Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

DShiflet's Avatar


DShiflet
05.20.2012 , 11:39 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Entropicus View Post
So I know tank spec with dps gear is the hot thing, does it work as well with tank gear in a dps spec?
Not really, the reason people use DPS gear in tank spec is cause tank spec has a lot of inherent, talent based survivability, only a small percentage of their durability comes from actual tank gear, so using DPS gear allows them to also put out lots of damage while still retaining much of the survivability of a tank.

OTOH, using tank gear in DPS spec only very marginally enhances your survivability(since you lack the defensive talents of Darkness, which is where much of their survivability comes from, not the gear) especially if you don't also run in tank stance. And you lose a large portion of damage by using tank gear, and lose even more if you run in tank stance(since the other specs base much of their damage around being in the appropriate non-tank stance), it's just not really a good idea.

Ilikedagunz's Avatar


Ilikedagunz
05.21.2012 , 10:07 AM | #212
Been playing assassin since release. Started as Madness, but switched to deception in my 20s, and been toying with that ever since. I might give this another look soon, but this is what I've got.

0/33/8
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZhGrRkhrbtzZf0c.1

Just as a quick look already, I might take the 2 out of Static Cling and put them into Insulation.

DShiflet's Avatar


DShiflet
05.23.2012 , 10:49 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilikedagunz View Post
Been playing assassin since release. Started as Madness, but switched to deception in my 20s, and been toying with that ever since. I might give this another look soon, but this is what I've got.

0/33/8
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZhGrRkhrbtzZf0c.1

Just as a quick look already, I might take the 2 out of Static Cling and put them into Insulation.
Unless you PvP a lot, you'd be better off taking the 2 out of Static Cling and putting them in Thrashing Blades instead. More damage on one of your primary moves is much better than Static Cling, unless you PvP a lot where Static Cling is actually somewhat useful. Regardless of rather you PvP or not, Insulation is a waste.

rnmedic's Avatar


rnmedic
10.23.2012 , 10:15 AM | #214
cant wait for the updates
V'fib
Atervis Legacy

Xethis's Avatar


Xethis
10.23.2012 , 11:11 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by rnmedic View Post
cant wait for the updates
Necro'd a thread started before the game actually launched, good job bruh.

Athroktar's Avatar


Athroktar
11.07.2012 , 02:56 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Xethis View Post
Necro'd a thread started before the game actually launched, good job bruh.
An update would be nice...

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
11.07.2012 , 07:15 PM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Athroktar View Post
An update would be nice...
Quite an in-depth update here.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

Athroktar's Avatar


Athroktar
11.09.2012 , 01:23 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Squidkidz View Post
Quite an in-depth update here.
Why thank you kind sir... i did not know that, bookmarked and thanks are in order.

EDIT: That's for PVP, have a PvE one handy?

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
11.09.2012 , 11:00 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Athroktar View Post
Why thank you kind sir... i did not know that, bookmarked and thanks are in order.

EDIT: That's for PVP, have a PvE one handy?
Unfortunately no =/, however some of the specs listed in that guide are useful for PvE but no one has taken the time to write up a PvE specific guide.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

Athroktar's Avatar


Athroktar
11.16.2012 , 12:09 AM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by Squidkidz View Post
Unfortunately no =/, however some of the specs listed in that guide are useful for PvE but no one has taken the time to write up a PvE specific guide.
I hope someone takes the time to do this, i wish i knew more about it and how to do it or i wouldn't but all that stats and math stuff isuck at.. so i'll be a sheeple i guess.