Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Let the Jedi use his light saber

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Let the Jedi use his light saber

LuciferinDNA's Avatar


LuciferinDNA
11.07.2012 , 09:24 AM | #1
Suggestion to let Sage/Sorc to use his willpower for melee dmg bonus as well as Shadow/Assassin.

Would it make the AD class op ?
I don't think so.. in operations, FPs, PvP... you still will use your main skills with this change (you should)

Till they don't have tanking tree, they still have to make distance if the game needs there rolls (OPs, FPs, PvP...)

But it would make the illusion, that you can use your saber as well like a Jedi class (pve, where you would win any way with your skills)

Do I ask weeks of scripting from the devs?
I don't think so , )

Please support if you agree!

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
11.07.2012 , 09:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LuciferinDNA View Post
Till they don't have tanking tree, they still have to make distance if the game needs there rolls (OPs, FPs, PvP...)
This sentence makes no sense. Can you explain what you mean?

LuciferinDNA's Avatar


LuciferinDNA
11.07.2012 , 10:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
This sentence makes no sense. Can you explain what you mean?
When my TK ticks 720 ¤ 5 from 30m I won't start to go close and hit a melee class/npc with my saber in a bubble on me what resists 1 hit - when my team need maximum support of my class(wz, op, fp) I won't be able to allow a luxury like that just for fun, but it could bring some fun in pve where you would win any way, how I mentioned it and handle the issue, that Sage/Sorc can't use there light saber (everyone, who plays an mmo based on SW and roll a Jedi wanna have some use of its light saber , ))

just one example but it goes to all main AD skill

If its still confusing for you, please take your time and ask.

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
11.07.2012 , 01:28 PM | #4
I support this (as a Shadow).

I think it wouldn't make them OP, because they don't get any benefit from using melee abilities, they don't use accuracy, they don't have a weapon that give an increased melee bonus damage (double-bladed lightsaber does).

toyfanatic's Avatar


toyfanatic
11.07.2012 , 03:35 PM | #5
As a shadow I ask why?
When people spam fleet and ask shadow or sage - I say sage. Why use the saber other than for deflection? Sage is a jedi /wizard class. As the otherside of the spectrum I wish I could cause ruin from affar. But I am perfectly happy being melee, so why do you not want to be ranged? OP with your post about boosting saber damage by using the willpower modifier it would make the class some what unbalanced. The other consular AC doesn't have skills that boost their willpower- the ones in the skill tree I am refering too. Also their willpower is significantly lower than yours, to trade they use higher base weapon damage to offset the difference.
If there was a re-ajustment to add this , it might make the sage require a major class overhaul. The low armour raiting is unusable for melee, the inspiration for the class was palpatine. Who always fought from afar. You do know that shadow has 1/5 or 1/6th of your mana? Why should you get their best asset when they don't get yours?
So why do I prefer sage then? It was a pain to be married to a healer pet leveling till 50. I enjoy the sages versitility more as I lvl one.

LuciferinDNA's Avatar


LuciferinDNA
11.08.2012 , 05:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by toyfanatic View Post
As a shadow I ask why?
When people spam fleet and ask shadow or sage - I say sage. Why use the saber other than for deflection? Sage is a jedi /wizard class. As the otherside of the spectrum I wish I could cause ruin from affar. But I am perfectly happy being melee, so why do you not want to be ranged? OP with your post about boosting saber damage by using the willpower modifier it would make the class some what unbalanced. The other consular AC doesn't have skills that boost their willpower- the ones in the skill tree I am refering too. Also their willpower is significantly lower than yours, to trade they use higher base weapon damage to offset the difference.
If there was a re-ajustment to add this , it might make the sage require a major class overhaul. The low armour raiting is unusable for melee, the inspiration for the class was palpatine. Who always fought from afar. You do know that shadow has 1/5 or 1/6th of your mana? Why should you get their best asset when they don't get yours?
So why do I prefer sage then? It was a pain to be married to a healer pet leveling till 50. I enjoy the sages versitility more as I lvl one.
Way? From the reason, that it could be fun and to roll a jedi in an mmo based on SW and you can't use your light saber could lead to frustration (I don't even get how the devs missed it..)
I don't say that it will be here/his main skill, but let here/him use that saber!

Pardon me, but what deflection are you talking about? How Sage's saber connected to this issue? : ) (I don't get it , )) You mean defense skill? Only a bobby Sage gear for defense. And if it connected to saber, then every class have one in there pocket? : p

I have a lvl 50 shadow, its my main char, so you say it has lower force bar? What about the regeneration? You sure you know your class well? , )
I'm not against the shadow, like I sad I have one (it was my first char at launch and still playing with it) and I know well, that sage never will be able to hit by melee even with my suggestion, like melee AD classes do.
The reason is simple, the Sage don't have melee support skills. even with my suggestion a Sage will never ever out DPS any other class by using here/his saber. It would be impossible!

By the way, if we compare to other classes:

How the hell it could be in this game, that Trooper, Bounty hunter, Smuggler, Imp agent who are ranged classes (30m) can hit like a truck with there range weapon by melee and a jedi class in a world of SW can't use the light saber??? Even if the mentioned classes has heavy, medium gear...

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
11.08.2012 , 05:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LuciferinDNA View Post
How the hell it could be in this game, that Trooper, Bounty hunter, Smuggler, Imp agent who are ranged classes (30m) can hit like a truck with there range weapon by melee and a jedi class in a world of SW can't use the light saber??? Even if the mentioned classes has heavy, medium gear...
I'll quote you to underline that Commandos hit as hard as Vanguards when using Stockstrike, and that Snipers hit as hard as Operatives when using Shiv.

Quote: Originally Posted by toyfanatic View Post
OP with your post about boosting saber damage by using the willpower modifier it would make the class some what unbalanced. The other consular AC doesn't have skills that boost their willpower- the ones in the skill tree I am refering too. Also their willpower is significantly lower than yours, to trade they use higher base weapon damage to offset the difference.
The melee bonus damage from Double-bladed Lightsabers is so high comparing to regular Lightsabers so that even with the +9% Willpower that Sages get, they won't be able to surpass Shadows. For a Shadow, his Double-bladed Lightsaber will give him about the half of his total melee bonus, a regular Lightsaber bears almost 20% less melee damage. So a sage will lose almost 10% of the total melee damge in comparison of Shadows. Now considering the +9% Willpower (the other half of the melee damage if I don't consider Power), it would give them almost 4.5% more than Shadows. But the gain and the loss added make a 5.5% loss. Sages would never be able to do better melee damage than Shadows.

Ycoga's Avatar


Ycoga
11.08.2012 , 07:07 AM | #8
The last thing shadow damage needs is a buff!
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

LuciferinDNA's Avatar


LuciferinDNA
11.08.2012 , 08:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
The last thing shadow damage needs is a buff!
Pardon me Sir Yooga? : )
I would happily support Shadow, my favorite class, but are you sure, that you reply to the right thread? : )

Ycoga's Avatar


Ycoga
11.08.2012 , 09:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LuciferinDNA View Post
Pardon me Sir Yooga? : )
I would happily support Shadow, my favorite class, but are you sure, that you reply to the right thread? : )
Assassins and shadows are difficult enough to fend off as it is without buffing their melee damage

imho of course
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny