Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring Back OLD Charged Burst Sound

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bring Back OLD Charged Burst Sound

SaddleBear
10.26.2012 , 06:02 PM | #1
Don't like the new sound of charged burst... too tinny and it kinda hurts my ears. I almost wanna quit my smuggler and go play my jedi until you fix this "nails on the chalkboard" sound....

Javaans
10.27.2012 , 01:49 AM | #2
they don't care about it

Helig
11.01.2012 , 04:22 PM | #3
I kind of like it. Sounds like a turbolaser...
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Stenrik
11.04.2012 , 12:58 AM | #4
Yeah I don't get why they couldn't have just reduced the volume of the old one. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

EGNbusa
11.04.2012 , 11:46 AM | #5
yea i cant figure out why they changed to the gay pew pew sound, i benched my new smugg because of it, i got attacked by a gunslinger the other day and was laughing my *** off at the sound lol
Magoth- 50 Anni Mara
Gancath-50 Bodyguard Merc
Mordor- 50 Deception Sin

JekRendar
11.08.2012 , 04:23 PM | #6
It's not that I don't like the new sound, I, like the OP, prefer the original.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

ForsakenKing
11.08.2012 , 05:00 PM | #7
Was i the only one that thought it was weird that our charged burst sounds more "macho" than the commando's weapon. I prefer the new version. it sounds like it is actually come from a small blaster rather than a starship cannon.

JekRendar
11.11.2012 , 08:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
Was i the only one that thought it was weird that our charged burst sounds more "macho" than the commando's weapon. I prefer the new version. it sounds like it is actually come from a small blaster rather than a starship cannon.
Lies. We're Smugglers. We define macho by our natural demeanor.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Stenrik
11.12.2012 , 12:37 AM | #9
^ I can imagine some smugglers wanting to put silencers on their weapons because they value subtlety. But I think of gunslingers as being much more flashy. They would be more likely to enhance the sound of their weapons, just to be more badarse.

macumba
11.12.2012 , 03:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
it depends on the commando weapon.

try the end of chapter1 reward weapon and the level 34 pvp weapon (there are a few that really have that macho sound)
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.