Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 50 Legacy

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drudenfusz
11.07.2012 , 12:13 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTexas View Post
Unlock a new character slot every 10 legacy levels. Players at legacy 50 will have 16 slots, enough for all 16 AC's in the game! (or male/female or light/dark of every class).
Your math is weird, every 10 level to 50 would mean that one gets 5 character slots extra, not 4.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

uziforyou
11.07.2012 , 12:14 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by patchew View Post
what hard work is involved with playing a game and automatically gained legacy as youre earning xp?
you dont specificalyl have to level up legacy, it just happens as you progress.
This.

Why anyone would think they're owed anything for leveling legacy is beyond me since it requires no extra effort on a players part.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

TheNahash
11.07.2012 , 12:24 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I talked to Lead Designer Damion Schubert about Legacy Level 50 and potential rewards, and here's what he said:

We are currently looking at things we can add to the Legacy page - in particular, Legacy will need some juicing up after the Cartel Market goes live - but I wouldn't expect any changes until after the Free-to-Play update at least.
Thanks for the update.
I don't see how giving us at least a title would need so much time invested that you guys can't fit it in before F2P hits (especially since people have been hitting 50 since February-March), but at least we know something might happen.

Lostpenguins
11.07.2012 , 12:34 PM | #34
Honestly , the legacy system for leveling up is sort of pointless. Sure, there's a small amount of "gated" content that requires certain legacy levels, but overall they're pointless. It's only the stuff you buy or stuff that is independent of legacy level (companion presence bonus, unlocking races for certain classes, etc.) matter. But simply being Legacy lvl 50 does nothing in-of-itself. Even if it did, I'm sure you guys would make it cost 10mil credits to unlock with your legacy level 15. =/

Skodan
11.07.2012 , 02:30 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I talked to Lead Designer Damion Schubert about Legacy Level 50 and potential rewards, and here's what he said:

We are currently looking at things we can add to the Legacy page - in particular, Legacy will need some juicing up after the Cartel Market goes live - but I wouldn't expect any changes until after the Free-to-Play update at least.
its not just legacy level 50 stuff that is needed. it is anything beyond legacy level 25.
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

MarsherMeow
11.07.2012 , 02:36 PM | #36
It would be nice if at legacy 50 there was a perk allowing you to get a bunch of exp from class quests so world quests became optional. Most of us at legacy 50 have done all the world quests several times over.
I want to see the storys of the 2 classes I haven't seen yet but the thought of doing the world quests again just makes me log off.

Izorii
11.07.2012 , 04:16 PM | #37
I dont think its just legacy 50 that needs to be looked at but legacy in general. I know its all about changing how you level toon 2, 3 and 4 but I have 5 lv 50's and dont plan to do another one without a good reason. As it stands I see legacy as largly pointless.

While I know it would never happen I would love very high levels to unlock more alien species. Most legacy lv 40's have probably got a number of lv 50 characters and done a number of the stories so who cares if a few conversations dont make sence a lot of people with multiple lv 50's will try and skip a lot of the non class story any way.

SalvorHardin
11.07.2012 , 05:25 PM | #38
You can't have worthy (read 'usable") perks with the legacy system because of the people who don't wanna have alts and will whine about the devs forcing them into alting to be competitive...
Arkadya <Ashes of the Order> - Jedi Shadow - Red Eclipse
Salvor <SY DE> - Hybrid Slinger - The Progenitor
Aldahir <SY DE> - Combat Sentinel - The Progenitor
Feex <SY DE> - Combat Medic Commando - The Progenitor

DarthSabreth
11.07.2012 , 05:33 PM | #39
meh i agree that it needs an update of sorts. i have lvl 37 legacy and ive bought some stuff, but i really dont think that some of the stuff is worth paying all those credits for.

What would i like to see in legacy for purchase.
1. companion pets
2. legacy gear open to all alts
3. changes to the look of your ship.
meh blah suggestions i know but i think for most its the high cost of what we have now that puts some off to buying some of it.

Personally i think the cost should scale lower with the higher you go with legacy level.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

mavsynchroid
11.07.2012 , 06:46 PM | #40
I have to say, I'm really surprised you guys don't get bothered by biowares copy and paste replies.

"I just spoke to (insert name and job description) concerning ( insert issue brought up) and they say they're looking into it." I knew this was going to be the response as soon as I saw the bioware response symbol. Just feels very artificial to me. Oh, and it almost always ends with "won't happen until after (insert next patch name). You guys do realize its just a tactic to shut you up, right? Not cool, man. Not cool.