Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop guarding the healer in Flash Points!

Lord_of_Mu
11.05.2012 , 08:25 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
The magical secret to playing video games well is to adapt to the situation.!
I completely agree. A player should always be mobile and adapt to the environment as it changes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
Follow it up with a note that the healer will need the guard if the adds can't be picked up in time, and that they might switch guards if it comes to that during the fight. In proper explanation form, they might get why and spread the good word!
This is one example that I wouldn't spread around. It's the tank's job to pick up adds or at the very least ask a dps to perform said job. If any adds are ignored, you can bet they'll head straight towards the healer. No amount of threat reduction will change that.

toyfanatic
11.05.2012 , 09:00 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Ognajd View Post
So the point of the thread is guarding healers creates complacency in tanks?
I guess it is........ here is a new idea , don't guard anyone.

Karkais
11.06.2012 , 01:54 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Avatarless View Post
And the real issue is.. if a DPS dies does anyone care? If the healer dies.. well yeah your in trouble.
In a HM flashpoint, if dps dies at a bossfight it usually means wipe if the rest cant kill the boss before enrage.
At least used to. Now that everyone is overgeared its not so simple.

ps. If I would be a tank, I would observe who takes the most damage and move guard on that person. From what I have observed, it tends to be the dps.

pps. If the players are good, they can get away with lots of silly things.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Fracta
11.06.2012 , 03:13 PM | #144
Guarding healers is retarded. That said They are the only one apart form me that is ever going to be attacked by something. They are never going to pull threat, its the fact that they are getting hit at the very very start of the fight, the 5% DR might be useful.

Guarding healers is retarded.
Vossen / Ascendancy

Ailie
11.07.2012 , 11:01 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Fracta View Post
Guarding healers is retarded. That said They are the only one apart form me that is ever going to be attacked by something. They are never going to pull threat, its the fact that they are getting hit at the very very start of the fight, the 5% DR might be useful.

Guarding healers is retarded.
Especially since they are rarely actually in range for it to be active.

SoonerJBD
11.08.2012 , 02:51 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Especially since they are rarely actually in range for it to be active.
The threat reduction is always active. The only part of guard that has a range is the 50 percent damage reduction against other players.

NoFishing
11.08.2012 , 03:58 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
Healer threat is a non-issue unless mobs are not being tagged for whatever reason, and when they aren't being tagged, 25% isn't gonna change it one way or another. Enrage timers are MUCH more of a mechanic in this game than healer threat.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

/thread