Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So why can't I add augments to my stuff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
So why can't I add augments to my stuff?

Feskitt
11.08.2012 , 03:38 AM | #1
Just turned lvl 49, wanted to add some purple lvl 22 augments to my stuff.

As you can see in this picture, everything seems in order. Yet when I click, nothing happens. Tried all armors and objects.

Also, that gladiatorial armor I'm wearing... It already has a MK-6 augment slot in it, that I added many levels earlier. (and upgraded w/ one of the new purple 22 augments)

So I was able to do it earlier... but not now?

Tracer Missile wasn't even close to a Merc's most powerful attack.
Suckwads spammed it, other suckwads lost to it.
Most apparently didn't even know they had an interrupt. Smart nerf, BW!

MishraArtificer
11.08.2012 , 04:40 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Feskitt View Post
Just turned lvl 49, wanted to add some purple lvl 22 augments to my stuff.

As you can see in this picture, everything seems in order. Yet when I click, nothing happens. Tried all armors and objects.

Also, that gladiatorial armor I'm wearing... It already has a MK-6 augment slot in it, that I added many levels earlier. (and upgraded w/ one of the new purple 22 augments)

So I was able to do it earlier... but not now?

Your Augmentation Kit needs to be in your Inventory when you go to put the Augmentation Slot in an item. Don't leave it in your Cargo Hold.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Karkais
11.08.2012 , 04:41 AM | #3
If you are clicking "buy augment slot" in that screen and nothing happens, I suspect its a bug of some sort, or disconnection with the server or something like that..

edit: Or what above poster said
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Feskitt
11.08.2012 , 11:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Your Augmentation Kit needs to be in your Inventory when you go to put the Augmentation Slot in an item. Don't leave it in your Cargo Hold.

Yup, this was it. Noteworthy: Augmentation Kits must be in personal inventory, unlike most (all?) other crafting materials for other crafting.

Thnx!
Tracer Missile wasn't even close to a Merc's most powerful attack.
Suckwads spammed it, other suckwads lost to it.
Most apparently didn't even know they had an interrupt. Smart nerf, BW!

Telanis
11.08.2012 , 11:44 AM | #5
I'd report that in-game as a bug. If it needs to be in your inventory (which I'm guessing isn't intended) then the UI shouldn't show that everything is A-OK when it's not.

Meepbot
11.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Feskitt View Post
Yup, this was it. Noteworthy: Augmentation Kits must be in personal inventory, unlike most (all?) other crafting materials for other crafting.

Thnx!
Well the thing is, an MK-6 augment kit is not a crafting mat. Its a crafting schematic, its more similar to a biochem stim or a cybertech grenade, in other words, a single-use item. Therefore, it makes more sense to have it in your inventory before using it, as you cannot use stims or grenades from your cargo hold That being said, it should be reported as a bug that it shows you can use it on the screen
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

venomlash
11.10.2012 , 07:16 PM | #7
Similar to trading in PvE gear tokens. If you have a token for a piece of Columi or Rakata gear in your cargo hold, the vendor entry will read as green, but still won't let you buy the corresponding item.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony