Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dusting off a messed up level 50: advice needed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Dusting off a messed up level 50: advice needed

Technohic
11.08.2012 , 08:52 AM | #1
So I have been tired of leveling alts and was going to do one last one and cap comms and try to be as close to 50 ready as I can, but I just am tired of doing it. I need a break from the sub-50 bracket and the questing. So, I decided to pull out my sniper that has sat dormant since the class quests were finished 3 toons ago, because my heart has always been with my sniper for play style.

Couple of problems here were I had recruit gear (not MK2) for everything except boots, gloves, helm and pants, which are BM. I upgraded to MK2 on the parts that have recruit but I now am sitting at 1050 expertise, 15k+ health, 13k+ cunning, ~35% crit, 100% accuracy, ~110% tech accuracy, and ~70% crit multiplier for some things just off the top of my head. The biggest mistake I think I made was not upgrading my weapons first and it is now the MK2 sniper rifle.

I am wondering what I should address first. Is there something I should look for in augments to help dig me out of the hole before jumping in to PvP?

That brings up another problem. Funds are low. I have just over 100k and my crafting skill of biochem is only at 245 ATM. Not to mention I am rusty so I set off to do some holocron hunting and practice my rotations, which at minimum I want to do to at least re-familiarize with my hot keys and shake the rust.

Basically, I am trying to get this toon ready for PvP and didn't do myself any favors back when I leveled him and am looking for advice on how best to procede.

Armadyil
11.08.2012 , 09:06 AM | #2
Id say your stats are OK for the gear you have. Guess its best when you just queue to gear up and to get to know your class. If you can find a pvp guild you'll probably win a lot more; more comms and more fun.

About the augments, you have lots of alts right? Just take a armormech one to craft you purple lvl 50 cunnings or a armstech to craft purple lvl 50 powers, they are both good. If you are low on money you can either sell some of your augments, do boring pve dailies or set some of your alts on slicing.

Just explore your possibilities and you ll get better and better. I dont know your spec, but that shouldnt be a problem as all three sniper specs are viable in warzones.
"Peace shall bring thee wisdom,
and wisdom shall bring thee peace."

Technohic
11.08.2012 , 09:12 AM | #3
I have alts a plenty, but since I leveled them, I didn't really pay much attention to their crew skills as a lot of them, I figured I would be done with after they finished their story.

Money wise, it might be my best bet to do the PvE dailies. whenever I can with as many alts as I can I suppose. Funny that it won't save me from questing on my leveling toons, but at least I will have all the abilities I guess. lol

As far as spec, I am at 35/3/3 marksman. Figured the AOE defense on entrench might come in handy lately; but can't help but wonder with the low weapon damage if I might be better off going lethality for now. I guess at the same time, engineer could be better as well. If I am thinking about it right and MM is more reliant on weapon damage.

DaedalusV
11.08.2012 , 10:06 AM | #4
As long as you're below the gear curve and unaugmented, go for a support build, pure dps is not your strength so go for utility. Your team will thank you (aoe is your friend, area denial for capping will make your opponents hate you.)
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

Technohic
11.08.2012 , 10:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
As long as you're below the gear curve and unaugmented, go for a support build, pure dps is not your strength so go for utility. Your team will thank you (aoe is your friend, area denial for capping will make your opponents hate you.)
Yeah, was just looking at engineering after my last post and reminded me of plasma probe by a door.