Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elitenz
11.08.2012 , 12:38 PM | #931
Well I have some forums setup aswell and you won't get banned it would be good to see the oceanic community that want's to say certain things that can't be posted on these forums but you can on mine.

http://www.swtor.co.nz

Setsugetsuka
11.08.2012 , 03:52 PM | #932
So there it is guys, next thursday is F2P, get the word out and maybe, hopefully, we can lift the numbers just a bit.

Roalmo
11.08.2012 , 03:55 PM | #933
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
So there it is guys, next thursday is F2P, get the word out and maybe, hopefully, we can lift the numbers just a bit.
Oh, lord, with the current bugs in play?

What are they thinking?

Chaori
11.08.2012 , 04:02 PM | #934
To be honest I'm surprised how many people have voted to have free transfers away from the APAC servers rather than have them merged. You realise that if the servers were merged we would have a higher population than any of the US servers? Why would you want to transfer to a US server with 200 latency instead of keeping APAC around with <30ms?

simplius
11.08.2012 , 04:04 PM | #935
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Oh, lord, with the current bugs in play?

What are they thinking?
apparently its their last hand,,they might as well play it

but yes,,even as a F2P game with lightsabers,,its still wanting,,A LOT

but lets see,,those lockboxes seems to have went well in STO,,maybe it will happen here too

Roalmo
11.08.2012 , 04:08 PM | #936
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
...Why would you want to transfer to a US server with 200 latency instead of keeping APAC around with <30ms?
It's those EVIL PvPers, even if they swear to play nice, you just can't trust them.

Evgen
11.08.2012 , 05:44 PM | #937
I couldn't deceive any of my friends and tell them it would be a good idea to play on an APAC server, not after complaining here for the last few months XD
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Setsugetsuka
11.08.2012 , 07:12 PM | #938
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
I couldn't deceive any of my friends and tell them it would be a good idea to play on an APAC server, not after complaining here for the last few months XD
Deceiving? Are you daft? It's the best idea for the current moment, building up population is better than abandoning the servers completely. If you're just going to be a stick in the mud, then seriously, **** off.

HauksbokT
11.08.2012 , 07:30 PM | #939
Deceiving? Are you daft? It's the best idea for the current moment, building up population is better than abandoning the servers completely. If you're just going to be a stick in the mud, then seriously, **** off.
As opposed to sticking them in a server where the Q times are beyond ridiculous?

scullzomben
11.08.2012 , 07:43 PM | #940
I've basically told people that are interested to answer this.

Would you prefer a ~200+ ping, but a guarantee to ALWAYS be able to PvP (or other content), or would you prefer <50 ping, with possible 30+ minute wait times to PVP (or other content)?

Thats really what new APAC players need to ask themselves.