Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nilrem
11.08.2012 , 02:13 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I just want to point out one thing: this blog was written a few weeks ago, so if it reads that way...well, that's why!
Incoming but truthful rant:

So you all knew this was written "weeks ago" but instead of giving a more accurate assessment of F2P you decide to rehash stuff that has been in the public purview for at least a month? It doesnt take long to write a half dozen paragraphs pointing out all the pros and cons of the system as it sits on the PTS right now and how you have made changes due to player feedback, or are you afraid to see that when it is all laid out everyone (who hasn't already realized) that your F2P and Preferred model is only a ploy to make people come back to boost your numbers for your 1 year mark? Those of us that have been watching the info and playing the PTS have seen that you wont bring back many people to the game that will become subscribers in the long run UNLESS YOU BRING OUT CONTENT REGULARLY. You have been saying 6-8 weeks for months and adding one or two Operation's in 6 months and only 1 new WZ is not really new content. neither is fixing bugs new content, or adding better shadows or better lighting through leaves. we have been hearing for months about Cathar as a new race, a new WZ, revamped open world PvP, a reworked/retooled Space combat (the one you have been teasing looks to still be on rails). Give us x-wing vs Tie PvP as space combat and I think most would be happy. Give us one new WZ and one new Op every other 6 weeks and we would be happy. KEEP THE OLD BUGS THAT HAVE BEEN FIXED OUT OF THE NEW CODE and we would be happy. As a whole we love the SW IP, we love the class dynamics we dont like waiting on content and waiting on bug fixes. dont wait until tuesday to put out bug patches, the engine was suppose to allow you to fix bugs and upload them to the live servers without to much trouble, why did that not happen?

This is the true state of the game and everyone knows it.
Drae'lin
Revenant Order
The Ebon Hawk

Freaky_Barber
11.08.2012 , 02:14 AM | #62
I feel really sad for now, with my knowledge that F2P coming out. No, I don't want to say that i regret about my time spent in this game, I only start to regret about my money spent to this, because I wont have any point of my previous subscriptions (exept cartel points wich i dont really need), because now F2P eliminates need in my future subscribings. For now, the only thing wich will keep me subscribing will be only my love to this game. It is really sorrowfully isnt it?
"We are many, You are but one."

Drewmen
11.08.2012 , 02:29 AM | #63
The sub fee kept the rif raf off the game servers

chuixupu
11.08.2012 , 02:33 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Freaky_Barber View Post
I feel really sad for now, with my knowledge that F2P coming out. No, I don't want to say that i regret about my time spent in this game, I only start to regret about my money spent to this, because I wont have any point of my previous subscriptions (exept cartel points wich i dont really need), because now F2P eliminates need in my future subscribings. For now, the only thing wich will keep me subscribing will be only my love to this game. It is really sorrowfully isnt it?
This makes no sense. If you love the game and will keep subscribing, how do you regret spending money on it?

Also subscribers get a lot better experience then the free players.

And I am proof that sub fees did not keep rif-raf off the servers.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

ripster
11.08.2012 , 02:41 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
This makes no sense. If you love the game and will keep subscribing, how do you regret spending money on it?

I think there is some sort of Law that applies when half the people wonder what the point of a subscription is and the other half wonder why they won't be able to play the same without one.

To people complaining this is old news, not everyone lives on the forums and fan sites, for many this is NEWS.

Elminster_cs
11.08.2012 , 02:41 AM | #66
Quote:
"The second core rule is that subscribers should not experience any degradation of their gameplay experience. Those of you who are still paying a monthly fee should still get the same gameplay experience and you won’t find anything taken away from you and the gameplay that you currently enjoy. Furthermore, we really wanted to be sure that in no way would subscribers feel they needed to make purchases from the Cartel Market in order to be competitive in the game."
This is true... but not completely. The clear example is that... actually you can obtain all item in the game with the cartel market you have to pay for them! And THIS IS PART OF THE GAMEPLAY... last patch you "recolorize" the gear and you put in the market new look like gear... this is not fair... idem for sppeders, stuff and so on... you have so many gear in the DB and probably you will release most of them in market and not in the game... as i say this is unfair and change the gameplay...

Cbaoth
11.08.2012 , 03:00 AM | #67
Not sure how I feel about that "preffered status thing", does anyone know what greatly reduced limitations means? I mean what is the difference between a sub status and a preferred status?
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

Freaky_Barber
11.08.2012 , 03:46 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post

I dont need faster EXP if i already max level.
"We are many, You are but one."

Furies_
11.08.2012 , 03:47 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
Personally I think that the "subscribers will not have any degration in gameplay experience" part should be number one rule

EDIT: Oh
this!

Styxx
11.08.2012 , 05:47 AM | #70
Quote:
We are literally granting millions of dollars worth of Complimentary Cartel Coins as part of this program
No, you don`t. You gave some pixels to access some other pixels.

Want to give something? Put the money worth of cartel coins onto my CC
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.