Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Foundry(spoilers) WHAT THE !!!!???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Foundry(spoilers) WHAT THE !!!!???

TuxedoTuck
11.08.2012 , 02:40 PM | #21
I haven't done The Foundry myself, but from the videos I've seen on YouTube, when you defeat Revan, he disappears in a large shine of light. No one actually saw the corpse so who's to say that he died?
"When you think you finally did something on your own, nope. The Force was with you."
-Anonymous

Wolfninjajedi
11.08.2012 , 03:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TuxedoTuck View Post
I haven't done The Foundry myself, but from the videos I've seen on YouTube, when you defeat Revan, he disappears in a large shine of light. No one actually saw the corpse so who's to say that he died?
Well you didn't see Obi-Wan's corpse but he died....so he could be dead. I mean he did actually die in the beta, I think they went with what it is now just to not piss of Revan fans and if they want to, they could bring him back for something else or whatever.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

maxetius
11.08.2012 , 07:49 PM | #23
It's a chapter 2 story, so you got:

1. The apprentice of Darth Baras who eats Jedi for breakfast. (Sith Warrior)
2. The winner of one of the Great Hunts, so probably one of the four best Bounty Hunters in the Galaxy, and so far the only character i've played who can kill Jedi WITH DIALOGUE. (Judo throw followed by a shot in the face. Not even a darkside choice.]
3. A Sith Sorceror who has eaten 3 Sith ghosts.
4. James [or jane] Bond.

Yeah, it can happen. Besides, what was the level cap in KOTOR?

Aurbere
11.08.2012 , 09:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
It's a chapter 2 story, so you got:

1. The apprentice of Darth Baras who eats Jedi for breakfast. (Sith Warrior)
2. The winner of one of the Great Hunts, so probably one of the four best Bounty Hunters in the Galaxy, and so far the only character i've played who can kill Jedi WITH DIALOGUE. (Judo throw followed by a shot in the face. Not even a darkside choice.]
3. A Sith Sorceror who has eaten 3 Sith ghosts.
4. James [or jane] Bond.

Yeah, it can happen. Besides, what was the level cap in KOTOR?
The Inquisitor hadn't eaten any ghosts by the time of the Foundry encounter. So the Inquisitor now, is much more powerful than he/she was at the time of the Foundry.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rassuro
11.09.2012 , 07:45 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The Inquisitor hadn't eaten any ghosts by the time of the Foundry encounter. So the Inquisitor now, is much more powerful than he/she was at the time of the Foundry.
Not sure what level you did The Foundry at, but the mission is level 37 if I remember right, which puts it right after Taris, which is where the SI ate the third ghost.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

Aurbere
11.09.2012 , 10:40 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rassuro View Post
Not sure what level you did The Foundry at, but the mission is level 37 if I remember right, which puts it right after Taris, which is where the SI ate the third ghost.
Right. I forgot about the pre-Taris ghosts. lol. Been a while since I played my Inquisitor
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

mjfarmer
11.11.2013 , 01:41 AM | #27
It's been a while since I read the Revan novel. The question that comes to me; how did Revan escape the emperor?

Girdeux
11.11.2013 , 04:51 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mjfarmer View Post
It's been a while since I read the Revan novel. The question that comes to me; how did Revan escape the emperor?
The 4 republic(class) heroes saves him. But the Emperor allowed it to find the foundry.

Darth_Wicked
11.11.2013 , 10:25 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
The 4 republic(class) heroes saves him. But the Emperor allowed it to find the foundry.
Hmmmm... I believe you're confused.

According to Darth Malgus, the Emperor wanted the location of the Foundry but he was never able to get it from Revan, despite having him imprisoned for 300 years. Thus, the plan to let Revan go and having him lead the Empire to the Foundry was devised.

Having done the Jedi Prisoner story-arc, Republic side, we all know better though.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

Zardac_the_Great
11.11.2013 , 11:20 AM | #30
I was disappointed at the Foundry story. Yes, I played KOTOR and yes, I am a Revan fan. The novel also left me...strangely unsatisfied.

But what I dislike the MOST about the Foundry is that HK-47 is way harder to kill off than Revan was. My groups have wiped at HK several times (especially when healer won't freaking HEAL!) but I've never wiped at Revan.

What I like about the Foundry is the Miraluka Jedi Revan has seeded through the place. I usually make a joke about how they must be the "good twins" of my Miraluka Sith.