Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Dispatch: HK-51 Activated

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Dispatch: HK-51 Activated
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lionflash
11.07.2012 , 12:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Darker and edgier? How I hate it when people say that, like it is a good thing. Most stuff that tries to be dark and edgy is just crap.
Crap like Tim Burton's revamp of Batman when before that batman was mostly seen like this?

Sure, sometimes it fails, but personally I like that SWTOR's story tries to take it self seriously and tries to lean towards darker themes.

Darth_Haderach
11.07.2012 , 12:56 PM | #12
Looks amazing! Very glad to see content quality keeps going up.

Dellenty
11.07.2012 , 01:10 PM | #13
Looking good, like the new mount that's actually something new rather than a reskin.

I like the idea of dailies that need a full group due to mechanics hope these can not just be powered though anyway.

The new world boss sounds interesting but really another "I Have seen him somewhere before" moment. Come on there are so many cool creatures in the Star Wars universe and these guys just keep reusing stuff.

chuixupu
11.07.2012 , 01:56 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Crap like Tim Burton's revamp of Batman when before that batman was mostly seen like this?
And Christopher Nolan's Batman is even darker than Tim Burton's....and way more awesome.

I think Star Wars is best at it's darkest moments, but they stand out best in all its lighter moments. Balance ftw.

Anywho, looking forward to the patch, it's always nice to see the developer dispatches. Though I feel like they should have hired John Machitta to help cram all that information in.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Korvus_Starlight
11.07.2012 , 01:56 PM | #15
I still think that the whole Dread Master thing has carried on too long as it is. The Dread Master story arc isn't even good. It's boring and predictable and if Kephess comes back again there will be hell to pay for such laziness. I want a dynamic operation story where your choices can actually change the encounter different and better yet the encounter changes difficulty in a particular area such as if you choose selection A. you will have to eat a lot of aoe damage or if you choose selection B. there will be no aoe damage, but the enrage timer is tighter or something like that. Give us mechanics that we can control in a way and not some cheaply done one size fits all boss fights. Basically Bioware needs to put their copy of WoW down and get an original idea. We are playing this game not because of what it copies from other MMOs, but what it offers in itself and while story missions are "ground breaking" because I don't have to read blocks of text, end game is stale and fairly dull. Oh, and adding mounts and pets...DOES NOT CHANGE HOW FUN THE GAME IS! Make mounts or pets that actually assist you in your adventures. I'd like to ride a Nexu who chews up my enemies into bits while I slash away at his friends.
http://i.imgur.com/0VYEG.gif
░▒ General Korvus Starlight - The Army of Light ▒░
░▒ Website | Forums | Application ▒░

Anysao
11.07.2012 , 02:53 PM | #16
Gentlemen... This is the update we've been waiting for.
Puzzle missions, new area, new progressively harder boss fight, nightmare explosive conflict operation, and a new companion. And most importantly, new story.

I can not wait. This update laughs at update 1.2. It was good to see some imperial players for a chance! Got a little bored of watching Jedi and troopers doing all the fun stuff.

Keep up the excellent work! Also was nice to see some new faces representing BioWare.

Excitement.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Orlesian
11.07.2012 , 03:44 PM | #17
Nice. Though it hurst knowing that I will probably never get that mount as the vehicle and pet collector that I am We have enough trouble with Kephess on EC HM... *Le sigh*
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

SilentKitty
11.07.2012 , 05:08 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Orlesian View Post
Nice. Though it hurst knowing that I will probably never get that mount as the vehicle and pet collector that I am We have enough trouble with Kephess on EC HM... *Le sigh*
There there, I know the feeling

Really look forward to starting the hunt for HK-51!

DarthSabreth
11.07.2012 , 05:24 PM | #19
Where do we pick up the quest to start the HK-51 companion?
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Kyse
11.07.2012 , 07:45 PM | #20
so that new progressively harder boss fight like how much harder does it get and does it ever reset?