Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
11.06.2012 , 03:50 PM | #2071
Short short is short.

Solitude, with some Disguises thrown in.

Spoiler

Striges
11.06.2012 , 08:20 PM | #2072
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
For me (err, context, this refers back to Striges' in Bread and Circuses) it wasn't assuming things because Rixik is male so much as reading that he opens with nuzzling and lazy embraces and moves on to a philosophical "Ah well. He was neither the first nor the only Twi’lek sex toy" and "Food like this and good sex? Could do worse." He's clearly aware he's not in charge and clearly still capable of enjoying aspects of it; hence my saying that the owner's smile could be considered sexy. If a female character were in that situation with that thought process I would be applauding her for the calculation, earnestly hoping she can use the new job to her advantage, and watching the owner carefully. Which is...pretty much how I felt for Rixik.
Apologies. This is what happens when a writer knows the character (Siri, in this case) better than they've shown the readers. I didn't see her that way. Mea culpa. You are correct, that was absolutely Rixik's mindset at that point.

@ Iamthehoyden: I mentioned this earlier: I love Gault. I love that Gault gets to be the good guy here, by being who he is. He cares for Skari in his own way. Lots of fun. Crae is cool here too (both in the sense of cool character and cool as a cucumber) but it's fun to see him get outmanouvered by a greedy Devaronian and the rest of "the pack".

@ Kabeone: I've made an angel food tire and encased a spice cake in caramel-flavored cement. I sympathize with Remi, trying so hard to make something nice for someone you love, and having it turn out inedible. Intro, before introducing the cake, was delightful misdirection.

@ irishfino: Ald's equating the Sith code to the most basic survival needs is natural in his situation, as well as a bit disturbing. He seems like such a fun guy later.

@ Tatile: I so want Rochester and Broan to be happy again. Rochester realizing that Lord Naught isn't exactly the same person as Broan is painful. As is recognizing that he's not in love with both of them.

Striges
11.06.2012 , 09:46 PM | #2073
Prompt: Food

Characters: Jealousy (Sith Inquisitor), Khem Val

Title: Jealousy’s Dream

Spoilers of a sort for SI Korriban. And double post, sorry.

(edit) Portrait

Notes:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Tatile
11.07.2012 , 05:47 AM | #2074
Striges, that was wonderfully worrying. I think because of the Zash thing, a lot of people (myself included) have forgotten just how casually malicious Khem Val can be.

Magdalane
11.07.2012 , 09:18 AM | #2075
Nicely done, Striges.
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Striges
11.07.2012 , 10:51 PM | #2076
Prompt: Loneliness, Solitude

Characters: Sha’ra’zaed (IA), Kaliyo cameo.

Title: Who You Are

Very minor spoiler for the fact that you have a love interest in the IA storyline. Vague, might-be-considered-a-spoiler mention of overall events in Act 3. Nothing obvious. Takes place after Memento, sometime early in Agent Act 3. Just over 700 words.

Apparently, this has been an inspiring pair of prompts for me.

Note:
Spoiler

Spoiler

kabeone
11.07.2012 , 11:19 PM | #2077
Solitude
Grey (Remi)
The flood of Remi!
This is her earliest time as a bounty hunter. lots of little pieces that are kind of linked but long (3k words sorry)

Spoiler

@Tatile Broan and Rochester you made me like them together so much. *sniffle*

@Striges Creepy Khem! He deserves some time to be scary considering how often we love to humiliate him around here. Also, Sha'ra'zaed's gift ... she's so alone, i'm not sure if she'd feel sad about being reminded or glad to have something to help her remember.

Selentar
11.08.2012 , 12:45 AM | #2078
Prompt: Worlds Colliding or Worlds Apart (I know, I'm late for this one ) a.k.a. love seen from different perspectives

Featuring Xania and Andronikos/Lilith and Vector

Some mild innuendo...

Note:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Magdalane
11.08.2012 , 01:41 PM | #2079
Striges, loved the Sha'ra'zed piece. The tension mounting to the gift, a gift she would never enjoy, was great!

Kabe, always love getting insight into Remi/Grey, and this was awesome for giving us some details of how she gradually came to be the bh.

Selentar, such a contrast from the Sith to the Agent in terms of seriousness and the ability to talk to companions! Nicely done!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
11.08.2012 , 04:10 PM | #2080
Ninja submitting prompts while the regular staff isn't looking!

Week of 11/7/12
Seasons - In space there are no seasons. But in a galaxy of thousands of worlds, it's every possible season at once, and not just the four temperature-variation ones. Write about some of the seasons your characters have experienced.
Tools of the Trade - We all use tools in our everyday lives, whether it be a skill like one's persuasive powers, equipment like one's weaponry, or the right bit of knowhow to solve the problem without the need for that weaponry. Write about the tools that your characters depend on...or the ones they avoid using.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.