Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Axes? Really?

goreblade
11.09.2012 , 10:07 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
yeah and do you know what is the funny about that? well light sabers can cut through metals but now you can fight a Jedi/Sith with 2 metal Axes against their Light saber lol, go play Lotro ppl at least better looking Axes there.

the worst than that is the THRONE which you can DRIVE!

now would it be kinda stupid for a Jedi/Sith to change his Light sabers with normal AXES? hmmm guess not because the freaking Axes gonna do the same damage as a light saber, WELL DONE BIOWARE!
ever heard of cortosis?
"Make him doubt himself, his beliefs, or his intentions. Such things disrupt connections to the Force—and death soon follows." -HK-47

Xenirath
11.09.2012 , 10:08 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by kmontyw View Post
Well, building something into the lore post 4/5/6 and confabulating an awkward explanation does not make it rigorous or logical. Midachlorians anyone? If lightsabre hilts were able to be made from such metal, why are they continually severed by single strikes in the movies?

But the inelegant constructed lore is a side issue really. Axes and Jedis? Sarcasm aside, it's a complete dilution of the fantasy. You guys are undermining your own universe.
It isn't diluting, it is enhancing. The axes aren't new to lore, gamorreans use em. Whats to say some evil jedi or sith doesn't take the axes and use them as a trophy like revan took the mandolarian mask?
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

kmontyw
11.09.2012 , 10:09 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Troopers and Jedi running around in slave bikinis and we are stuck on axes...
I say we just throw a portal in each Fleet to Dalaran, Iron Forge, and Stormwind, and be done with it.
I am an international man of mystery... or am I

Xenirath
11.09.2012 , 10:09 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Troopers and Jedi running around in slave bikinis and we are stuck on axes...
We prefer the term "Battle Lingerie", it is made of the finest Debrillian Star Silk infused with the best upari crystal inlay.
1)Religion
2)Politics

Xenirath
11.09.2012 , 10:10 AM | #35
I say we just throw a portal in each Fleet to Dalaran, Iron Forge, and Stormwind, and be done with it.
This is star wars, not star trek. We don't have wormhole technology god.
1)Religion
2)Politics

Frog_brains
11.09.2012 , 10:10 AM | #36
So first of all There are many different species and races in star wars and not all of them use lightsabers or blasters. There are Vibroswords, and techblades, electrostaves, vibroknives, and yes from day 1 the Gamoreans have been using axes, and like the above poster says mandalore is seen using an axe as well. So that it is available as a equipable item in the game doesn't bother me.

For those of you who are worried about "Lore" please remember that a jedi is trained to make use of all available resources on the battlefield to resolve the conflict. This could mean using the force to drop a piece of machinery on someone, or cut them with a lighsaber, or if they're lightsaber is taken away or damaged grabbing another item from the battlefield, be it a vibrosword or a electrostaff, or yes even an axe, to continue the fight. It may not be preferable or the most comfortable weapon for them to use but i don't see why it shouldn't be "allowed"

What I'd actually like to see and maybe I can get some feedback on this from the community is actually an ability to use any weapon in the game on any character.

Before you all go ape on me please read it through:

1) you'd get a various scale of debuffs for that weapon depending on how different it is from your main weapon.

example : as a trooper, you should be familiar and comfortable using most "gun style weapons" so you have have only say a 5 or 10% debuff on the damage of the weapon,and obviously wouldn't be able to use any of the AC abilities. But with a lightsaber or a vibrosword, now you get a 25% or 40% reduction on the damage rating, and are just able to use it in a standard way.

This way if you choose to use it there's no play advantage to being able to equip other items. but you could use it as a social ability or in a RP immersion.

Like youre using an axe as a sith warrior, because you took it from the gamorean cheiftan and your using his weapon as a signal to the rest of the gamoreans of what you did (Btw this happens in real life militaries now)

Vinjar
11.09.2012 , 10:13 AM | #37
I miss using a gaffi stick.

FINNT
11.09.2012 , 10:14 AM | #38
It's odd that You can't make any melee weapons from Mandalorian Iron. Or can you?
:laser:

ImperialSun
11.09.2012 , 10:14 AM | #39
So, Jedi/Sith will be running around with axes instead of lightsabres come the F2P release. Axes. Do they come with Dwarven beards as well? Can they be upgraded to kitchen knives perhaps?

You say Jedi, I immediately think "ax". It's a natural part of the fantasy, and lore. This is going to be so great.
Bladed weapons sit well within the lore. Maybe you should do some research before commenting?

Sith were famed for their bladed weapons before proto sabers and later light sabers became prevalent.

Not only that but axes, pikes and swords were all common place in the early SW universe...before blasters became common place. Errr...whats the problem here?

Oh I get it, you are just annoyed that players will have additional ways in which to customise their appearance? No? Then I have no clue what your problem is

Driz

MelodicSixNine
11.09.2012 , 10:15 AM | #40
Well OP I guess you could call it... the axe effect