Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark side Consular works or not?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Dark side Consular works or not?

GenXCub
09.27.2012 , 12:21 PM | #11
While I haven't tried it (as I usually play Empire), Light Side Empire storylines are actually quite awesome. You could argue that the Agent doesn't matter as they're kind of autonomous operators. Bounty Hunters that are LS are, as was said before about the Consulars, more pragmatic. Just slightly less bloodthirsty.
THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!

kustrin
09.27.2012 , 01:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jarshr View Post
Darkside Consular makes perfect sense, but what I think bioware writers didn't realise is, you really have to read between the lines and make huge assumption for it to work.

how does this work? well

Spoiler

lol long

however ultimately darkside does work and in many parts is great, yet chapter 1 darkside actions are unexplained and full of holes that frankly, bioware writers should have stamped out 3 years + ago.
Lol you're right about that Ravijari guy from from the Prologue. I completely forgot about him since it's been so long since I started my sage.

I've hated the Consular story so much in Acts 1 and 2 that I've had a really hard time summoning the motivation to play her (although i must say, Sage healing absolutely ROCKS!!).

Completely off topic, but for me the best "opposite of expected dark/light alignment" class to play is the Lightside Sith Warrior.

A light side warrior is completely awesome in a snarky, know-it-all, sarcastic, highschool ****** kinda way. Don't know how my Sith elders don't strike me down, but it's fun taunting and smirking at them the whole story long.

Plus Vette completely falls in love with you. That's a win in my book :P

clearsighted
09.27.2012 , 05:48 PM | #13
The only way to go Dark Side consular and have it make sense, is to embrace your role as a 'Shadow', which is namely as a covert ops type, grey area Jedi.

You have to pretend that the whole healing side of the storyline doesn't exist, and that you are being sent out to take care of insane jedi, and keep it on the down-low as possible.

Dallayna
11.08.2012 , 12:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by kustrin View Post
Lol you're right about that Ravijari guy from from the Prologue. I completely forgot about him since it's been so long since I started my sage.

I've hated the Consular story so much in Acts 1 and 2 that I've had a really hard time summoning the motivation to play her (although i must say, Sage healing absolutely ROCKS!!).

Completely off topic, but for me the best "opposite of expected dark/light alignment" class to play is the Lightside Sith Warrior.

A light side warrior is completely awesome in a snarky, know-it-all, sarcastic, highschool ****** kinda way. Don't know how my Sith elders don't strike me down, but it's fun taunting and smirking at them the whole story long.

Plus Vette completely falls in love with you. That's a win in my book :P
First, it's not all that off topic because, let's face it- they're both still playing "against the grain." (BTW? You're also forgetting just how fun it is sticking your tongue out at all those hypocritical Jedi that turn just because you walked into the room when you're trying to get a hold of Jaesa and my favorite one was the Master you got to laugh at while hiding behind the parents on Alderaan.)

Of course, that's got me thinking now that I've gotten around to starting my Consular on whether or not I should go Dark or Light. Darn... And I had hoped I had already made up my mind already too....