Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1000 exp and two shot by operative.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1000 exp and two shot by operative.

Wainamoinen
11.09.2012 , 07:18 AM | #21
Just for fun (I'm at work on my lunch, fun is relative), I thought I'd see what my top Shoot First was. I'd just emailed myself some of my latest combat logs this morning.

For reference, I'm a full optimised WH-aug scrapper talented for max dps, no hybrid nonsense. So I'm doing pretty much the biggest hits a scoundrel can hope to put out.

In the last three weeks I did 1,758 Shoot Firsts (been taking it easy and playing other games too or would have been more).

The average damage was 3,091

The highest recorded single hit of these 1,758 Shoot First s was 6,388. I suspect that was a screwy result though, because I know the player it was on and there's no way he was in anything other than WH gear himself.

Next highest hit was way back at 5,886. Now I can believe getting that if the stars aligned (warzone buff, debuffs on target, etc) on a zero-expertise sorc. I got the same guy for 5,285 with Shoot First earlier in the same wz.

Added to which, as helpfully pointed out above, you can't chain Shoot Firsts as it has a 8s cd.

So no, there is no way in SWTOR your man got hit for two 7k Shoot Firsts one straight after another. If he was the worst geared guy in the world, and the scoundrel was as lucky as can be, he might have taken two hits of 5.5k each with a gap of 8 seconds. If he was wearing recruit, he's not that guy.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Technohic
11.09.2012 , 07:34 AM | #22
Maybe the OP has only 10k health or otherwise has for some reason removed endurance mods? I don't even thing that is possible.

Anyway. Yeah. Nerf Operatives.

(And if Bioware is listening. That is called a joke. Just wanted to be clear)

Hialot
11.09.2012 , 07:43 AM | #23
ya ever think it was a full WH/aug'd Siper? where 2-3 5k crits can happen easily.
THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

vimm
11.09.2012 , 08:05 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
no no no wait wait, I got it, nerf hyrbid shadows
Please do, lol.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

cycao
11.09.2012 , 08:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Please do, lol.
Id be totally fine with this.

vimm
11.09.2012 , 08:14 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Id be totally fine with this.
As someone who has every class to 50 and geared, I feel objective in saying that hybrid is overpowered.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Technohic
11.09.2012 , 08:19 AM | #27
I find it ironic that back when I played my assassin, hybrids got nerfed then darkness spec got OP. Now it seems darkness got nerfed and hybrids got OP again. If only mercs would have been so lucky.

Wainamoinen
11.09.2012 , 08:20 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
(And if Bioware is listening. That is called a joke. Just wanted to be clear)
Too late, no take-backsies.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

cycao
11.09.2012 , 08:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
As someone who has every class to 50 and geared, I feel objective in saying that hybrid is overpowered.
After strictly only playing full darkness/hybrid for the first oh 80 valor levels (just my measure of time) and now only playing dps I can say how easy the hybrid is and with an exceptional player at the keyboard can out dps our dps specs.

Technohic
11.09.2012 , 08:22 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Too late, no take-backsies.
Damnit!

Well. I suppose if you want a new ship, you gotta sink the first one before the insurance company will help you out.