Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did tanking just break?

Altheran
11.08.2012 , 11:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by XakTsaroth View Post
Also infiltration/deception technique causes internal damage on 25% chance with hits so yeah they do plenty internal damage as well.
It has been negelected on purpose, this is only a little bit of the whole DPS, which excluding Force Breach/Discharge that I forgot, is full kinetic/energetic damage. And I'd also mention that the hits from technique and charge are low (hits as hard as a DoT) while the thread was about high damage spikes in the 3-5K range that why I thought he was speaking about Force in Balance and Death Field.

XakTsaroth
11.08.2012 , 12:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
It has been negelected on purpose, this is only a little bit of the whole DPS, which excluding Force Breach/Discharge that I forgot, is full kinetic/energetic damage. And I'd also mention that the hits from technique and charge are low (hits as hard as a DoT) while the thread was about high damage spikes in the 3-5K range that why I thought he was speaking about Force in Balance and Death Field.
Well if you only consider burst then I suppose but I play infiltration with use of Battle Readiness which makes the technique damage double so looking at 800 plus internal per damaging hit on 25% chance. Two hit attacks like clairvoyant strike with an added 800 internal damage that often seems like plenty of damage that is not easily reduced. Tree allows for the cool down on Battle Readiness to be reduced so it can be used often enough but used as an opener it is very punishing alone in my experiences.

Xak Tsaroth
He who teaches also learns...