Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

DarthSylar
11.09.2012 , 10:27 AM | #231
In story mode flashpoints, i just assume that the player is new and wants to enjoy the story. However if we're doing a HM that you could solo (BT/Essells, Boarding Party/Taral V, Foundary/Malestrom Prison) then you need to space bar. I;m even tolerant with Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, Directive 7 and Kaon since u can't solo SM, but it does drive me a bit crazy.

Eshmael
11.09.2012 , 10:28 AM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc.
There is a StoryMode. If you want to see the story then play SM. An even if i have seen everything a thausand times i have the patience to wait. But if there is someone playing a HM FP and wants to see everything then i feel free to anoy him with different ways to mention that there is a spacebar to push. =)

huggaa
11.09.2012 , 10:31 AM | #233
Think I'm going to get one of my old key boards out and remove the space bar and only play Tor with that one

chimex
11.09.2012 , 10:43 AM | #234
If someone starts TELLING the group to spacebar, I'm going to suddenly confuse that with the esc key until they stop telling the group to skip story. Of course, if they ask, I got no issue with remembering where I left my spacebar.

What takes longer, watching dialogue or starting it over and over?

x
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

errant_knight
11.09.2012 , 10:49 AM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc.
I don't do pugs at all anymore because of the general attitude that it one doesn't, they're putting everyone else out. For some of us, the story, even well known and repeated, it the only thing that makes doing the same things again bearable.

SebastiaanZ
11.09.2012 , 10:53 AM | #236
I usually ask if they want to spacebar or not, if they don't I don't mind letting them watch the cutscenes. I always watch the cutscenes of the fps I haven't done before. Got kicked from a group a few times because of it, because the others, apparently first did not pay attention to me wanting to see it and I was like okay then you won't mind, and then suddenly kicked me. That was before I got into a guild ...
The Skygardia Legacy LVL 50
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
GM of Silent Eclipse

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.09.2012 , 11:44 AM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by huggaa View Post
Think I'm going to get one of my old key boards out and remove the space bar and only play Tor with that one
Hope you don't ever need to jump

Cupelixx
11.09.2012 , 03:28 PM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshmael View Post
There is a StoryMode. If you want to see the story then play SM. An even if i have seen everything a thausand times i have the patience to wait. But if there is someone playing a HM FP and wants to see everything then i feel free to anoy him with different ways to mention that there is a spacebar to push. =)
You shouldn't assume that Story Mode implies that's the only place to expect to see story in a story-driven game. An FP possible to run solo is not a reason to expect everyone to spacebar. The story is present in HM as well, and in a lot of cases participation is required to advance the instance.
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

Prettyevilish
11.09.2012 , 09:39 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
EXACTLY what they're doing. Ironic isn't it. The feeling of superiority these people feel is sickening. Thank GOD I don't run into their type often.
If I haven't seen the story then I want to see it. I rolled a healer (and play with a tank) so that I can have the pleasure of doing that, something that some of you already had the pleasure of doing since you started way before me, and thus seem to think that only YOU matter.

If someone wants to leave and re-queue, because they don't like us watching the cutscenes we have never seen (or even ones we've already seen but just feel like watching again), they are obviously allowed to do that. We'll even vote kick them (on request) so that they don't have to deal with the lockout timer. But can almost guarantee the wait for a DPS to get back in is going to be longer than the wait for us to watch the cutscenes, so you weigh your options and deal with it.

It's not a feeling of superiority, it's a feeling that I FINALLY get to enjoy the STORY I paid for. I played Battle for Ilum and False Emperor many, many times with my first toon and NEVER got to see the story because of 'spacebar!' people. If I have to be a jerk (and roll the two necessary parts of the team) to these same people in order to watch it, then so be it. I paid for the story and I will HAVE my story.

If you don't like that someone is playing the game the way BW intended it to be played (with the story intact) then roll your OWN tank and healer.

MOPSFounder
11.10.2012 , 01:00 AM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
SPACEBARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its like watching the same 4 reruns of a TV show everyday for 6 months.
Agreed.