Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Setsugetsuka
11.08.2012 , 07:44 PM | #941
Quote: Originally Posted by HauksbokT View Post
As opposed to sticking them in a server where the Q times are beyond ridiculous?
Because people are *********** idiots, it's that base.
Look, if people go to the server, that means there'll be people there, right? Instead, people just want to go to the US server instead of sticking together as a community. No wonder APAC is falling apart, majority are just whiners who won't do anything to fix the problem and would rather bail. Pathetic.

scullzomben
11.08.2012 , 07:59 PM | #942
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
Because people are *********** idiots, it's that base.
Look, if people go to the server, that means there'll be people there, right? Instead, people just want to go to the US server instead of sticking together as a community. No wonder APAC is falling apart, majority are just whiners who won't do anything to fix the problem and would rather bail. Pathetic.
And how do you propose we fix the problem? Re roll to Dalborra? Not happening. I have 8 50's, legacy 50, SO SO many things unlocked. There is no way in hell I would re roll to a server nearly as dead as my own.

The best thing we can do right now, and it is disgusting, is to get as many people as possible to avoid the APAC servers like it is the black death, so that when Bioware does it's re-evaluation of the servers, and sees that F2P hasn't helped, they will merge the servers, and then everyone can get their transfers.

Jarlgon
11.08.2012 , 08:05 PM | #943
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
The best thing we can do right now, and it is disgusting, is to get as many people as possible to avoid the APAC servers like it is the black death, so that when Bioware does it's re-evaluation of the servers, and sees that F2P hasn't helped, they will merge the servers, and then everyone can get their transfers.
they would close the servers if that were to happen. Best bet is to try and get all APAC f2pers to go on one server, forcing them to merge to that one server and closing the other two (with a choice of transfers to NA/EU servers for those who want to)

Setsugetsuka
11.08.2012 , 08:13 PM | #944
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
they would close the servers if that were to happen. Best bet is to try and get all APAC f2pers to go on one server, forcing them to merge to that one server and closing the other two (with a choice of transfers to NA/EU servers for those who want to)
This. Bioware has to pay for those servers, if you force people to not play on those servers, then Bioware will simply see it as a way to ease their payload, closing the servers for good and forcing everyone in APAC to play on US servers.

scullzomben
11.08.2012 , 08:16 PM | #945
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
This. Bioware has to pay for those servers, if you force people to not play on those servers, then Bioware will simply see it as a way to ease their payload, closing the servers for good and forcing everyone in APAC to play on US servers.
You honestly think that?

There is still at least 70 per faction online on MDN of a night. With obviously Dalborra and Gav being higher, do you really think they would just shut down ALL three of the APAC servers, and ship those 400+ people back to US, when a single server would be a much better solution.

ChuangTzu
11.08.2012 , 08:21 PM | #946
I've basically told people that are interested to answer this.

Would you prefer a ~200+ ping, but a guarantee to ALWAYS be able to PvP (or other content), or would you prefer <50 ping, with possible 30+ minute wait times to PVP (or other content)?

Thats really what new APAC players need to ask themselves.
Your missing the point, more ppl = shorter queues. So everyone should recommend new ppl to use the APAC servers. It's use them or lose them basically!
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Jarlgon
11.08.2012 , 08:27 PM | #947
You honestly think that?

There is still at least 70 per faction online on MDN of a night. With obviously Dalborra and Gav being higher, do you really think they would just shut down ALL three of the APAC servers, and ship those 400+ people back to US, when a single server would be a much better solution.
it would be, but with the way the way you want the f2pers to go will make Bioware choose the easier solution (closing APAC servers altogether). Even if we can get around 200 per faction on one server with what he have now, they would see it as too much of a risk to keep them open.

scullzomben
11.08.2012 , 08:30 PM | #948
You guys are even more doomsday theorists than I am. Some paranoid parrot **** up in here.

Jarlgon
11.08.2012 , 08:34 PM | #949
You guys are even more doomsday theorists than I am. Some paranoid parrot **** up in here.
I am not a doomsdayer. I was using logic, which doesn't get used enough, to come up with a more viable way and think like company exec's do.

sankalp
11.08.2012 , 09:08 PM | #950
Havent seen a lot of dalborrans making alts on MDN. Whats up with that?