Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
11.08.2012 , 08:23 AM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
A skilled premader has an average lower skill than a skilled pug. The pugger has had to adapt to better spatioal awareness, not being able to rely on the teammates doing exactly what he is expecting them to do and not having a know team composition.

Basically, a skilled pugger has had more challenges than a skilled premader. Hence, better.
even if truth, omg,***,ftw skilled uber pugger will loose cause turret defender will go afk or follow 'that recruit sage is is to scared to come any closer' and will get ninja capped

(for the record, I do both, mostly solo que)

Pugging, I have to adapt to stupid, premading I have to adapt to team play.
Grass is always greener on the other team..
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
11.08.2012 , 09:33 AM | #512
sub50s premade needs much more TLC than just getting rid of premades. mostly because bolster can only do so much and the gear gap is HUGE.

That said. I group for lowbies. It's an MMO, remember?
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.² <Infinite Darkness>

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
11.08.2012 , 10:27 AM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
A skilled premader has an average lower skill than a skilled pug. The pugger has had to adapt to better spatioal awareness, not being able to rely on the teammates doing exactly what he is expecting them to do and not having a know team composition.

Basically, a skilled pugger has had more challenges than a skilled premader. Hence, better.
First off lets do away with the myth that every pug group only plays against premades. It's propaganda used by the people complaining and wanting to paint a picture of gloom and doom. I PUG all the time and this is so far from the truth it's almost funny. Same goes with the "I only win 1 out of 25" that's pure horse manure.

A Pugger is better skilled at playing for himself and would probably do great in death match type of play but it takes way more skill to pay attention to where your team mates are and to coordinate with them in a ever changing battlefield. So please save your theory crafting, anyone who plays on a regular basis knows what I'm saying is true.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Ashaari's Avatar


Ashaari
11.08.2012 , 10:46 AM | #514
And your experience on your server makes it true for everyone else ?

There are servers where you can play against the same pre-mades from the same top PvP guilds all night and for most nights of the week. There are servers where you can queue all night solo and get a queue pop once an hour, because that faction slmost exclusively pre-mades - switch to the opposing faction and you will face pre-mades primarily.

Your experience is true for you and therefore valid, just dont assume it works the same way for all servers.

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
11.08.2012 , 10:58 AM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashaari View Post
And your experience on your server makes it true for everyone else ?

There are servers where you can play against the same pre-mades from the same top PvP guilds all night and for most nights of the week. There are servers where you can queue all night solo and get a queue pop once an hour, because that faction slmost exclusively pre-mades - switch to the opposing faction and you will face pre-mades primarily.

Your experience is true for you and therefore valid, just dont assume it works the same way for all servers.
I still find what you say unlikely since you don't state which server, but let's say your right. You can either find good players that play when you do and organize, wait for paid server transfers, re-roll on a better server (The Shadowlands has plenty of PvP action and if your serious about PvP contact me on Pezz or Alen) OR find a game that offers what your asking for.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Veniras's Avatar


Veniras
11.08.2012 , 11:25 AM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
First off lets do away with the myth that every pug group only plays against premades. It's propaganda used by the people complaining and wanting to paint a picture of gloom and doom. I PUG all the time and this is so far from the truth it's almost funny. Same goes with the "I only win 1 out of 25" that's pure horse manure.
Are you on my server? No!

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
11.08.2012 , 11:52 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Are you on my server? No!
Then read my other post for your options.....and what server is this btw?
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.08.2012 , 04:17 PM | #518
I play on the Jedi Covenant server when I hit solo Que I can't even travel from the fleet to another planet without the join button popping up. The longest I have had to wait was maybe pushing 20mins but most of the time at any time of the day I seem to get in in about 10-15mins, the que is fast on my server. However it seems like this on some servers as well as mine, it's very 1 sided stacked. For my server it's 1 sided in favor of the republic. I have been randomly que'd with premades on the empire side but in almost every game that I play the republic side has a premade. When your playing it's easy to notice the same people day in and day out playing on the same team. I have heard rumors that there is a decent sized group of people from various guilds on the republic side that have banded together for PVP purposes at all hours. I made a republic char and at level 11 i started doing PVP and almost every match I won and was in a premade group. All the elitists can say is "make your own group" well firstly sorry I play at all kinds of off hours. Secondly I have been playing for all off a month and a half and to think I could just start grabbing the good PVP players on the empire to combat the seemingly always on large group of premades on the republic side is laughable, things like that take a lot of time.

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
11.08.2012 , 04:43 PM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
I play on the Jedi Covenant server when I hit solo Que I can't even travel from the fleet to another planet without the join button popping up. The longest I have had to wait was maybe pushing 20mins but most of the time at any time of the day I seem to get in in about 10-15mins, the que is fast on my server. However it seems like this on some servers as well as mine, it's very 1 sided stacked. For my server it's 1 sided in favor of the republic. I have been randomly que'd with premades on the empire side but in almost every game that I play the republic side has a premade. When your playing it's easy to notice the same people day in and day out playing on the same team. I have heard rumors that there is a decent sized group of people from various guilds on the republic side that have banded together for PVP purposes at all hours. I made a republic char and at level 11 i started doing PVP and almost every match I won and was in a premade group. All the elitists can say is "make your own group" well firstly sorry I play at all kinds of off hours. Secondly I have been playing for all off a month and a half and to think I could just start grabbing the good PVP players on the empire to combat the seemingly always on large group of premades on the republic side is laughable, things like that take a lot of time.
Sorry your life style inhibits your game play and sorry that you give up before you even try'n to find others to group with. But both reasons fall on your side of the fence and we can not help you there. But I guarantee you there are some good pvper's on your side that probably group together and the only work would be to find them. Good luck
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Nassik's Avatar


Nassik
11.08.2012 , 04:43 PM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Letting pre-mades meet pugs will end in a lower PvP population as it will DRIVE AWAY pugs. Both regulars and new players.
This is a simple truth.
The EA/Bioware decision to go free to play does cater to a revolving door of players, but they do want those players to stick around long enough to spend some money. Nothing will drive those new players off faster than a bad gaming experience, and letting pre-mades annihilate newcomers will do just that.

It's not a question of skill, experience, or even fairness. In the end, it comes down to money. And you simply can't make money if no one sticks around to play your game.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian