BRING ON THE THRONE RACES I WILL BE THE WINNER! We can chase all the throne haters down . I can not wait , might even be quite cheap on the GTN , mind you I'm sure they won't complain when they get one and sell it for mega monies ;/ sigh.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Wartitans
11.09.2012 , 01:15 PM | #62
Hmm I personally don't like the idea of flying chairs... to me the entire idea kills the star wars feel of the game however that being said, if there not liked, don't buy them and problem solved.

An item for sale does not mean you have to buy it. If you dont agree with it don't use it.
“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.” - Abraham Lincoln

Beniboybling
11.09.2012 , 01:30 PM | #63
Bout time the Sith got their own hoverchair. Watch out Yoda! Your days as the Hoverchair Racing Champion are over!

BadOrb
11.09.2012 , 02:16 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Bout time the Sith got their own hoverchair. Watch out Yoda! Your days as the Hoverchair Racing Champion are over!
Hey yeah forgot about that and yes you are correct , mind you he has a low wind resistance advantage

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Markonus-DS-
11.09.2012 , 05:48 PM | #65
I'm sorry, but none of what ive seen there so far regarding this cartel nonsense is rocking my world atm, if this is just going to be a cosmetic item store with a few quirky pets and daft animations, then it wont keep my interest for long, how about after you release this silly justification for a subscribers cash, you get back to whats really important, and i dont just mean endless new operations or warzones, its time to go back to brass tacks gentlemen and work on the mmo basics youve neglected to impliment so far as the list is endless (really need guildmail, and far better guild management tools / features) for starters. I can only hope they announce something epic soon about thier super secret space project, and it better be for subscribers only, after all, its us lot paying for its development, if its been dropped in favour of crass outfits and gimmicks with the occassional new operation every 6 weeks, your going to loose a lot interest from subscribers.

nartiuslightlord
11.09.2012 , 07:34 PM | #66
I want that throne! Also please have opposite faction orange gear. I want to make my jedi knight look like a dark jedi knight

Looking good Devs keep us informed.
CE VIP

SWTOR Episode I - A New Meme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDaG7YqaV4

Projawa
11.09.2012 , 10:41 PM | #67
Please tell me that huge orange cartel shop button can be resized/hidden/moved like the rest of the UI.

Lastwolflord
11.10.2012 , 07:33 AM | #68
Was I the only one who noticed how expensive everything was. I mean I have played this game since day one and my cartel coins I will get for being a paid member is like 1300. All those packs they are showing cost twice that amount....

Beniboybling
11.10.2012 , 07:40 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Lastwolflord View Post
Was I the only one who noticed how expensive everything was. I mean I have played this game since day one and my cartel coins I will get for being a paid member is like 1300. All those packs they are showing cost twice that amount....
You didn't really expect you could buy everything with complimentary cartel coins? You have to earn it by playing the game, every month of something like that you get more, so you'll be able to buy stuff soon enough. Otherwise its not really a reward system, if everyone can buy the best pack.

Lastwolflord
11.10.2012 , 07:43 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I don't know why, but I got the distinct feeling that Blaine Christine either hated the Cartel Packs or thought they were going to drive players away. I'm no body language expert, but to me his facial expression screamed: "I don't like this."

Of course, I could be 100% wrong and he could thing the idea was positively brilliant.

Thats what I was thinking too. Seemed like he felt a little douchey having to tell us about this.