Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1000 exp and two shot by operative.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1000 exp and two shot by operative.

cycao
11.09.2012 , 08:22 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I find it ironic that back when I played my assassin, hybrids got nerfed then darkness spec got OP. Now it seems darkness got nerfed and hybrids got OP again. If only mercs would have been so lucky.
Ah yes I remember the first hybrid build when you did not need lightning charge to proc raze...that was awesome.

Capt_Beers
11.09.2012 , 08:41 AM | #32
Maybe he means 1000 experience points?
<Super Bads> - POT5 - <WE ARE FARMERS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration

pqgarvis
11.09.2012 , 08:51 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Xevey View Post
Title says it all.
While your leaving a ton of information out I agree with your perseption of being 2 shot.

If I crit my first two attacks on a 1k Exp target it would be somewhere around:

ShootFirst > 5.5K damage
Backblast > 5k damage
Flechette (6 second duration) > 4k

This is a burst Open: flechette, shootfirst, backblast combo.

So a recruit in 14-15k Health can technically be 2 shot, and flechette is the lube. Most people when attacked by Operative/scoundrel just see there health drop so fast 6 seconds can seem like 2 globals.

HammerHermann
11.09.2012 , 10:16 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by pqgarvis View Post

So a recruit in 14-15k Health can technically be 2 shot, and flechette is the lube. Most people when attacked by Operative/scoundrel just see there health drop so fast 6 seconds can seem like 2 globals.
Technically that's 3 shots and the 3rd is 28% of his health.

cycao
11.09.2012 , 10:24 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHermann View Post
Technically.

pqgarvis
11.09.2012 , 10:27 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHermann View Post
Nope it's 2, flechette is not an an attack, and until I can just cast flechette on someone without shootfirst or backblast that won't change.

Flechette benefits 2 scoundrel attacks, like hitting someone with an 8 ounce glove on vs bare fist, it's still only one hit.

Wainamoinen
11.09.2012 , 10:28 AM | #37
Well, if you're going to wait for Flechette Round to wear off you might as well call it a 5-shot., because that's how many GCD's you'll have to wait for.

SF to start, then four more abilities while you wait for Flechette to do all its damage.

Still not close to a 2-shot. And like I said, you're not going to see many 5.5k Shoot Firsts (or 5k Back Blasts) on someone with 1000 expertise. You're talking something like 16-17% mitigation at that level.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

pqgarvis
11.09.2012 , 10:36 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Well, if you're going to wait for Flechette Round to wear off you might as well call it a 5-shot., because that's how many GCD's you'll have to wait for.

SF to start, then four more abilities while you wait for Flechette to do all its damage.

Still not close to a 2-shot. And like I said, you're not going to see many 5.5k Shoot Firsts (or 5k Back Blasts) on someone with 1000 expertise. You're talking something like 16-17% mitigation at that level.
I see it almost every day, and you can't compare GCD time to # of attacks. Assassins can use crushing darkness instant on a proc(madness tree) which has an initial hit with a few second dot attack for a total amount of damage...this is still one attack.

DarthOvertone
11.09.2012 , 12:24 PM | #39
Did the OP unsub as a result? That's the real question.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | War Hero Alphabond - Sniper | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Technohic
11.09.2012 , 12:31 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Did the OP unsub as a result? That's the real question.
Oh crap! He hasn't posted.

Brace yourself operatives! It's coming in dry!