Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is there goin to be a chapter 4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
is there goin to be a chapter 4

SupremeLegate
11.05.2012 , 01:46 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by rngeasterling View Post
I know for a fact that the dev who did most of work for the Consular story is gone, yet the dev who did the knight story is now the lead writer. This does not seem like surrender on story content but more like a course correction for the direction that the story will take. The consular story was one of the less popular while the knight got rave reviews so it seems to me like Bioware and EA are going to continue the story and have put their most skilled writer in charge. Just my two creds though I admit that I am not an expert.
I think all that really affects is who will be writing the story, the story will be written just by someone else and might go a different direction as a result.

But we have also been told that Makeb(sp) will further the class stories, similar to how The Avengers continues the story of Iron Man-Hulk-Thor-Captain America.

errant_knight
11.05.2012 , 02:11 PM | #42
Not meaning to fan the flames, because I'm certain they know how much people want their class stories to continue, but layoffs weren't based on popularity of material. The writers for the agent and warrior stories are gone too. That being said, I doubt they laid people off because they wanted to and people are screaming for more in every aspect of the game. Right now, the loudest screaming is about endgame, so that's where they'll have to focus their remaining resources first. It's like trying to appease an angry daycare. First they'll pass out soothers, then we'll see more story further down the road.

rngeasterling
11.07.2012 , 07:37 AM | #43
So what form do you think that the story on Maykeb(sorry, I have trouble with this planet's name) will take? Will we have to team up with other classes since it might be more like the Avengers? Will we have companion dialogue? Just curious to get some opinions.

Karkais
11.07.2012 , 07:45 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
not meaning to fan the flames, because i'm certain they know how much people want their class stories to continue, but layoffs weren't based on popularity of material. The writers for the agent and warrior stories are gone too.
whaaaaaat??!
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Arodin
11.07.2012 , 03:21 PM | #45
I have this concern about the story content, too. I think the source of these concerns come from interviews at Gamescom... here are some of the quotes when they were specifically asked about story:

Matthew Bromberg, GM of Bioware Austin:
http://vid.buffed.de/video/10222/SWT...ar-WarsMMORPGs
Quote:
"In the immediate future, the next few months, we're focused on group content not solo content. From a strategic perspective, I think it's very very important for us to introduce group content very frequently. So we're very focused on that, I believe in that."

"We're going to continue to add to the story, but we're going to do MORE group event based content than we did before, like the event which is going on now, we have a warzone coming up, a new operation, we're going to focus a lot more on those kinds of things. My own feeling is that on an on-going basis, multiplayer is really where our future is."
Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer:
http://vid.buffed.de/video/10276/SWT...r-Jeff-Hickman
He was specifically asked about the above interview, and what the future holds for the story content:
Quote:
"Even some of the things Matt is talking about really will continue to be focused around story. It's what makes this game great, it's that '4th level' that we take the game to of story that Bioware is so famous for..."

"Here's some of the things we found: we basically said, look we know that players, just from our data and what people are saying, we know that players love our warzones, they love operations, they love flashpoints, they love the events that we do, so we've been focusing on quickly getting some of those pieces out: a new warzone, a new operation, we just had a new event start two days ago, so we focused on that for our six week rate and we've looked at story content, such as the planet Makeb, as something that will take us a little bit longer..."
So they're not going to come out and say "yep, class story content is on the backburner, don't hold your breath story fans!" But if you read between the lines, yeah they're clearly focused hard on warzones, operations and group events, and story is a side thing now.

Heimskringla
11.07.2012 , 05:40 PM | #46
If I had to guess, I would guess that there's not a big rush for Chapter 4. We may see individualized chapters for each class, but I doubt it. I hope I'm wrong, because I really want to see what can possibly happen next for my Warrior. I also would like to see a competent writer redeem my bumbling oaf of an Inquisitor. I would guess that Q2 2013 or 2014 are the earliest we will see class story updates.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

chuixupu
11.07.2012 , 07:16 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
whaaaaaat??!
About the IA's writer, he announced he was leaving Bioware to go freelance a while back. I follow him on Twitter. I have no doubt about his sincerity that it was entirely his decision to want to branch out into new things and nothing to do with having issues with Bioware. He also said he wrote a ton of material for future content that hasn't been introduced in the game yet.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

DarthCraeth
11.08.2012 , 01:07 PM | #48
I'm not convinced that the class story itself will continue, but they may try to integrate some aspects of that part of the game (like companions) into the main narrative.

revansowns
11.08.2012 , 01:23 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
It will. A recent interview with Hall Hood,the new lead writer, had him likening story content to the Marvel superhero movies like Iron Man,Thor,The Hulk etc and The Avengers. Basically, the leveling class story was the individual "movie" and new story content will be more encompassing of all the classes and group story centric like the Avengers was.
Oh man I would love that, although I'd still want me a Chapter 4

Spoiler
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

BrianDavion
11.08.2012 , 01:58 PM | #50
The Sith Warrior and Sith Inqusitoner have exactly what incentive to take down the Empire?