Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

fix sin tanks

wetslampigduex
11.07.2012 , 11:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
The 1.3 changes were a nerf, but only because assassin/shadow tanks were so over-powered prior to the patch. I have the numbers to back it up; assassin/shadow tanks were vastly beyond the other two tanks in terms of overall survivability. The nerf brought them back into line.

The self-heal is a lot better than you think it is. As for those 6k hits… Technically, TFB HM has the following damage profile:
  • Tentacle Slap – 800 (very frequent)
  • Tentacle Slam – 7.8k (infrequent)
  • Monsterous Swipe – 2k (moderately frequent)
  • Phasic Spittle – 8.5k (infrequent; so much so as to be negated by a cooldown)

I see nothing in there that really concerns me. The slam is the worst offender, but it happens with sufficient infrequency that it's not really cause for alarm. TFB HM is actually a very low damage boss if you're doing it right, not unlike all of the other bosses in current content. Fun fact: bosses in Nightmare KP hit harder than anything in HM EC/TFB by nearly 40%.
Have to agree with the Ninja here... Jarg and Sorno NiM there is/seems to be more dmg than any other fight in the game, but it is purely a tank and spank fight where as the newer ops are much more mechanics based

LadyTributary
11.07.2012 , 03:10 PM | #12
From the healer's perspective, I'd note that it's almost never about the size of the hit. If the assassin is using his damage and mitigation properly, he is no harder to heal than a juggernaut or powertech. There might be more spikes, but large spikes are infrequent (as noted by the Ninja above) and can generally be healed from easily.

No, the most dangerous thing to a tank's health is injured DPS. A healer who is trying to patch up DPS isn't healing the tank. And when the tank goes for a long time without heals, his survivability drops precipitously. Judicious use of cooldowns helps with this, naturally. Although a tank who cannot hold threat will certainly have issues with injured DPS, some mechanics do damage an entire raid without being avoidable, and the DPS themselves failing to avoid avoidable damage is the major issue rather than anything the tank can control.

I am given to understand that assassins are complicated, and as such, people are more likely to play them poorly. However, a well-played assassin is a joy to heal. I do not think there is anything at all to fix here.

Except stupid. I can't heal stupid.

sankalp
11.07.2012 , 08:56 PM | #13
PLEASE BW FIX MY ASSASSIN. Give ME MOAR MITITGATION AND HP NAO!!! I WANT MOAR THAN 70% SHIELD and 30% DEF OR I DIE FROM SLAM IN TFB.

I would personally love getting a BUFF from BW on my sin tank but it will prolly cause all Juggs to force choke themselves and all PTs to overheat. Sins are the easiest tanks to hold aggro on. They are the best at havnig CDs nearly always available due to low CD,a nd they have a fair few of them. The heals I rock with tell me what they can see me at 30% health and not panic as they know that if I have taken a masive hit just now, it will be a while before I take another.

But, I would love BW to get my armor back to 150%. Also, FFS BW, no DG pieces have the robust 27 mod(41 absorb). None at all, not for juggs or PTs or sins. Hate winning DG gear, going to the vendor and telling the ops "does someone want this, please take it as apart from the armouring its all useless for a sin tank"