Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rubberbanding/PvP stutter is back!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rubberbanding/PvP stutter is back!

Majspuffen
11.09.2012 , 10:50 AM | #1
For me and a lot of my friends, 1.3 caused us to stutter in pvp after being victim of a knockback (force push, spike). For example, once you've recovered from force push, if you try to run away you'll stutter back to the position you had landed 3 of 4 times. This just happened to me, I had gotten up on my feet, stunned the sith warrior and ran away, and I got nowhere.

1.4 did fix this issue, but now it is back. And it is very frustrating. Doesn't seem to happen to everyone, either, but it does happen to enough people. This was never an issue prior to 1.3.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

SlimsPicken
11.09.2012 , 12:52 PM | #2
A lot of things werent issues prior to 1.3

Dont know what they did to "optimize" their shadows or whatever, but it simply destroyed framerates.

I get stutter, lag spikes of up to 15 secs frozen on screen, ability delay, etc. all of which has occurred mainly after 1.3, and 1.4 made much of it worse.

This is the most important factor in not being able to enjoy pvp or pve gameplay for me- I simply dont get good response from the game technically, making it near impossible to enjoy the good parts of the game due to poor performance of the engine.

I really wish they would just concentrate the majority of their workforce and troubleshooting time to performance issues. If the game doesnt play well, nothing else really matters, we can talk about nerfs/buffs/balance etc, but if you cant play the game because of technical issues, all the rest just doesnt matter.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Majspuffen
11.09.2012 , 02:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
This is the most important factor in not being able to enjoy pvp or pve gameplay for me- I simply dont get good response from the game technically, making it near impossible to enjoy the good parts of the game due to poor performance of the engine.
Whole-heartedly agree. The game has really degenerated ever since 1.2. I bought a new computer, specifically to play this game in december, and up until 1.3 I could play without any lag whatsoever. Nowadays I get random lag, fps drops and, as mentioned in the title, rubberbanding. It isn't just in pvp either, if I get knocked off my feet by an NPC, I'll stutter too.
Lambaste!

MorgothQuick
11.09.2012 , 02:46 PM | #4
Rubberbanding is so bad, that if you get stunned in a fire pit now in Huttball and your cc breaker is not on cd, there is no point using it as you'll die anyway.

Majspuffen
11.09.2012 , 07:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothQuick View Post
Rubberbanding is so bad, that if you get stunned in a fire pit now in Huttball and your cc breaker is not on cd, there is no point using it as you'll die anyway.
That actually happened to me today. I was force pushed into the fire, and immediately popped my cc breaker and ran out of the pit only to stutter back into it. I died <.< ... this is a huge issue. I don't know what code they screwed up, but this did not happen in 1.2 or prior.

Please fix Bioware.
Lambaste!

Lafay
11.10.2012 , 03:39 AM | #6
signed...

LordSkyKnight
11.10.2012 , 05:25 AM | #7
Yeap this is happening to me as well. On the flip side of the coin, I have been using punts to kick people off the platforms to only have them rubberband right back up to the spot.
Soon ()

I love the people who say they don't take the game too seriously but post on the forum from sunup to sundown.

Majspuffen
11.16.2012 , 10:57 PM | #8
Bumping this thread.

1.5 was released and rubberbanding is as bad as it was in 1.3.
Lambaste!

MorgothQuick
11.16.2012 , 11:40 PM | #9
Its like they don't know or don't care

LoL-K-Noob
11.16.2012 , 11:44 PM | #10
If this issue affected their wallet like the never consume consumable exploit and their consumable cartel items, servers would go down ASAP for 4 hour maintence to fix like it did previously